Callaway Supersoft Ball

Not to mention that the trees at Lane Creek just don't like these balls. Every one we hit toward the trees were easily findable or kicked back into the fairway. :smile:

I tried my best to lose mine several times but just couldn't do it. :D I could play this ball until I knocked the paint off it :bomb:

Love this ball. I'm now seriously considering moving from Chromes to SS permanently. I also like the X2 Hot ball but it's about 7 dollars more power dozen. Hard to beat the SS value

Tapataptapa on my Samsung S5

Love this ball. I'm now seriously considering moving from Chromes to SS permanently. I also like the X2 Hot ball but it's about 7 dollars more power dozen. Hard to beat the SS value

I'm between the Chrome+ and the SS. Really like both, but have had better scores, this season, with the SS. I definitely like the better approach shot spin of the Chrome+, but the overall performance/value of the SS is really an advantage.

Pardon my lack of ball knowledge, but how do these stack up to the Bridgestone E series?

I've played the E7 (hated them) and currently play
The E6 (not too bad) I haven't tried the E5.

For the money it sounds like the SS might be a decent ball for $20/doz. how does it compare?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pardon my lack of ball knowledge, but how do these stack up to the Bridgestone E series?

I've played the E7 (hated them) and currently play
The E6 (not too bad) I haven't tried the E5.

For the money it sounds like the SS might be a decent ball for $20/doz. how does it compare?

I have played the SS and e6. The SS is a little longer off the tee but the e6 is a little spinnier with my irons and wedges and around the greens. I like both of them though and would easily play either or.

I have played the SS and e6. The SS is a little longer off the tee but the e6 is a little spinnier with my irons and wedges and around the greens. I like both of them though and would easily play either or.

These two are definitely my favorite balls. For the price and performance both of these work really well for most golfers.

I've played the e6 as well and I would say they are very comparable around the green. I'm not a high spin player but I got, if anything, slightly more stickiness with the SS. Definitely longer off the tees and long irons compared to the e6.

To be clear, though, I never got along well with the e6 so I am biased. Many people love the e6.

SS is cheaper too. Likely a bit less durable but I lose a couple a round :-D so what is durability to me?

This is what I've heard from others as well. I'm playing the TF Gamer right now and really interested in trying both the SS and e6 to see if either might fit me better.

Interesting to hear the e6 comparisons. Thanks for the reviews boys

Well that settles it, I'm gonna try the SS the next time out.

Put me in the camp that plays the e6 and now the Supersoft. I'm a fan of the e6, but really like the Supersoft. It plays and feels better in all aspects of the game for me.

Taps away

I have been playing the SS since it was released I was playing the Hex Chrome prior to that and for me it is longer off the tee by a long way and about a club longer on my irons the Chrome stopped a little quicker but not a lot for me. But what I really love about the ball is the feel off of the putter I'm a person that doesn't like to have to hit the ball hard off the putter and this ball just leaps off the putter I have never putted so well.

I'm looking forward to gaming this at my home course Monday. I had a few shots that were longer than normal on Thursday when I played Lane Creek with Old Gray. If I can just get the putter "feel" down with this ball I will probably game it for a while to see if it might become my gamer.

I'm looking forward to gaming this at my home course Monday. I had a few shots that were longer than normal on Thursday when I played Lane Creek with Old Gray. If I can just get the putter "feel" down with this ball I will probably game it for a while to see if it might become my gamer.

Do you also find it hot off of the putter

These balls are $15 per dozen at Golf Galaxy and Dick's right now, free shipping.

After all the SS love, I broke down and bought me a dozen. Will probably game them on Thursday in our weekly scramble. I'm down to my last sleeve of e6's anyways. Can't find the orange's in the local stores so have not bought any more. If the SS's play just as well, I'll save myself $7 a dozen and just game them instead.

These balls are $15 per dozen at Golf Galaxy and Dick's right now, free shipping.

Just got the email about Golfsmith having them, but Dick's is a heck of a lot closer to me. Thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I play with a guy who has approx 105-110 swing speed and I have a 85-90 swing speed and I drive just as long or right where he drives with the SS. If I was to use a different ball, I would not get the distance and accuracy.
But i dont think he is trying to hammer it lol

Last edited:
Putted the SS alongside a Gamer, a DT Solo, and a Warbird 3.0 this morning. With close to the same stroke with a milled face putter, the SuperSoft easily went 2-3 feet further. Felt like butter, with a soft muted sound. Can't wait to get these on the course this weekend.

I played 9 holes with these today. The distance gain was 10-15 yards on drives and decent struck iron shots compared to E6. It was crazy though on pitch/chips shots around the green how much more roll these have than even the E6. Its not a deal breaker as long as I can adjust my short shots.

This ball just keeps performing so well for me. I am currently looking to stock up for the next couple months on the Bay.

I played 9 today and didn't lose one of these bad boys. Just a reliable and dependable flight from tee to green. It just fits my game and that's all I need

Do you also find it hot off of the putter

I seemed to have distance control problems, but my putting is stinking right now. Hoping that the fine folks at SeeMore can help me out with that today.

Just got the email about Golfsmith having them, but Dick's is a heck of a lot closer to me. Thanks for the heads up!

Shipping is free from Dick's or from Golf Galaxy , I ordered 3 dozen from Golf Galaxy on Sunday and received them on Tuesday.

Played a par 3 tonight. I'm not a high spin player but hit 6 greens and fringed the 250 hole. Very happy with this ball. My friend laughed at me about my girly golf balls until it was time to pay for the beer.

This ball just keeps performing so well for me. I am currently looking to stock up for the next couple months on the Bay.

I played 9 today and didn't lose one of these bad boys. Just a reliable and dependable flight from tee to green. It just fits my game and that's all I need
$15 a dozen and free shipping at dicks and golf galaxy right now.

Back