Golf Shirts vs Regular Shirts

I guess I think of golf as having a uniform. You wear golf shirts and golf shorts with golf shoes.

I wouldn't wear a non-golf shirt for golf any more than I'd wear non-military gear to the field.

And all cotton shirts would be miserable carrying a bag, IMO.

I guess I think of golf as having a uniform. You wear golf shirts and golf shorts with golf shoes.

I wouldn't wear a non-golf shirt for golf any more than I'd wear non-military gear to the field.

And all cotton shirts would be miserable carrying a bag, IMO.

Lol I'm just the opposite it might be all I own

I always hated the cotton polos. Had to play in them back in the 90s because the wicking stuff was pretty much non-existent. I love the new materials tho, and I won't play in anything wake. I was always drenched after a round when I was a kid.

It's very difficult to even find 100% cotton golf shirts anymore, and there's a good reason for that...no demand. Personally, shirts wet with sweat do bother me, and I'll bet most would agree.

I once busted the zipper of my pants before a tournament round. Talk about uncomfortable. However, I forgot about it on the first hole when I left a wedge 5 feet from the hole.

I wear a golf polo almost everything I go out. If it's our run down county course then I might wear a teeshirt. But mainly golf polos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Golf shirt every time, anything else is uncomfortable. I will do it, but don't even like going the range in a regular shirt. The way I sweat I need a light shirt whenever I swing a club.

My Daughter last year for my Birthday picked me out this awesome Dri-Fit UA from the outlets in Gettysburg... Since then these are all I wear while golfing....

<+>< Ps 46:1 ><+>

Golf shirts, hands down. I've gone to the range on lunch break wearing a dress shirt, and I come back all wrinkled. Thankfully we're just about at the point where I can start wearing golf shirts to the office every day as well.

not a huge fan of clubs sticking to me.

I can't say I've had a problem with clubs sticking to me. Care to elaborate? :alien:

I've stopped playing in cotton shirts and shorts. Can't stand the feeling

I can't say I've had a problem with clubs sticking to me. Care to elaborate? :alien:

I've stopped playing in cotton shirts and shorts. Can't stand the feeling

I will just say my sandwedge has never been the same since the atlanta trip. .lmao.

I ment clothes my good man.

I will just say my sandwedge has never been the same since the atlanta trip. .lmao.

I ment clothes my good man.

I wore that thing out!

It has literally been years since I have wore a cotton shirt in the summer. Even in the winter it's not a given that I will then wear a cotton shirt...

I tried it once when I snuck off from work to play at the last minute with friends visiting from out of town.....I will never do it again.

If humidity isn't bad I've worn cotton shirts into the 80's this year, including a round in FL. Not the old pique weave shirts, but the Linksoul Innosoft and Bobby Jones Watson stripe have both been fine for me.

That said, my closet is full of tech materials as well. Based on looks, comfort, and durability alone, cotton wins. Humidity not so much. I like blends. I also like to think I'm not a fool too - both have their place and time.

I wear the same shirts for work and golf as all I buy are polyester shirts anyway. Being a rep in Louisiana in this heat requires "moisture management" all day!

But, I may start buying cheap poly shirts at Target or Wal Mart just for golf. It's already in the 90's and I sweat through my shirts each time I played last week. No use ruining work shirts!!!!

Back