Golf Shirts vs Regular Shirts

Shook

Shooktacular
Reaction score
Handicap
Yesterday I ran to play a quick 9 after work. I had my usual work shirt on (a button down short sleeve semi-casual), and its usually comfortable at work so I decided not to change into a golf polo.

By hole 3 the shirt was sticking all over me due to sweat, and it felt like it was tugging on me in the wrong direction during every move in my swing. Lesson learned - always wear a golf shirt.

Anyone else feel the same?

Yesterday I ran to play a quick 9 after work. I had my usual work shirt on (a button down short sleeve semi-casual), and its usually comfortable at work so I decided not to change into a golf polo.

By hole 3 the shirt was sticking all over me due to sweat, and it felt like it was tugging on me in the wrong direction during every move in my swing. Lesson learned - always wear a golf shirt.

Last summer for one of my golf leagues, I was running late from work, so I just tee'd off in my dress pants/dress shirt. It is the one and only time I've played in anything but a golf shirt and it was not enjoyable. So I will agree.

Depending on the conditions, yes I agree

I almost always golf in a moisture wicking shirt. If it is cold, and I still feel the need to golf, it s 50-50 whether I wear a cotton shirt.

Buy and wear nothing but cotton golf shirts. Can't stand the polyester material. Shirts wet with sweat have never bothered me.

I always wear golf shirts they help me move easier and are cooler in the hot CA summers

I have to have the moisture wicking qualities of a golf shirt. There might be an occasion in the winter where I won't wear a golf shirt but it's rare.

If I'm at the course/range it's gotta be a golf polo. I've tried to take swings in a dress shirt before and I was way too constricted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I've been known to play in a t-shirt from time to time. My home course doesn't have a strict dress code.

Lesson learned here also. & started buying same material in shorts & pants. Also now using same shirts for bowling

I wear golf shirts to work anyway so no issues. Anyone wearing 100% cotton at this point is a fool.

I learned early on that 100% cotton shirts in the Houston humidity did not mix. Unfortunately for a while that's all that was out there, but once the moisture wicking materials started coming out I switched 100%. I usually wear long sleeve button down shirts for work, but on accession will wear a golf shirt and love it. has served me well when stopping by to practice or putt on the way home.

I wear golf shirts to work anyway so no issues. Anyone wearing 100% cotton at this point is a fool.

I've been wearing mine to work a couple days a week too

I am fortunate that I can wear golf shirts to work (usually rocking Travis Mathew or something similar) and I have been really liking the Haggar Cool 18 pants/

So, lucky for me I can't really relate to this issue...

I agree. I play in golf clothes.......

Will never play in cotton. Every work shirt I own is readily transferable to the course. Just in case. Well, that...and they are the most comfortable to wear just about any time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't share the feeling, I'm actually more comfortable in a 'regular' shirt as I tend not to like the fabric in most athletic shirts :) Also I'm not a sweat monster ;)

And it's not often hot here, humid yes, but hot no. (Unfortunately it will be tomorrow when I have a match going on)

I'm on the smaller boat of preferring cotton to the wicking. I usually wear the later, but am more comfortable in cotton.

Ive just recently started wearing the the "wicking" shirts. Night and day difference from the cotton. Ill still wear them from time to time but prefer the newer style ... not a huge fan of clubs sticking to me.

I don't know if I could wear cotton anymore. I can where the blends but that is about it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I have worn cotton shirts a couple of times and it is just miserable once you are used to a performance blend.

I wear golf shirts almost everyday to work, however, every now and then I wear those under armour t shirts to play a round at the course in which I have a range membership at, their lax on the dress code.

To enjoy golf, cotton is required here from time to time to stay warm.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Luckily I'm able to wear golf shirts everyday. Sometimes, I even get to wear shorts! I'm sure that couldn't have been very comfortable.

Back