The Official 2013-2014 NBA Thread

If I am playing basketball... I would much rather have the flu than leg cramps.

Read an article on LBJ and it seems anytime the arena he played in was "warm" (which is relative I guess), he struggles.

He once complained about it being warm in Miami and now they apparently blast the A/C to even cold temperatures to make sure he's comfortable.

If it's a problem for him to play in warm temps, then maybe he needs to start practicing in warmer than usual gyms and get his body accustomed to it. I'm not saying what happened last night was a good thing, because it should've never happened, but a "warm" arena problem will always be a bigger problem than one that is too cold...

word-on-the-street-230407.jpg

That made me lol. Good game last night but I couldn't help but root for the spurs. Everyone else had to deal with the same heat so....Lebron seems to be a fair weather player I guess

Not a Lebron fan at all........ but I've had the leg cramping issue a couple times and it's awful. I think with a player his size with the energy he exerts, it certainly drains his body and the heat would just make it even worse. I'd worry this will take a toll on him the rest of the series. If they're bad enough, the soreness doesn't just go away very easily.

That being said.... Go Spurs! :)

uvedu2e4.jpg

Ready for game 2 in an hour...#RollSpurs

Stop stealing Clemson's slogan

I don't know all the details, but the cramping issue is bizarre. How is he during the winter when a lot of places are blasting the heat? Did this come up during the Olympics? Do stadiums have to provide AC? Pretty big motivation for a lot of venues not to, knowing they can capitalize on a major Achilles heel of the best player in the league.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pretty sure it wasn't Sabatoge, spurs seem like to classy of an organization to try that. Not to mention they had their way with heat last year til the wet the bed

No I don't think SA did that intentionally and agree they're too above board for that, but in general, what is stopping stadiums from doing it?

Oh Parker u can't miss both free throws

And then Duncan missing 2

Holy crap lebron took 4 steps and no travel call

Ball game. Bosh with a great unselfish play.

Ball game

I will say the spurs are the better team but the heat had the best player by a TON

All tied up. GO HEAT!!! #WHITEHOT

Ugh now they're interviewing LBJ. I forgot what a DB he is. Played a great game though

LeBron just winked at you.

Please he don't want any of this..I'd back him down for the jump hooks then step out and make it rain 3s.

Just ask the guys that saw me shoot at Dave and busters.

And fwiw no way would the nba allow a 0-2 start

Heat go into SA and get a split! Heat are +11 in the 2 games when LeBron is on the court, -24 when he's on the bench. He makes such a huge difference on both ends of the floor. Everyone talks about his offense but the Heat seem to give up too many wide open shots on defense when he's out. Looking forward to Game 3 in Miami. Go Heat!

Big Shot Bosh? And then the crossover on Duncan and bounce pass to Wade? Fun game to watch.

Back