What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to play 18 but between working until 4am last night and the rains I had to bail. Sorry Bullfrog! If it dries out enough I might try for 9 tomorrow.

18 early (first loopers), Watched the Fed Ex St Jude, THP, and some orange whip work.

Wish I could add something more than this, but I knocked practice balls around the backyard with the 58 deg wedge.

THPed, cleaned clubs, stroked some putts on my indoor green, packed for the SeeMore Extravaganza

Played 18 with Jank & TBT. Great Sunday morning

Went out to take Tera and the boys golfing. Rain and tornado warnings had other ideas. What is this...the Midwest!

Holy Breakthrough Batman!

So, I'm someone who has always loved/written about/covered golf but was never able to actually play as much as I wanted to (school, work, money, yada yada) but now have that opportunity.

Because of that, I've always used very cheap stuff, used stuff, because it wasn't worth it to spend money. But I decided to spend a bit and get some new Nike irons (VR_S X) the other day.

Holy crap these are fantastic. But not as a review, just as a feeling of breaking through.

I've always been a high handicapper and could NEVER hit long irons in a round. On the range, I just couldn't figure them out and would never, in a round, hit anything lower than a 7-iron. I have these two Nike hybrids I've always used and could hit consistently, so for anything longer than 150, I'd just play it safe with those.

I've had some Titleist 755's and would hit nine out of 10 thin. Swapped them for some Nike's, got a good deal, and I've never hit half as well. Within 15 minutes of hitting these, I felt like I could get a 4-iron and hit it into the bed of a truck from 175. It was unreal for someone like me. I was as accurate with the 4 as I used to be with a 9 or a PW. Part of it, I think, was that I made a slight adjustment with my address. But both things combined beautifully.

I'd hit a shot and start smiling like a goon. At that driving range, about 80-90 yards out is an old VW Beetle (with BOB written on it). I had 7-8 balls left and started taking aim with the new AW. On the eighth and final ball, I drilled the roof. And six of the first seven would have been within 15 feet of the hole (for me, that's insane).

Sorry to take up space with some small story. But it was unreal to see such a difference from two small changes, new clubs and moving back in the stance maybe two inches. Just goes to show you, for the high handicappers, it doesn't always take much. I'm still bad, for sure. But man it felt good.

As you were!

Played 18.

P.S. Watched the last few holes of the St. Jude Classic.

Took my son to the range this morning. We split a large bucket, worked on pitch shots and putting. Played 18 with a friend in the PM.

As it is raining here today, just watching golf and thping.

Nothing, enjoying a couple days with my wife, much needed.

Member guest at my club the last 3 days, was a lot of fun

Just some THP for me today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Worked on mid irons and driver at the range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing really, even though my wife asked me this morning if I was playing golf today, I had figured early in the week I wouldn't because of the all day THP gathering yesterday, opportunity missed because it was perfect today.

Nothing really, even though my wife asked me this morning if I was playing golf today.

My wife asked the same thing if I was golfing today...mother nature had other ideas with the rain

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Played a modified two man scramble this morning (terribly), then played 9 this afternoon (42 with three 3 putts). Wish I could drive the ball. Chipped well, which was one of my goals for the weekend.

THP. Played 18.

Hit a few bags of balls on the range at my old stompin grounds, Oakcrest GC in Norway MI.

Played 9 at the children's course with my son.

Became frustrated at my new-found inability to hit a golf ball farther than 200 yards. Too many mishits, too many questions, not enough time in the day to get things figured out.

Saturday went to Golf Discount and regripped my putter and Grace got 3 pink balls and then yesterday, went to meet a buddy at the course down the road and they were packed with a scramble that was rained out the day before. So we went to another course we never been to. Needless to say, it was an eye opener. But fun. I drove a 220 yard par three and pared it ugh!

Visited my local golf shop to demo the BB for the Callaway/THP contest. Fingers crossed I play golf instead of work for the next several yeara!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Learned how to re grip clubs. I did a practice one on an old wedge, then re gripped my current wedges. As I was doing my first gamer after the practice one, I realized it was actually two sided tape! I thought the solution stuff activated the stickiness, so was lucky to discover that when I started with my gamers. I did all of them without a hitch, then ripped off the first one on the practice club with a lot of pulling and twisting. Pretty stoked how they turned out.

9u2azyjy.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back