Callaway Big Bertha Driver Review

I have never been a fan of Callaway woods in my life, they've always had recoil for me and never delivered on the goods like so many others got, Until Today. I went to Dicks this afternoon to get my entry in for Phils paycheck and a pic for the bonus and man have I denied myself some serious stuff with this monster. I hit both the Alpha and the regular Bertha and both delivered exceptional results, the Bertha however delivered in spades, I've never been this long.

No way this can be true.

I have never been a fan of Callaway woods in my life, they've always had recoil for me and never delivered on the goods like so many others got, Until Today. I went to Dicks this afternoon to get my entry in for Phils paycheck and a pic for the bonus and man have I denied myself some serious stuff with this monster. I hit both the Alpha and the regular Bertha and both delivered exceptional results, the Bertha however delivered in spades, I've never been this long.

No way this can be true.

Dude those are amazing numbers!

I'm still in shock at how good this thing felt at impact, just shocked.

Trout,
I said the same thing. While I have used Callaway woods in the past, it was never long term. This one is unique and both offer such different options.

296 with that club and ur swing...I believe it

It's too long! I'd miss fairways lol. It was very Different JB, it felt fantastic!

It's too long! I'd miss fairways lol.

yeah dude but at a 26.2 index you need all the help off the tee you can get, just work on those scoring irons and you will be money!

It was a 12 degree head with a white and blue Fubuki thing or something like that, Stiff. It was nice that's for sure.

It was a 12 degree head with a white and blue Fubuki thing or something like that, Stiff. It was nice that's for sure.

Haha yeah white and blue fubuki thing. Bottle it up and send me some lol

Haha yeah white and blue fubuki thing. Bottle it up and send me some lol

I'll tell you dude I don't pay attention to shafts too much, I ask for stiff and lite lol.

Well I just got out of golf
Galaxy and hit my R1 and the BB both at 9.5 with draw bias. Aside from backspin numbers they were neck and neck. Backspin in my R1 was 2500 range, Bertha a staggering 5400. Carry about the same and total distance a little better with the r1.

One thing I did not try was putting the bertha at neutral. The first few times I hit it and liked it, I had it set to neutral. I was in a rush today to get the kids from daycare though so only had about 15 minutes to compare.

I really want to like the bertha enough to bite the bullet. I like the feel of it for sure. Swing weight seems to fit me better and the shape of the head fits my eyes well.

More pondering and testing another day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I was playing with my mates the other day, one of them asked if I had a new driver I said yip the new BB so I showed him and he liked it and he also commented on how nice it sounds when I hit it, I had to agree with him, its definitely not as loud a ting as the R11s.

Just throwing this out but has anyone else had trouble with the clear coat on the BB driver head bubbling up? Mine now has 4 or 5 spots that it is pretty apparent on. I showed it to Sox Fan, coers, Rambler and troyfl yesterday and they had not heard of it happening to anyone else. They suggested that I contact Callaway as this driver is about 1 month old. And no, there are no pop ups on the head anywhere. I plan to contact them next Monday when I am home from the SeeMore weekend. Anyone?

I'm still in shock at how good this thing felt at impact, just shocked.

I think it took one swing to sell me on this club. Just flat out felt and performed better than any other head I tested.

Just throwing this out but has anyone else had trouble with the clear coat on the BB driver head bubbling up? Mine now has 4 or 5 spots that it is pretty apparent on. I showed it to Sox Fan, coers, Rambler and troyfl yesterday and they had not heard of it happening to anyone else. They suggested that I contact Callaway as this driver is about 1 month old. And no, there are no pop ups on the head anywhere. I plan to contact them next Monday when I am home from the SeeMore weekend. Anyone?
on two of the BBs I have there is a linenof wrinkled paint. right where the face cup meets the head

I really love this thing. Hitting second shots from places I've never seen on my home course. It's honestly like I moved up a tee box.

mine as the same thing, i thought it was supposed to be there

Just got back from playing with my dad and had an amazing driving day. Had 3 drives over 270, one was 305 (elevated tee box) and my misses were still just off the fairway in the rough. I absolutely love this driver!

Tap tap taparoo

Finally I seem to be hitting this bad girl well again, at least at the range the last couple times. I think it responds better when I try to play a fade, because I did that today and it worked spectacularly. Hoping it keeps up, because I love the sound and the flight of this club.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

All the previous weekend's pull issues (ie. my issues) mysteriously disappeared this weekend. I played both Fri and today, and hit 10/14 both days, today tying my pb. Just loving BB, day after day. It is a ridiculous driver. Ridiculous.

Follow up, contacted Callaway Golf this a.m. and they will be shipping a new head this week. I will ship the old one back and they will inspect it to see what is going on. Entire call took 3 minutes for start to finish. Callway Golf rocks.

Currently play Razr Fit with a Graffolly Prolaunch Red shaft and was wondering if the BB uses the same adapter so I can use this shaft with the BB head. If anybody has any thoughts would love to hear them..

Currently play Razr Fit with a Graffolly Prolaunch Red shaft and was wondering if the BB uses the same adapter so I can use this shaft with the BB head. If anybody has any thoughts would love to hear them..
Different, this one is double cogged.

Back