What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played with Mikeg and Jank yesterday at The Traditions Course @ Cypresswood Golf Course.....to say it was ugly golf would be an insult to ugly golf...I just couldn't find a groove with my swing and it seemed like I was just slapping at balls with my irons.

Had several holes where I hit a perfect drive, dead in the middle of the fairway with a mid iron in my hand and still made double....way too many big numbers for the day!

48/46= 94

It was GREAT COMPANY....but bad golf.

I've always admired your tempo dude, it will come back around. You're too good for it not to.

My drives & your putting we could be a deadly combo!

That does sound like a pretty good scramble team...LOL

I've always admired your tempo dude, it will come back around. You're too good for it not to.

Thanks Marc, I really appreciate that, it means alot coming from you!

I think I finally my wedges figured out. Moved them back in my stance and don't over-swing.

Overswinging is something I am working on as well. It's just so hard sometime to keep a controlled tempo in the middle of a round. But the results speak for themselves when I do it.

Very disappointing 87, with good reason. But still disappointing.

Our sixth is a short par4, reachable for some with the driver. Two people hit before me, one about 30 yards short of the green, the other 20-ish. I was third and waited for the green to clear, going to hit my 4wood that should be just shy of the green. Once the group was moving from the green (walking around the back) I started my procedure. I hit my ball only to see one of the people ahead turned around and was now walking the other way around the green. We all yelled FORE, saw the man stop, grab a club from his bag and hit the ball back towards us. My ball was just a few meters short of the green!

I was thoroughly pissed and went to talk to the guy. Let's say his first words where him wishing I had cancer and the next sentence was him telling me he should've hit me in the head with the ball. I got quite angry at this point and was stupid enough not to leave the scene.

Well I didn't shed the feeling It gave me for the rest of the round.. Being level par ended up being 16 over. 12 stableford on the first 5 holes, 16 on the remaining 13... Just one more par and a birdie, a lot of doubles, a couple of bogeys and even a triple..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very disappointing 87, with good reason. But still disappointing.

Our sixth is a short par4, reachable for some with the driver. Two people hit before me, one about 30 yards short of the green, the other 20-ish. I was third and waited for the green to clear, going to hit my 4wood that should be just shy of the green. Once the group was moving from the green (walking around the back) I started my procedure. I hit my ball only to see one of the people ahead turned around and was now walking the other way around the green. We all yelled FORE, saw the man stop, grab a club from his bag and hit the ball back towards us. My ball was just a few meters short of the green!

I was thoroughly pissed and went to talk to the guy. Let's say his first words where him wishing I had cancer and the next sentence was him telling me he should've hit me in the head with the ball. I got quite angry at this point and was stupid enough not to leave the scene.

Well I didn't shed the feeling It gave me for the rest of the round.. Being level par ended up being 16 over. 12 stableford on the first 5 holes, 16 on the remaining 13... Just one more par and a birdie, a lot of doubles, a couple of bogeys and even a triple..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow unfortunate situation. Level head usually previal with things like this, sorry it ruined your round.

Wow unfortunate situation. Level head usually previal with things like this, sorry it ruined your round.

I should've moved away went things went south, there's my fault.
The group went and complained about me to the general manager, another group complained about the noise we made. I had a talk of about an hour with the GM, in the end he said it's all my fault. The group ahead where greenfee players and we should just avoid those people. It wasn't a fun talk, I think I was abled to get maybe 15 sentences in after explaining how my ball ended up there in the first place.

This might be a (big) part of the reason I was already thinking of moving away...

Here's a testament to the vagaries of the golf gods and the importance of maintaining composure and tempo in your round...

On Friday I was in a hurry and so I rented a cart and played an easy course alone as fast as I could, zooming from shot to shot, never pulling flags, etc. Shot a 90. Couldn't hit anything well.

On Sunday I walked over a harder course, took my time, fished for balls, maintained my routine on every shot, focused on smooth tempo, played with amicable partners for 9 holes .... and shot a 66 with one turkey and two eagles.

24 shot difference in two rounds. Goes to show how much this game is mental.

+4 76. Tied PB. 5 FIR, 9 GIR, 27 PUTTS!

Nice shooting, KC!

Nice round kc. You've been playing done good golf lately. Congrats.

As posted in the live round thread, shot 80 today. Had 6/13 FIR, 11/18 GIR, and 34 putts. I think that might be the highest number of GIR that I've ever had, so I'm pleased with that. However, I had 3 3-putts on holes where I had a GIR, so the putting needs to improve. All of my practice in the past month has been on my full swing trying to fix my takeaway and overswinging, and I think that I'm finally seeing the benefits.

An 80 with three 3-putts is pretty darn solid, Amol.

Of course, Stockton is disappoint.

38/35 for a +1 73. Hit only 4/14 fairways (1 OB penalty off the tee) with many of the misses being within a yard or two of the fairway. What really helped was 10/18 GIR coupled with 29 putts. Coincidence that I have now tied my PB twice in just over a week? Next stop: breaking par!

38/35 for a +1 73. Hit only 4/14 fairways (1 OB penalty off the tee) with many of the misses being within a yard or two of the fairway. What really helped was 10/18 GIR coupled with 29 putts. Coincidence that I have now tied my PB twice in just over a week? Next stop: breaking par!

Nice work Tyler. That round looks like an Apex irons round if I've ever seen one.

Keep at it. You'll be under par sooner than later.

An 80 with three 3-putts is pretty darn solid, Amol.

Of course, Stockton is disappoint.

Seriously, I haven't practiced putting in over 3 weeks. Stockton would be very disappointed.

Nice work Tyler. That round looks like an Apex irons round if I've ever seen one.

Keep at it. You'll be under par sooner than later.

Let me tell you what, Apex are the reason I'm playing so well. They are just great irons and I know what to expect from them. Confidence has never come so easy as when I address the ball with an Apex in hand.

Let me tell you what, Apex are the reason I'm playing so well. They are just great irons and I know what to expect from them. Confidence has never come so easy as when I address the ball with an Apex in hand.

Same here. Without question, those irons have changed my game.

Shot a 46 for 9 holes no three putts and one par. Hit my driver pretty well today. Would have loved to be lower but It felt like an improvement over my last few rounds.

Using Tapatalk

Shot a 51 today on 9 holes. had 3, 3 putts and had to take a stroke for a drop.... not my best day

20 over, 46/46 for a 92. I struck the ball better than I have in awhile. Club selection, some inconsistency with long irons, and some patches of poor chipping around the greens, combined to be my undoing. Still, hitting my driver straight for the first time in nearly a month has me excited. Just need to get on the green more often from outside 150 yards.

40/44 = 84 at North Shore GC in Menominee MI. 2 birdies and a bunch of other stuff.

Played at Coyote Preserve and at 6580. Had an okay driving day hitting 6/13 fairways where my misses were just off the FW. (New Grip is doing wonders). Where I feel I did the best day was my iron striking hitting 10/18 GIR. Putting could have been better and had 34 putts. I finished just 1 shy of my PB for the year going 40/38 = 78.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back