Serola Sacroiliac Belt Review Thread

Great thoughts Brad, really enjoy having you part of this with your extensive knowledge of the back and of products similar to this.

I think the website says to wear all day and during lifting and twisting.

GG your comment about being uncomfortable while sitting worries as I sit at a computer all day. Maybe it is as you say user error or maybe it become more comfortable as time goes on
As a fellow computer-sitter, but also a guy who regards fitness as a large function of his career (being in the military), I think the sitting and shortening/stiffening of hip flexor muscles might be a cause of back pain. No lie, I'm that guy who wanders out of his cubicle to stretch, do some butt-kickers, and some cha-chas to keep my hips limber during the day. I'm not saying the belt won't help, but stretching and exercise is of huge importance when we're talking lower back and other exercises/stretching.

As a fellow computer-sitter, but also a guy who regards fitness as a large function of his career (being in the military), I think the sitting and shortening/stiffening of hip flexor muscles might be a cause of back pain. No lie, I'm that guy who wanders out of his cubicle to stretch, do some butt-kickers, and some cha-chas to keep my hips limber during the day. I'm not saying the belt won't help, but stretching and exercise is of huge importance when we're talking lower back and other exercises/stretching.
I agree. I also know that I have some physiology issues and injuries that I believe that this can help.

I bought one of these belts about 2 years ago and played with it often before I finally had surgery to repair two herniated discs. I wore it a lot and still wear it on occasion. In fact, I should be wearing it every day now that we are renovating our house. I know it would help me with stability since I still have weak muscles in my lower back which causes me a lot of pain when I do too much.

One of the problems I've had during my 3 months post surgery rehab has been misalignment of my hips due to muscle imbalance. My therapist said this belt is a great tool for keeping things in place but to make sure I do self-alignment exercises that he taught me before putting it on.

I definitely recommend this belt to anyone who has back pain!

Last edited:
I threw my name in the hat for this one, wasn't selected, but I have just been having a quick look on the EU area of the website and I have one quick question (I think I know the answer but it would be great if one of the testers could confirm)

Is this the new version of the belt? The website shows a 'New' and 'Original' version, but from looking at the pictures on the website and those that dcbrad posted it looks like the new version

I will be seriously following this thread and depending on the results people see, I could well be ordering one myself after reading some of the information on the website

I threw my name in the hat for this one, wasn't selected, but I have just been having a quick look on the EU area of the website and I have one quick question (I think I know the answer but it would be great if one of the testers could confirm)

Is this the new version of the belt? The website shows a 'New' and 'Original' version, but from looking at the pictures on the website and those that dcbrad posted it looks like the new version

I will be seriously following this thread and depending on the results people see, I could well be ordering one myself after reading some of the information on the website

It is the new version.

This has me wondering about changing mine from small to medium. Do you think their recommendation leans too much to "safe" sizing?

I am a bit concerned about the size also, but was worried about going too small, so opted for the larger of the tweener size. I think it was the better choice. Unless I start losing more weight maybe?

Expecting mine to be here today or tomorrow by the looks of it.

Can't wait to run home and see if mine is there. It'll be like Christmas.

I know a few of you testers personally, and you're not of the 'girthy' variety. If you have some fluff on you, I really want to see what you think of this.

If I had been smart enough to go to their web site, I would have seen they have a belt that would probably work for me, but figured off the top of my head they wouldn't, so I didn't throw my name in. However, I'm quite interested in hearing how this goes.

I know a few of you testers personally, and you're not of the 'girthy' variety. If you have some fluff on you, I really want to see what you think of this.

If I had been smart enough to go to their web site, I would have seen they have a belt that would probably work for me, but figured off the top of my head they wouldn't, so I didn't throw my name in. However, I'm quite interested in hearing how this goes.

As a larger individual i am interested as well. Am glad to provide the girthy perspective.

I just got mine and took it out of the package, watched the video on how to put it on, and wow. Could be the belt, could be the Tylenol I took earlier kicking in, but the effect was immediate. I'll be wearing it the rest of the day and I won't take any tylenol tomorrow before league play. That will be a good test.

Big thanks to Serola and THP, I wanted to snap a few pictures while I had daylight left, I am going to have a write up later tonight on some initial things I want to focus on during the test. If Tapatalk butchers these photos, I'll upload them to photo bucket tomorrow. Early impressions = very impressed
No sense in cluttering up the thread with the exact same pics from everyone, so thanks to dcbrad for posting his pictures for all to see.

I will be following this closely as someone that deals with back pain....cant wait to see some testing while playing golf.

On Wednesday this will happen. Just having it on for a few minutes and taking a few practice swings tells me this should help a lot with golf.

Serola Sacroiliac Belt Review Thread

Just got my belt! Once again huge thank you to THP and Serola for this great testing opportunity!

I put it on for a bit, and I definitely felt a bit of a difference. I need to watch the video to make sure I'm doing it properly.

I am going to wear it tonight and as I sleep as the mornings are my most painful.

I will have my first true write-up tomorrow.

One other thing, dcbrad did great with the pics but I did want to add one to help with the specs (I ordered a medium belt)

py3yze4y.jpg

It is also 45" long (completely unraveled) in addition to the 3" tall.

Using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Definitely in the honeymoon phase, but "wow" is still my best description of the device.

Just finally got to put this on. I will skip pictures until I get it in use and can show something different but I think I can feel something working already. Thanks Serola and THP for this awesome opportunity.

Background:
I am 31 years and have suffered from low back pain. It has been caused by a host of issues. When I was around 10 I hyper-extended my back playing soccer and sprained my lumbar region. About 7 years ago I shredded the multifidus muscles in my low back dead-lifting with god awful form. However now my low back pain seems to be generated from my hips. My hips I know are very weak from sitting all day at my job and are both really tight and unstable. I hope that the belt helps alleviate some of this pain and at the same time helps strengthen the tissue as advertised.

Initial Try-On:
I am on the border between L and XL and I am plenty happy with the decision to size down. I have plenty of adjustability, especially when cinching it down tight per the instructions. The actual putting and adjusting is very easy with the dual fastening setup shown in earlier posts. The one thing I am still unsure about despite watching the video on Youtube is the exact height at which the belt. I feel that I am close because it is neither on my lumbar region nor down so far as to restrict walking. Right now I am wearing it over my running shorts that I worked out in this evening. I find it pretty comfortable with no grabbing or pulling and I find the wide nature of the belt avoids any digging feeling in the abdomen. The belt was also comfortable while watching TV this evening and didn't restrict in any way. So far the belt has done nothing to turn me off and the stable feeling provided has me excited for tomorrow. I plan on wearing to work tomorrow under my work slacks and will provide more comments regarding that feeling at that time. I am still debating if I will wear it to the gym tomorrow even though the literature says to. I am especially interested in if I can run in it as my hips and low back tend to bother me after a long run and maybe the belt can alleviate that as well.

Thanks again to Serola and THP for allowing me to test this interesting and novel product.

pa5ybega.jpg

ady9u5ub.jpg

Sorry for the blurry second photo. I am wearing the belt currently under my work pants and it doesn't stick or jut out at all. I definitely am noticing a bit of posture improvement at my desk. My guess is from the support. Where I am really noticing a difference as of now is in the upper hip area along the top of my pelvis which according to wikipedia is where the SI joint so I must be doing something right.

If anyone is wondering whether the belt may be right for them or if there pain is SI joint related I found the following symptom list on wikipedia:
The following are symptoms/signs that may be associated with an SI joint (SIJ) problem:

• Chronic Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction: SI joint dysfunction is a condition in which the patient has chronic pain associated with the SI joint. Sacroiliitis is a condition in which one or both of the SI joints are swollen or inflamed. The SI joint is a potential source of lower back and limb pain. SI joint problems can result in issues with surrounding ligaments and muscles.[SUP][15][/SUP]
  • Mechanical SIJ dysfunction usually causes a dull unilateral low back pain.[SUP][16][/SUP]
  • The pain is often a mild to moderate ache around the dimple or posterior superior iliac spine (PSIS) region.[SUP][17][/SUP]
  • The pain may become worse and sharp while doing activities such as standing up from a seated position or lifting the knee towards the chest during stair climbing.
  • Pain is typically on one side or the other (unilateral PSIS pain), but the pain can occasionally be bilateral.
  • When the pain of SIJ dysfunction is severe (which is infrequent), there can be referred pain into the hip, groin, and occasionally down the leg, but rarely does the pain radiate below the knee.
  • Pain can be referred from the SIJ down into the buttock or back of the thigh, but rarely to the foot.
  • Low back pain and stiffness, often unilateral, that often increases with prolonged sitting or prolonged walking.
  • Pain may occur during sexual intercourse; however, this is not specific to just sacroiliac joint problems.

Last edited:
Sat down last night and made a list of how I want to go about testing the belt and what situations I want to put it through and came up with the following:

-Wearing the belt at night
-Through a full round of golf
-Through a full day of work
-Before and After a chiropractic adjustment (To determine if the belt helps amplify the quality of the adjustment)
-Wearing the belt for 10 days straight

I think this will give me a good idea of what type of results will be seen from the belt and give a good indicator of what you can and cannot expect. I've been wearing the belt when I get home at night for a few hours (usually when my back is bothering me the most), and I have noticed a difference and I will have a bit more on that after I update the thread Friday after a full round of golf with it.

Good stuff so far guys. Solid plan @dcbrad.

You guys are already doing an incredible job!

So no one has felt any discomfort wearing the belt under their shorts/pants? I find it a little itchy when I wear it under my shorts. I think I might be wearing it too tight, and then add the fact that I think I got a size too big, and that might be my issue. I am honestly never thought about wearing it to sleep, I am going to try that tonight.

So no one has felt any discomfort wearing the belt under their shorts/pants? I find it a little itchy when I wear it under my shorts. I think I might be wearing it too tight, and then add the fact that I think I got a size too big, and that might be my issue. I am honestly never thought about wearing it to sleep, I am going to try that tonight.

My thought is if the belt is designed to allow the muscles and ligaments of the SI joint to heal, then wouldn't a prolonged period of time wearing it (even at night) be the best way to do it? This is just me thinking out loud. There are tons of variables and it's cool to be able to compare people's results as the test continues.

I haven't had any itch problems but the belt never comes in contact with my skin. Even when I wear it under my pants it is still over my boxers (I know TMI but no other way to put it). I too may try wearing it when I sleep.

My thought is if the belt is designed to allow the muscles and ligaments of the SI joint to heal, then wouldn't a prolonged period of time wearing it (even at night) be the best way to do it? This is just me thinking out loud. There are tons of variables and it's cool to be able to compare people's results as the test continues.

I am a very restless sleeper, I toss and turn all night so I fear the belt will be uncomfortable or shift around during sleep, but I am willing to give it a try.

I haven't had any itch problems but the belt never comes in contact with my skin. Even when I wear it under my pants it is still over my boxers (I know TMI but no other way to put it). I too may try wearing it when I sleep.

I had a feeling that was the case, and not share too much TMI but as a female, I don't really have much material under my shorts, so it's in direct contact with my skin.

Back