2014 US Open Contest & Thread - Awesome Prizes

My entry is in....but.....after re-reading the op, my bonus money photo might not qualify.
I took a photo of me in Dick's, standing in front of the "Big Big Bertha Payday" display where all the drivers are.
Unfortunately you can't actually see the clubs. I am terrible at taking "selfies".

Took one (selfie) today at Golfsmith Sarasota/Bradenton.....and the club repair guy walks into the hitting bay and makes a stupid comment about my old 4-wood that he just regripped - I guess if I win the grand prize, I'll upgrade my golf equipment among other things.

Okay so I got a picture, and demoed the BB alpha.....I am not ready for the alpha. Of course, later I hit my X-hot at the range...I wasn't ready for that either.

oops i don't have a "selfie" since i did this the 1st weekend after it was announced, oh well

Picks are in, along with photo of the Alpha. I freaking love that driver.

Entry sent in. I suck at fantasy golf so I have no hopes of winning, but you can't win if you don't play. Thanks for another amazing contest, THP.

This is an amazing contest! Lets go Lefty!

Emailed my picks.

Just sent my picks great contest

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Gotta go try another Big Bertha! Not sure I'll get a chance before start of tournament though!

Yea I was watching the golf channel last night and they were talking about this hole and another one where they switch them from a par 4 to a par5 and par 5 to a par 4. Also sounds like there confused on what really is considered a bunker there. I guess there is all kinds of sand but there's sand off the fairway and in native grasses, so does that consider to be a bunker?? They said every group will have a official so they can just call them over and ask. (Also you get my email from last night)
On the switch of holes. They changed the pars of 4 and 5. 4 used to be a long par 4 for guests and 5 a par 5. In the Open hole 4 has been made into a par 5. Hole 5 which has a green that was meant to hold wedges (for the 3rd shot on a par 5) has been made into a very long Par 4. So seeing them go in with mid to long irons will be very interesting.

As for the waste areas and bunkers. They say they will be clearly marked, if there is no rake it's a waste area. But i'm sure they expect some uncertainty as a result of Dustin Johnson at the PGA a few years back, so it's good there will be a official with each group.

As a spectator, you really feel a little far away from the action compared to other tournaments that I usually attend. Guess Donald Ross didn't consider "Stadium Golf" in his course design. They (USGA) do have a ton of stands put up, more than I've seen at any tournament that I've been to. It is hot and dusty out there - pretty uncomfortable. I imagine that when 40,000 fans (or whatever the number), the place will be hot/dusty/miserable.

So I guess my point is, the best place to watch the event will be watching the big screen HDTV with the computers on with leaderboards, and alternative internet streaming coverage. I guess that can be said for any tournament anymore.

Having been to the two previous Opens, I can assure you, being there will far exceed watching it on TV. The USGA knows how to put these things on, and it will be a spectacular spectator event.

Sorry if these have been posted earlier. Thought it was interesting, especially Graeme McDowell clip (excuse the bad audio quality). Pretty recent interviews -

Wow...great prize...sure wish the closest retail store wasn't just over an HOUR away. I'd totally driver over to do that, but I don't think my wife would like that.

Entered my picks, now i have to go to my local store to get that pick...such an amazing contest THP!!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Just sent in my submission. Picked a long shot,but had a solid outing last major. Should be interesting to watch.

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

Picks are in! ITS A LOCK

Finally made it to test the Big Bertha. And, got four balls, a hat, and Phil's Check! Plus the $250K from THP! Not a bad day!!

Does you entry have to include the pic or can I submit an entry and email the pic before thursday?

Tried my first Bertha today. Along with my first X2Hot. Awesome feel and sound to them.

Picks and pic emailed.

Please don't disqualify hrs entry because of the background. I didn't even notice that until I was home emailing it.

Obviously I don't stage photo shoots for a living. Ha

I think I would drop some pretty big money to play this course, it looks amazing.

Watching several of the Crenshaw and Coore interviews about their restoration of Pinehurst #2 makes me respect a lot more what they've done. Walking it yesterday, I was wondering what the hell???!! -----but now I know what they tried to accomplish. What a dramatic change from last US Opens held there.......

[video=youtube_share;tcjVoA-IW1o]http://youtu.be/tcjVoA-IW1o[/video]

Entry has been emailed in, excited for this tourney to get underway.

Went with 3 Callaway staffers.

Sorry about the youtube blasts....GC might be talking about the course restoration, but I haven't been watching GC lately. Here's a good video about the restoration - using aerials and old pictures from archives. This really should be an interesting week watching some off the wall shots from the variety of grasses, weeds, etc.

Entry in + the Bonus Money is IN!. Went with the Callaway staffers that will finish Tied for 1st and end up in a playoff!

Back