What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 today --- putts just were not doing it today.

finally it was warm -- 65* & the ball was carrying -- still no roll on the unmowed soggy fairways ---

I got an R9 at the very end of last year & have now played @ 54 holes with it -- I was looking for another 10 yards -- who isn't? -- for our #18 which is a driveable par 4 for some -- not me from the regular red tees --- it's 295 from there -- but -- from the winter tees & senior blue tees it's only 255 to reach - all over water -- today I hit a Nike Soft over it --- from the shorter tees --- I hit it instead of wasting a Pro V. hmmm - I wonder if the conditions are just perfect ..... nah ---

I think I'm going to like the R-9 since it looks like I got more than 10 yards out of it --

Last edited:
Played with BigLefty this afternoon at Torres Blancas. Awful wind and cold, but we got it in just before dark settled.

I shot 86 and I think Lefty was a few strokes better. Not a great day with the wind blowing the ball all over the place, but still fun.

I am stuck on 86! Did it again at Dell Urich. Really blah day on the course. I was hitting driver well, but not hitting greens. That coupled with a so-so day chipping and a poor putting day lead to 4 3 putts. And that is how you get an 86 without working too hard.

Played an executive course today, same one we had the outing at and had a great deal of fun. Today was my first time out for about 4 weeks (bad weather on weekends and such) and first time since I re-organized my bag (irons and wedges). The greens were recently punched and it seemed there was as much sand on them as in the traps so my putting was a bit off but I pretty much played bogey golf for the round, with a couple of blow ups holes and a couple of pars. The one thing I am very excited about is all day I felt at peace with the clubs in my bag and the club choices I was making for each shot. This has not always been the case in the past and now I am hopeful/confident once I dial in the distances for the new additions/replacements to the bag, my scores will take the long awaited drop to a happier place. :alien2::banana:

Played an executive course today, same one we had the outing at and had a great deal of fun. Today was my first time out for about 4 weeks (bad weather on weekends and such) and first time since I re-organized my bag (irons and wedges). The greens were recently punched and it seemed there was as much sand on them as in the traps so my putting was a bit off but I pretty much played bogey golf for the round, with a couple of blow ups holes and a couple of pars. The one thing I am very excited about is all day I felt at peace with the clubs in my bag and the club choices I was making for each shot. This has not always been the case in the past and now I am hopeful/confident once I dial in the distances for the new additions/replacements to the bag, my scores will take the long awaited drop to a happier place. :alien2::banana:

Was the course as busy as the last time we were there?

Keep us updated on the transition to the new set, WR.

Mar 13 (Breezy to windy 50 - 64 degree day) White tees 6500 yards Lake/Island View

Hole 1 par 4 SAM 4
Hole 2 par 4 SAM 4
Hole 3 par 5 SAM 5
Hole 4 par 3 SAM 3
Hole 5 par 4 SAM 4
Hole 6 par 3 SAM 3
Hole 7 par 5 SAM 6
Hole 8 par 4 SAM 4
Hole 9 par 4 SAM 4

Hole 1 par 4 SAM 5
Hole 2 par 4 SAM 4
Hole 3 par 4 SAM 4
Hole 4 par 4 SAM 6
Hole 5 par 4 SAM 5
Hole 6 par 3 SAM 2
Hole 7 par 5 SAM 5
Hole 8 par 3 SAM 4
Hole 9 par 5 SAM 5

Gross scores : SAM 37/40-77(+5)

A cool start, but my first round of the year in short sleeves (tho w/ wind vest), and also my first round of the THP Penta trial 2 (see that thread in Balls and Accessories). It had rained close to 3 inches over the previous 3 days, and poured the night before, so the track was really on the verge of unplayably sloppy.

I started well and parred my first 7 holes (shotgun start at 9 Island). The bogey at #7 resulted from a failure to account for the grain against me chipping up and a pulled 7 foot par attempt. In order to not get too repetitious, I will just say EVERY bogey or more was the result of a not too badly missed green followed by an indifferent pitch and putt. The birdie on #6, the island hole at 162 yds, was really sweet. I hit a 7 iron on into a gale, leaving 30-35 feet for a birdie putt that rolled up to the front door and perhaps caught a wind gust to fall in. Not a terrible round on a tough day to score, and once again a profitable one.

shot a 93 today, had some really nice shots and some not so nice shots! :golf3:

Weird round today. Windy again, I think I am getting used to it. I hit everything great on the range but couldn't find a fairway on the front nine. That and mediocre putting lead to a 46. Totally different back... good drives, better approaches and decent putting..39.

Haven GC. Had to ride. Partner is 76 yrs old and unable to walk it anymore.

Haven GC. Had to ride. Partner is 76 yrs old and unable to walk it anymore.

That explain the play. I was hoping for a call about today.Wasn't sure your club would allow a non member

Played 9 today. First 6 holes: bogey, bogey, par, par, bogey, bogey. Was on pace for my best 9 so far, but holes 7 and 8 yielded a triple and quad-bogey! Damn blow up holes. :angry:

Shot an ugly 99...thank god my flat stick was working because nothing else was.

I shot a 94 today with 41 putts, ouch. I hit 6 greens and 3 putted half of them. Great weather today.

That explain the play. I was hoping for a call about today.Wasn't sure your club would allow a non member

Sorry. I didn't realize you were off Sunday. I got the days mixed up. I am not accustomed to you being available on the weekend. The club will take a non member. Just let me know any Saturday morning you can play. I have to notify them of an extra player.

Got a call from a customer at 2:30 this afternoon and he wanted to go play. I snuck away from the office and met him. We didn't think we would get in 18, but we walked off 18 green just as the siren sounded ending play for the day.

I had a great round. The wind was just screaming, sustained around 25 with gust over 30. We played a course that is wide open with no protection from the wind. I got my mind right about not overswinging and clubbing up. It worked.

I shot 79. 38 on the front and 41 on the back. I didn't have a single penalty stroke and made 2 birdies on the back. I also made a couple of doubles on the back. Front was 6 pars and 3 bogies. This was an accomplishment considering the conditions. The mistakes I made were misjudging the crossing winds affect on the ball flight on a few holes. My ballstriking for a chance was really good and I was driving it in the fairways.

I knew it was going to be a good day when I was left with 220 to the front of the first green dead into the teeth of the wind and hit a 3I stinger that left me with 25 ft for a chance at birdie. I two putted, but it was a great start.

sounds like a solid round c-tech, especially with the conditions.

82 - the flat stick saved me from far worse -- just one of those days that I could not feel the club position -- but it was sunny -- warm finally & I was not working.

I played with a college kid that shot 1 under - but I play with quite a bit & that is about the normal for him --

We played a few days ago & I was hitting a tight draw & keeping pretty close to him -- today -- not so much.

Sure does make me wish I was younger though --

But, I hit 11 GIR's...the most I have ever hit in a round. :bananadance: Problem is, the course top dressed this week, so, 3-putts galore. :banghead:

I did get to walk 18 for 9.00 though, so that's cool!

I got in a quick 9 today before the basketball started. First I've played in a good 3 months. I was 11 over for a 47. I need to get back to playing regularly. All things considered I did well. Putter needs some work as does the driver, nothing a few trips to the range/practice green can't cure!

84 = 12 over

an outright hackfest...
my game has done a complete twist... my long game is great and my short game is in the toilet... pitching and chipping were my strongest... now its the weakest :sad:

Yesterday was my first time out since Thanksgiving and rough as it was, I loved it! My long game was horrid, but then again so was the pain in my legs, (blood clots over the winter). I hit everything left all day trying to use nothing but upperbody and arm's.

On a positive side I was spot on with my short game. From 30 yards out I hit several high spinning 56* wedges within two or three feet. Putting was nothing exceptional, but neither were the greens. It was a great day to be out with a buddy and play golf.

Shot a 47 for 9 holes and still took $5, lol. I guess my buddy struggled even worst. I just need to get back into golf shape quicker than my buddies to help pay for the new clubs, hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back