Reality has set in......my REAL golf game

yahtzee

Novice
Reaction score
My buddy put it best to me today....."you putt like a scratch golfer but your driver and irons are like a 15 hcp"....makes sense since I am a 7.5 at my course. Now, the reality part is this...I have always been drawn to the best looking combos out there...the white SLDR and stiff AD-DI and the SLDR S fairway with AD DI....went to GS and GG today and both of them said these two clubs were too stout for my swing. Yes, I need some swing help but having the right equipment seems like a no brainer as well. I am also drawn to TM....my swing speed today was around 92mph with a driver. He put me in a JetSpeed with reg flex and it was longer than anything else I hit, including my own setup. Is it hard for others to bite the bullet and realize you ain't as good as you thought? :act-up:

What ever works for you

Ego is doing more to ruin the sport then 15" cups I tell you what.

I realized I was not as good as I thought the first time I played in a real tournament (Golf Channel Tour)

Then I discovered THP and I became....well...kinda famous...at least in 441's head.:D

I'm all for playing equipment that makes you happy but I just don't see why one would try to make the game harder haha i need help and will play equipment that does so

Lol, I am the complete opposite. I have the ultimate high handicap set up and am still looking for more forgiveness.

I realized I was not as good as I thought the first time I played in a real tournament (Golf Channel Tour)

Then I discovered THP and I became....well...kinda famous...at least in 441's head.:D

#OutingApproved

Hahaha too funny and kinda true

It has always been more the Indian than the Arrow.........

Why not sldr white in 12* and regular? I too had success with jesters but spun too much on certain bad swings....so the more lofted sldr allows for bad swings without over spinning. ....I to swing 90-95mph

Why not sldr white in 12* and regular? I too had success with jesters but spun too much on certain bad swings....so the more lofted sldr allows for bad swings without over spinning. ....I to swing 90-95mph

Guess that's a possibility but I really dont think the SLDR is as forgiving as I thought it was. Yes, you have to put a good swing on it but misses off center are not even close to similar in distance. Sounds weird but the best performing driver I've owned was the SFTP 1.0 with HD6. Appreciate the responses.

Guess that's a possibility but I really dont think the SLDR is as forgiving as I thought it was. Yes, you have to put a good swing on it but misses off center are not even close to similar in distance. Sounds weird but the best performing driver I've owned was the SFTP 1.0 with HD6. Appreciate the responses.

I just got a big bertha alpha and this thing is just unbelievable. Im only seeing 5-10 yard loss on off center hits. You should give it a try.

Capitalism: God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor!

The original superfast was awesome. .......jetspeed had its moments.....into the wind I gave too much. ....good luck with sftp.....happy with my 12* regular WHITE SLDR!

I am using last years X Hot 13.5* HT with a standard A flex shaft shortened to 44" and nothing I have tried has been better than it yet, so go figure. I even just changed the head to the 11.5* nothing else and the 13.5* set up was still longer.

I don't think anyone likes to face that, but it does help in the long run. It made the game a lot easier for me when I gave up always trying to hit my clubs as far as I know I can, and focused more on hitting them straight and quit eating penalty strokes. Now I just need to get a short game. lol

My buddy put it best to me today....."you putt like a scratch golfer but your driver and irons are like a 15 hcp"....makes sense since I am a 7.5 at my course. Now, the reality part is this...I have always been drawn to the best looking combos out there...the white SLDR and stiff AD-DI and the SLDR S fairway with AD DI....went to GS and GG today and both of them said these two clubs were too stout for my swing. Yes, I need some swing help but having the right equipment seems like a no brainer as well. I am also drawn to TM....my swing speed today was around 92mph with a driver. He put me in a JetSpeed with reg flex and it was longer than anything else I hit, including my own setup. Is it hard for others to bite the bullet and realize you ain't as good as you thought? :act-up:

I was in the exact same boat as you! I had to play stiff because I thought I swung too hard for regular.

I got professionally fitted and found out that regular was the best fit. My scores have improved tremendously.

Pretty interesting findings today....went to my local GG and worked with a guy for almost 3 hours. Trusted guy...great player, knowledgeable....only issue is couldnt see ball flight outdoors...Still have great simulator and it's acceptable to compare range of clubs on same sim....Brought my stiff C-Taper Lite 7-iron in the TM CB in to compare....carried it about 139-143....Immediately grabbed speedblade and SLDR 7 iron in reg flex.....9 degs higher launch and carry of 160-165....crazy....spent 2 of the hours testing different irons and focusing on solid impact. My CBs were ordered 2 degs upright....last step was testing lie and length....turns out I am 2 degs flat. Crazy. Went to SLDR S bonded 12 deg with reg flex...pretty good...I am stil lnot convinced that the SLDR is for me....did like the reg flex SLDR S fairway, though....totally different results today.. So frustrating but today's results feel more like where I should be.

My first round with W-SLDR I hit 12/12 fwys and not all solid. ....no warmup ....just trying to be rain......what about sldr bothers you? Coup questions......you hit sldr irons in stock c taper 90? Was the top line differential very noticeable?

My buddy put it best to me today....."you putt like a scratch golfer but your driver and irons are like a 15 hcp"

LOL, I can relate! Last week my coach told me "you have a $1,000,000 golf swing, but you're doing it with a $2 brain." Now THAT got my attention!

My first round with W-SLDR I hit 12/12 fwys and not all solid. ....no warmup ....just trying to be rain......what about sldr bothers you? Coup questions......you hit sldr irons in stock c taper 90? Was the top line differential very noticeable?

I feel like I hit my SFTP 1.0 better than the SLDR driver but the mental bleed over from a a tough go at it with new irons hasn't helped.

I looked at the SLDR irons but can't stand polished chrome in an iron and also just want to get back to enjoying my game. I've been a basket case standing over my irons, especially after getting the C Tapers and CB's. Reality is I'm not getting any younger and my swing speed isn't getting faster. I've also come to realize that a full blown swing change isn't in the cards either. Tweaks? Yes. 180° change? No.

Ive be been seeking more power and consistency yet have hindered that with stiff, heavy shafts on a head that's not really game improvement. We shall see what this move does for my game.

Nope, I know I stink at golf. Have no problem with it. I love the game, and love the time with my son. My youngest is taking up the game now as well, and I love the time with my friends. I will never go pro so I don't care if my handicap is 30 or +3. That's not what it's about for me.

I feel like I hit my SFTP 1.0 better than the SLDR driver but the mental bleed over from a a tough go at it with new irons hasn't helped.

I looked at the SLDR irons but can't stand polished chrome in an iron and also just want to get back to enjoying my game. I've been a basket case standing over my irons, especially after getting the C Tapers and CB's. Reality is I'm not getting any younger and my swing speed isn't getting faster. I've also come to realize that a full blown swing change isn't in the cards either. Tweaks? Yes. 180° change? No.

Ive be been seeking more power and consistency yet have hindered that with stiff, heavy shafts on a head that's not really game improvement. We shall see what this move does for my game.

I completely understand. .......almost an AARP member myself. .....well best of luck in your search. .....the c taper 90. ....did it seem stable compared to the lites? That bright chrome is fine but the mc's look big enough for me I think.....I really should get fit professionally but being a southpaw prohibits to some extent that.

I completely understand. .......almost an AARP member myself. .....well best of luck in your search. .....the c taper 90. ....did it seem stable compared to the lites? That bright chrome is fine but the mc's look big enough for me I think.....I really should get fit professionally but being a southpaw prohibits to some extent that.

43 today but feel like AARP is around the corner. MC's do look great but how a club looks is what got me to this point. Like the look of the Speedblades and played the Burner 2.0's quite well. That KBS C Taper 90 was an option but my guy said "aren't we looking for higher ball flight here?" Think the 90 would be higher but I need more.

43 today but feel like AARP is around the corner. MC's do look great but how a club looks is what got me to this point. Like the look of the Speedblades and played the Burner 2.0's quite well. That KBS C Taper 90 was an option but my guy said "aren't we looking for higher ball flight here?" Think the 90 would be higher but I need more.

49 soon.......and I've been in regular for past couple years. But mc's are bigger than apex pro, s55, Ap2 or most player's irons .....with added help in the long irons with slots......REALLY tough to look and PLAY with a ton of offset and thick top lines......like burners.......don't really play overly long tees anymore or too much competitive golf , so the PLEASURE factor leads my list!

Back