FeedbacK Golf - THP Preview

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
In for review is a rather interesting entry into the mobile golf swing feedback market which is developed by a former NASA contractor called "FeedbacK Golf".

Rather than a swing device that attaches to the club, the FeedbacK Golf instead offers swing education through what they claim to be a voice controlled hands free golf swing training aid. Essentially, the FeedbacK Golf setup uses an iOS app (soon to Google Play) in coordination with a hands free "voice module" that attaches to the users belt via a clip and magnets in order to record the swing.

The kit also includes a fully manipulatable/bendable tripod for the users phone in order to set it up in the best positions to record YOUR actual swing. From there the app allows the golfer to do a myriad of things from self analysis through the app or online "Clubhouse" to sending information directly to instructors, a LOT of depth with what can be done with the video.

As soon as I have it up and running (likely after I return from the SeeMore event) I will take screen caps of the app and video to share with everyone, I'll also get more into detail about just what this one can and can't do. I will say though, it looks incredibly deep.

FeedbacK Golf on the FeedbacK Collect:
The Training Solution
The world’s first voice-controlled, hands-free golf swing training aid

FeedbacK Golf is a completely hands-free training solution that does not require hardware or sensors to be attached to your golf clubs or gloves. Without extra hardware, you have a more authentic golf learning experience.

The FeedbacK Golf: Collect Bundle comes with:

• a flexible tripod to hold the your mobile device at the perfect height to capture full range of motion
  • a bluetooth device worn on your belt and pairs with our mobile app to collect video on command, and
  • access to our mobile and online Clubhouses for swing review and annotations
The FeedbacK Golf: Collect Bundle makes video recording a golf swing readily accessible to anyone, anywhere by incorporating voice recognition technology with your mobile device.

FeedbacK is flexible!
The flex tripod allows easy positioning to video your golf swing. It fits most smartphones AND the flexible legs bend to attach to golf bags, bag stands on the range, an indoor “net,” etc.

• On-screen overlay ensures correct camera position
  • For best video position, use your mobile device’s front-facing camera
  • Place your device hip-high approximately 9-10 feet away

FeedbacK listens!
Use a simple voice command to start video capture. Bluetooth technology allows you to capture individual swings without the hassle of constantly pressing record on your mobile device. Get the most out of your practice and do it voice-controlled and hands-free.

• Compatible with all Bluetooth enabled devices
  • Echo cancellation technology
  • Voice-controlled, hands free operation
  • Compatible with all Bluetooth v2.1 enabled devices

FeedbacK is 24/7/365!
The mobile and online Clubhouses are always available. Analyze your swing frame by frame or try our user-friendly drawing tools to check swing plane, alignment and much, much more. Share your swings on social media or send them to your instructor for a quick mobile lesson on the go.

• Record voice notes about each video
  • Annotate each swing video with easy-to-use drawing tools
  • Compare two videos side-by-side
  • Replay in slow motion, frame-by-frame, or pause
  • Delete and favorite videos
  • Review, share and distribute videos
  • Share your video and comments to Facebook or Twitter

More Information on Setup and Capabilities:

Screenshot_2-L.jpg

Screenshot_1-L.jpg

Screenshot_3-L.jpg

Package Contents:

DSC_0398-L.jpg

DSC_0386-L.jpg

DSC_0389-L.jpg

DSC_0390-L.jpg

DSC_0391-L.jpg

DSC_0387-L.jpg

DSC_0388-L.jpg

• Staff
I'll say this, I have reviewed a LOT of swing devices, and when I found out this was coming I thought "oh, its just video", but looking at it and tinkering on their website, its a full swing analysis setup based on the video you take with it. You or I could cut up our own videos, we could get Panda in on it by sharing, or we could just shoot it to our pro or another pro.

Its deep. WAY more than I ever anticipated it being.

This is very intriguing, I really want to hear more about it. Seems like it could be great

Very interesting indeed.

Love the included tripod.

Curious how a "shaft based" analyzer versus a "belt based" device actually works.

If it does what it claims it will be a very valuable product.

Very interesting.

• Staff
This one is video only Cookie, the belt module is just to be able to record the video via the phone without having to go back and forth time and again. It doesn't record any info like angles etc, just the video for you or your pro to break down further on their website

Gotcha, thanks for that - I was overthinking it.

Looking forward to hearing more.

Great idea! I can't wait to hear more!!! I can't stand going back and forth to my phone to record video!

Don't know how I missed this yesterday but this seems really cool. I will certainly be looking forward to hearing more about this and how well it works.

Got this one out for a bit yesterday finally, sadly I didn't take any screen caps and will try to either go back and grab some today or get them in my range session tomorrow.

Its really simple to use actually which I was a bit worried about, but its straight forward as for making sure you are in the proper position for the camera. The belt clip had no problems communicating with the phone and I didn't have any hiccups at all in that are which was really nice to see as usually there can be a learning curve with these things. I actually had the tripod/phone attached to the club rack on the range and it worked perfectly.

I haven't done any of the editing or using the tools online yet, that'll be tomorrow when I get some better video but I have re-watched on my phone and it is what its intended to be, immediate video feedback on the swing. Pretty nifty for sure.

More soon, I promise.

hey James - how well is it at picking up your voice for things?

hey James - how well is it at picking up your voice for things?

Yesterday was surprisingly ok, even with the wind back into me at the range, its something I was worried about with it being on the belt clip.

Glad to hear about the ease of use, me and electronics dont always do so well together. Setup looks easy enough, looking forward to your screen pics

Yesterday was surprisingly ok, even with the wind back into me at the range, its something I was worried about with it being on the belt clip.

good to know. I mean the voice control stuff sounds good, but functionality wise I was a little worried when reading about it.

Glad to hear about the ease of use, me and electronics dont always do so well together. Setup looks easy enough, looking forward to your screen pics

Yeah, its more streamlined than it looks reading the instructions. Literally set the tripod up, open the app, tap capture, take position, say "READY", swing, wait for two beeps.

good to know. I mean the voice control stuff sounds good, but functionality wise I was a little worried when reading about it.

As was I, it has the "cool" factor with the voice control, but Siri has shown us how accurate that can be at times hahahaha

This looks pretty cool. I really like to record my swing, so this is interesting. Can't wait for more feedback.

Yeah, its more streamlined than it looks reading the instructions. Literally set the tripod up, open the app, tap capture, take position, say "READY", swing, wait for two beeps.

As was I, it has the "cool" factor with the voice control, but Siri has shown us how accurate that can be at times hahahaha
Nice and simple...I like it...I got enough to think and worry about when taking swings...glad they make it easy and Convenient

Nice and simple...I like it...I got enough to think and worry about when taking swings...glad they make it easy and Convenient

You and me both dude.

Such a easy setup for a cool product

This sounds like one of the better devices out on the market.

Certainly an interesting concept. I'm the skeptical type though, so I'll wait for the full review.

~Rock

J I am intrigued to see when you get this thing in use. You have my attention. The ability to edit ourselves really seems like it could be very cool

Easy of set up and minimal electronic use knowledge is key. I like the tripod being included. Instant feedback from the sound of it.

FIIIIIINALLY got to get a LOT of time with this one on the range, and I'll be putting up a LOT of screen caps here in just a bit (no judging!) showing what you can do in just the app alone, its honestly a heck of a teaching tool and with the amount you can do on the phone I automatically thought about @Tadashi70

Anyways, setup is simple, use the tripod, open the app, go to capture, align the camera to the target area using the demarcation lines on the screen to ensure the swing fits in the frame (you can actually use the face OR the back camera, with this tripod the face camera is necessary), tap start at the bottom and then follow the audible instructions. Its as simple as saying "READY" when you are good to go, if the belt clip mic picks up the ready, then the phone will beep solid once indicating you are recording, from there you have as long as you have set in the app (I use 5 sec) and at the end you hear two quick beeps. You can go to the phone, go to your locker and look at the swing from there, or you can keep on recording simply by saying ready before each swing.

Windy days might be an issue sometimes with the belt clip location of the box, also if you are on a crowded range you may be a bit shy to say READY! aloud and have the phone making noises. But if you've got some room and some time, then its pretty damn cool.

You can upload all swings to the locker website and edit/mark them, or you can just edit/mark/view them ON the phone through the app. Full speed playback, 1/2 speed, and you can manually go frame by frame. You can also compare swings and mark them both up at the same time on the phone or the website. Additionally swings can be shared from the website to instructors etc.

Honestly, its WAY cooler than I though it would be. No, it doesn't auto mark path/etc. like the club attached swing devices, but it records YOU for full visual feedback and does so well. Quality using the face camera gets a little choppy when uploaded to the website locker, but the rear camerq is much better quality. It really is pretty neat and better yet, USEFUL.

Pics to follow

Back