THP West Coast Event - Coming?

Played the Grayhawk courses this past weekend in Scottsdale. Fantastic courses, in excellent condition. The staff was really friendly, and the club house was top notch. Has two full ranges (1 for each course).

If an event were held out west but instead California or Arizona would you still be interested and a plan on attending? The same goes for those in California if an event we're in the Pacific Northwest would it still be something you plan on attending?

I would make the trip to Oregon/Washington/AZ for a THP event from the Bay no problem. The only issue with the PNW is you kind of have a window for the time of year to go... The same can be said for a lot of the North East as well, but still should be noted.

a 3 hour drive for a thp event is not bad at all...I'd kill to have one that close this year.

I believe what he is saying, is that after flying to an airport getting in a car and driving another 3 hours is not ideal. I tend to agree personally

I believe what he is saying, is that after flying to an airport getting in a car and driving another 3 hours is not ideal. I tend to agree personally

oh yeah, my bad, I agree 100% then

If an event were held out west but instead California or Arizona would you still be interested and a plan on attending? The same goes for those in California if an event we're in the Pacific Northwest would it still be something you plan on attending?

Although something up in Oregon or Washington would require a lot more travel, I'd still be sure to make it. I'm sure we could get a Nor Cal carpool going.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I belive that is one thing that might make the PNW logistics a bit harder when compared to AZ/CA there are some great course up there

If an event was in the PNW i would sure try like crazy to get there heck Bandon is only 1 hr longer than SD

Answering the questions posed by JB:

I am not participating in The Gauntlet this year (nor did I last) because 99% of my rounds are beer-golf and not competitive-golf. I just feel I'm not serious enough and knowledgeable enough to represent THP in an event of that magnitude and in a team competition. But I followed along with last year's event and will do so again. I love the partnership with Callaway and it's just a solid and entertaining event, even from the sidelines.

I did go to the Vegas Bridgestone Championship last year and had a blast. I would be up for a west coast event this year anywhere out west. The ability to drive to the location would be a plus, but of course I'd fly too. I do have budget and family constraints, plus regular trips in late April and late October that won't/can't be changed. So I would hope to be able to satisfy those issues and be able to make a west coast event, no matter where or when it's held.

Let me pose a couple of questions to those on the west coast in this thread.

1. Do you plan on trying to sign up for #TheGrandaddy this year?
If not, why not?

2. If you were around and did not try to sign up for the Vegas event last year, if you dont mind sharing the reason?

Working on a couple of things and these answers will assist.

1. Yes I will be doing everything in my power to get in #TheGrandaddy.

2. I was around but vacation time and travel budget had already been spoken for.

Yes sir. As long as the resources work out.

As long as the funds are there, I would definitely do this outside of CA and San Diego area.

My intention with this post is not to upset or offend anyone but knowing the diverse community here I am sure someone is going to be rubbed the wrong way with what I say. To those I apologize in advance.

I frankly do not understand why all this focus is on the West Coast and attendance at events. It seems this same discussion has gone on in one form or another for the 5 years I have been part of this site. I do not recall other locations being "pre-screened" before an event went there. Was there a "Gulf Coast Event?" thread before Lake Charles was chosen? Are there that many active members from Louisana, Mississippi and Alabama they THP need not worry about that event filling up. Or even from nearby states where people would fly to get there, or fly cross country to attend cause Lake Charles is such a popular tourist spot with some many things to do? How about a thread polling all those members from the Ocean City area? All the THPers from West Virginia, Virginia, Maryland and such. We know the answer is no to both equations and the same goes for every other location THP has had an outing/event in the last few years.

When people would inquire back in the day about a West Coast event ( then it was the yearly outing) the answer given was it would be too difficult to arrange all the merchandise and materials needed to have such an event travel too far from the home base in Florida so every years all the members from THP ( including a few of us West Coasters) travelled to the Sunshine state to hang out with friends, make some memories, and play a little golf as well ( mostly the friends part cause that was the most fun) . Today the invitationals have turned into one day turn arounds and the days of big demo days with all the different clubs are long gone. Traveling to some places mentioned like LA, Vegas, San Diego, San Francisco, and most of Arizona can be easier to travel that other locations in the country mentioned in this post. THP should realize that, they have been here 4 times in the last 6 months (never called me for a round of golf but that is ok :alien: )

You talk about the Vegas invitational as if it were open to West Coasters only to signup then when it was not completely filled, the rest THP was allowed to sign up. That of course was not the case. It was one of the most desired events in the last few years, it was an awesome time and almost half of the participants were from the NorCal/SoCal area. If you add Arizona and other states in the Mountain or Western time zones that number goes up past 1/2 to maybe close to 3/4 proving us "left coasters" will attend quality events sponsored by this site and the great manufacturers who help to sponsor them. I guess what I am saying is if the powers that be want to have something west of the Rockies then I say just do it already, if it fails, it fails and hold it up and say all those "left coasters" were wrong and never again will THP go back.

I'll let jb comment but I can say with 100% certainly that vegas wasn't nearly half full of people from cali

I'll let jb comment but I can say with 100% certainly that vegas wasn't nearly half full of people from cali

People from Vegas didn't even join in.

Of the 40 in attendance I can guarantee you about 10 were from the West. There were more people from Texas I am willing to bet.

Of the 40 in attendance I can guarantee you about 10 were from the West. There were more people from Texas I am willing to bet.

A lot from Florida as well.

A lot from Florida as well.

I tried to go back and count but it wasnt as easy as I thought as I hadnt seen some of the people in quite some time and wasnt real sure where others were from.

gcruz86 - Nevada
Jugger18 - Missouri

RadRob - California
Sharkhat - Missouri

shanep - Missouri
fupresti - Arizona

Jman - Oklahoma
mcook77 - Texas

GregDan - Indiana
Canadan - Ohio

buckjob - Pennsylvania
Golf4Life - New Jersey

adwillingham - Tennessee
v.man - Georgia

SHIFTY - Canada
Michigan Slice - Michigan

d_in_la - California
Dance_Business - Tennessee

Mikedean441 - Ohio
War Eagle - Florida

White Rhino - California
TripleBogeyTim - Texas

afwcardinal - Texas
threeboysdad - Texas

J4U - Colorado
milehighgolfer - Colorado

tequila4kapp - Oregon
RoundersRob - California

Concept - Arizona
dleavitt39 - Illinois

One vote for not getting sidetracked from the big picture...

I'd like to see an event or two in this time zone. If participating in a thread is part of the process I'm more than happy to do it.

Agreed with tequila, for me personally having it in this time zone makes it more practical to get there, with my wife being out of work :/

To the above, Im not going to say much. I did not think it was too much to ask to find out if there was still a want before not only spending the money reserving an area, but adding a company and planning an event. Im a bit taken aback but then should just remember that most in the area, have no issue discussing it and sometimes, there is a bit more involved (par for the course). Perhaps its best if we just continue the way you have said it and just pick our own spots, rather than open up the communication about where to host events. Or better yet, never travel, and make it as easy as possible on us. Because frankly, we dont have to host any of them and dont need that stuff.

Unlike what was written, THP has ALWAYS asked for input on where to go. Gone on for 5 years? Did we have a thread like this before putting one out west just last year? Nope...Just did it. FOR EITHER EVENT!!!

How about this thread? Asking THPers where to put the 2013 events?

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...P-Invitational-Series-Where-Would-You-Like-It

Unlike what was written, we do pay close attention to the numbers, where people are from, where they post from, who travels to where and so on and so forth.
And frankly the little green alien about not calling to play golf with someone? Im working. I must have lost my invitation to go hang out with you while you are at work. I have played exactly two rounds (both for work) in my last 6 trips out there. Before throwing around misinformation about how we run this community and where we host events, lets remember one thing. THP has hosted two events out there in less than a year. One in NV and one in CA. Since that time, I believe we have hosted only a couple of more in our home state of FL.

Sometimes all I can do is shake my head and wonder why on earth I even bother...Instead of just sitting home and letting the community do it's thing, and realizing how much easier it would be. Then it hits me that most of the people here, love THP Events, and after buying two Tour Vans, and traveling around this country meeting the wonderful people, it just would not be the right thing. So instead, I pack up my life, and do so for 15 weeks a year now to go watch people play golf, and get to laugh and enjoy the days with them. I break up my family and leave my wife at home with a sick dog that I dont know if I will get to see when I return for it.

Eff this...Just typing this made me realize a few things. Thanks to those that have shared with the wonderful input. You have been gracious and incredibly helpful.

One vote for not getting sidetracked from the big picture...

I'd like to see an event or two in this time zone. If participating in a thread is part of the process I'm more than happy to do it.

2nd this. All I can say is, if there is an event over here I will definitely go (if at all possible). But I will also travel to other parts of the country, because THP events seem to be AWESOME and it gives me an excuse to go places that I would never travel to without THP providing the opportunity (IE PGA National in September!!!!!).

How'd I get left off your list, fupresti? I was signed up in the first 5 minutes! It's all good.
I just hope that a a little friction doesn't detract from what could potentially be an awesome event. My guess is that all or most of the west coasters that attended Vegas would be back and we have quite a few guys that have become dedicated members since then.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I have the other 10 if you're interested :)

Back