What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played 15 holes before rain and thunder came through

Played 18 with THP'ers, going out for meet and greet with SeeMore participants shortly!

What Cookie said

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I spent about a hour and a hall on my short game today, felt like I got a lot done.

Had golf tournament get rained out, watched the US open, did some club work, played 9 post rain.

Hit the range, shot some videos for my coach and one for a future Team Paradise video.

Got back on the range after a week of rain. Felt nice to be back swinging full again after a few back issues early in the week.

watched golf, have not been able to practice or play all week due to thunderstorms every afternoon :banghead:

I had a new grip put on my driver, just like last Friday.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk.

played 18 inbetween a monsoon. actually played pretty well. also been stalking a few headcover websites trying to find the perfect set.

Today I spent some time hanging out at Dick's because I didn't feel like going home right away after work :)

I talked to a PGA Professional there and he had some really good insight and advice for me. Pretty much going right along with what I've been wanting to do with my driver.

While there I tested out the Nike Covert driver (Original VRS and 2.0). The original was in reg flex and the 2.0 was in stiff. This was the first time in a while I had hit on a launch monitor that was accurately reflecting what I see on the course. With the reg flex my stats were crazy accurate. I hit 9 drives at 97 mph and 1 at 95 clubhead speed. I was hitting a nice fade with my shots in the 245-260 yard range. It was here that the PGA pro started talking to me and he got me to try out the stiff flex since he told me I was right on the line of reg/stiff flex based on the numbers he was seeing. My stiff flex stats were all over the place. My clubhead speed loss 3-4 mph and I was airing majority of my shots way right.

I showed him how I choke down on all my driver shots and he recommended I cut my current driver (reg flex) down no more than an inch. I smiled then since I've been planning to do that but haven't had the time. Overall I just had a good time at Dick's today. I wanted to test out more drivers but I had a feeling I should get home before my wife started blowing up my phone and before I spent money that I shouldn't.

Went to the range today and hit a medium bucket. I can get used to these irons

Hit some balls at Golf Galaxy, when the monitor show -9600 backspin I left knowing something was slightly wrong!

Played 9... Not well, either. 18 on tap tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walked 18 at st andrews.. in West Chicago

Picked up some epoxy, watched the US Open, and did some putting at Golfsmith with my daughter. Back to the course tomorrow.

Some THPing and reshafted my new W/S M3s.

THP'd a bit and picked up a bunch of Lamkin UTx grips for me and my dad with the BOGO promotion.

Watched the open some, THP, swing work on the net, and reshafted a set of irons

Slapped on a SuperStroke Slim 3.0 Lite on my FGP. Ready to give it some rolls.

Played 18 but also got a chance to go to the golf shop to try on some shoes...

Got measured as a 9.5 med with (I typically wear 10.5/11), couldn't get me feet into FJ aql 9.5, 10 were super tight, Nike LCII 10s were too small, Puma Fusion light 10s were good but tight across the toes, FJ contours felt great but a bit fugly. Bottom line - no closer to new shoes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back