What part of your game prevents you from shooting your best right now?

Every part at one time or another. One time I'll drive the ball good and have bad irons or putting then the next bad driver and good irons and good putting. I can do it all good. Just not in the same round. So I would say consistency.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

My driver off the tee....It's been ridiculously inconsistent. If I could hit more than 2 fairways a round, I'd be golden.... But I"m working on it.

Started off great with driver but now I have also become ridiculously inconsistent. Left, right, hook, fade, slice. I've become a pinball wizard

My propensity to hook with the driver and longer clubs is what makes me shoot high lately. I'm working on it diligently (just last night actually), but I'm not 100% there yet. When I manage to keep it straight, I play well and shoot at or below my cap. When I don't...watch out.

Well my problems start on the tee box ... and does not seem to end until I stick the flag back in the hole after putting ... then for some reason, I rinse repeat 17 more times ...

Honestly right now, it is trusting the new swing on the tee box, I all I see is where I do not want to be, I am tentative and hang on and hang back ... which results in a slice every time ...

What a great thread dude!!

It's distance control with the short irons right now, I'm going right over the flags and can't seem to get adjusted for some reason. If I could I'd be in the 60's because everything else is firing pretty solid.

I can't seem to get any of my game to come together this year. It has been a real struggle all year long.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

My tee shots are horrendous, although I'm working deligently toward fixing that. I generally have very little confidence in my driver. I usually tee off with an iron. When I do have great tee shots my scores are low or right around low 40's.

My last round was great. Tee shots started off shaky but once I started correcting those I didn't have more than a bogey for the last half of my round.

Definitely greenside bunkers. Last weekend I was on a par 5 great tee shot, laid up but ended up in the bunker on the approach. Took me 3 to get out and 1 putt for a 7....
However still managed to Shoot an 88...

Prior to this was definitely my driver game. Was unpredictable when I went after it. The Bertha has helped this alot.

Tap tap taparoo

Right now its approach shots/second shots. Pushing/shanking a lot of them. Weak slice off the tee with driver / 3W is also a problem, but I can remedy that by using 5W/4H, which are usually pretty decent for me. Can't seem to do anything about the pushes/shanks off the turf though.

Then we are in 2 different places. I have a pretty good idea of where the ball is going off of my irons, but with my long clubs, it's a guessing game.

Right but we still have a fear of a vital club - or in my case clubs

Tee game right now. I'm all over the place with my driver and 3W. Taking a weekend off from the course and plan on hitting the range to work it out. Might be posting in Freddie's section if I can't figure it out.

Depends on the day usally chipping or putting

Putting. Ball striking has never been better.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Right now for me, it is driver off the tee and putting. Last round it took me 9 holes to get my driver going in the right direction. As for putting, I have decreased the amount of 3 putts that I have, but get very frustrated when I miss a GIR, then chip to within 5-10 feet and miss the putt coming back.

I'm going to change mine to downhill lies, I had a few over the weekend and every time it left me with some uncomfortable ups and downs.

I need to consistently put the ball in the fairway, and out of the trees. Nothing is more frustrating to me than chipping out of the trees, and having to try and scramble for a bogey.

I'm going to change mine to downhill lies, I had a few over the weekend and every time it left me with some uncomfortable ups and downs.

I've gotten better with these this year, but still working on dialing in distance control. I've sent a few over some greens for sure.

Irons for sure. Need to eliminate the shanks that basically throw away a stroke.

Tee game for sure, followed by putting. Gotta keep the ball in front of me off the tee, will help me a lot.

I've been trying to narrow my stance and shorten my swing but I feel so tight and get so quick that I hit nothing pure. Think I'm just going to go back to the wide stance and long free flowing swing and get my game back.

40 yards and in.

For the most part it's my driver. Really frustrating because it was once a strength. I have been working hard with my instructor. It's getting better but nowhere close to where it should be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver and chipping are getting me in trouble. Iron play, bunkers, and putts are consistent and reliable. Frustrating, especially since I have spent a lot of time working on drives and chips. When those are on, I am a sub-80 golfer. When not... it gets ugly.

It's not a part of my game that is holding me back at the moment. It's my body. Some physical issues are preventing me from executing my practice routine, continuing my lessons, and causing mediocre play. I'm probably going to have to cut back my playing schedule to get back healthy. It's very frustrating.

Putting..........

Back