Southern Iowa Get Together Summer 2014

dang dude! Was hoping to see you. Hope all is well

golf_card_hole_3.jpg

today is the 3rd hole at the preserve. Usually a straight forward hole, but if the pin is in the back right, 3 putts are likely.

I dare you to tee off from the tips on this.

~Rock
No tips, but I'm thinking 6 or 7 depending on the wind.

Still waiting on my cards.... Seems to be taking a while.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Still waiting on my cards.... Seems to be taking a while.

The cards do take awhile.

Today is the preserve hole 4. A longish par 4. Finding the fairway is crucial to making par here. Anything left or right is likely to end up in the prairie grass. Most of the green breaks to the drain, and not towards the lake.

golf_card_hole_4.jpg

~Rock

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

The cards do take awhile.

Today is the preserve hole 4. A longish par 4. Finding the fairway is crucial to making par here. Anything left or right is likely to end up in the prairie grass. Most of the green breaks to the drain, and not towards the lake.

golf_card_hole_4.jpg

~Rock

I'm thinking less than driver off the tee!

I'm thinking less than driver off the tee!

If you're comfortable with your mid irons, its the smart play. Nothing protects the front of the green, so running the ball onto the green is an option.

~Rock

Driver for me for sure! It's long and uphill!

I'm not scared to hit out of the fescue. I will probably hit driver.

Hole 5, another par 5. Hit the fairway and you can reach in two. Tee shot is downhill, then all uphill from there. If you stray from the fairway, itll be a difficult shot due to very uneven lies. Green is two tiered and slopes back to front.

golf_card_hole_5.jpg

~Rock

Hole 5, another par 5. Hit the fairway and you can reach in two. Tee shot is downhill, then all uphill from there. If you stray from the fairway, itll be a difficult shot due to very uneven lies. Green is two tiered and slopes back to front.

golf_card_hole_5.jpg

~Rock

Downhill tee shot, yes please!

Downhill tee shot, yes please!

On reflection of the course, its the only downhill tee shot that isnt a par 3 (unless you count the 11th and you go for it rather than lay up off the tee, thats a fun hole well get to in a few days.)

~Rock

Make the rain stop! I cannot wait for this roadtrip to begin. Really can't wait for all the fun and to introduce Rambler and To a few thp folks I met last year. Really hoping for another THP ace..... And some good golf.

I am wondering how big Bulldog's battery will be this year...... And I have a smartphone so many more pictures this time around!

Make the rain stop!

Yes!!!! Im holded up in Mt. Vernon Mo. Down poor & thunderstorms. Trying to get back home.

I cant make promises about the corydon golf course and rain. But the preserve has never been walking only. It drains really well.

Today is hole 6. A mid range (for me) par 4. Bunkers guard the landing area left and right off the tee. Right bunker has a pretty steep lip, so dont go there. Left side of the green guarded by a good seath of bunkers. Back right pin is a sucker pin location, anywhere else should be an easy two putt.

Oh, and happy fathers day, and welcome back to iowa for me. Vegas is fun, but its nice to see grass again.

golf_card_hole_6.jpg

~Rock

I forgot to mention, theres a mini tour or local amateur tour playing Saturday late morning. there are only like, 6 people with it, so wont interfere with our play, but itll be interesting to see if we get tourney pin locations (sucker pins) and fast greens. Greens normally run 9.5-10, then 11 for amateur tourneys. They can crank it to 12 or 13 for tourneys like their pro-am, unless it never stops raining.

The bunkers are coarse sand, so dont expect fluffy bunkers.

~Rock

I cant make promises about the corydon golf course and rain. But the preserve has never been walking only. It drains really well.

Today is hole 6. A mid range (for me) par 4. Bunkers guard the landing area left and right off the tee. Right bunker has a pretty steep lip, so dont go there. Left side of the green guarded by a good seath of bunkers. Back right pin is a sucker pin location, anywhere else should be an easy two putt.

Oh, and happy fathers day, and welcome back to iowa for me. Vegas is fun, but its nice to see grass again.

golf_card_hole_6.jpg

~Rock
I like back to front slopes!

Really need a few late oddballs to get in on this event! :)

Really need a few late oddballs to get in on this event! :)

Who can we think of?

I cannot think of anyone I haven't already harrassed! But it's all good. Glad we have the number we do! Maybe a few stragglers will pop in.

I cannot think of anyone I haven't already harrassed! But it's all good. Glad we have the number we do! Maybe a few stragglers will pop in.

Agreed. The only ones I havent harassed are the Oklahoma and texas crew. On the plus side, were less than 2 weeks away.

~Rock

Just a monday morning bump. If you were thinking to yourself "I was going to come to this, but then I missed out on those discounted rates." Well think again. If I have calculated this all out correctly, we have 4 rounds of discounted rounds available AND space in the cabin. So hop on in everyone, were less than 2 weeks away from what is sure to be an awesome get together.

~Rock

Just a monday morning bump. If you were thinking to yourself "I was going to come to this, but then I missed out on those discounted rates." Well think again. If I have calculated this all out correctly, we have 4 rounds of discounted rounds available AND space in the cabin. So hop on in everyone, were less than 2 weeks away from what is sure to be an awesome get together.

~Rock
I'll have 3 punches left on my card!

BTW, who do I owe for the cabin?

I'll have 3 punches left on my card!

BTW, who do I owe for the cabin?

Me and Illinimick booked the cabins, so it's going to be one of us. When I have a final head count, and I'm still holding out for a couple of late stragglers, I will be calculating the balance everyone will have to pay. I think I'm treating the two cabins as one total cabin, which will help the cost/night on Illinimick's side, purely because his cabin has less beds in it, but both cabins are still attached to each other. We'll just collect a total sum, regardless of where people sleep, and then me and Illinimick will divvy up the pot appropriately.

Yes, Icey has 3 punches, sleuth has 1 punch (again, I'm going off memory that I've calculated this correctly).

~Rock

Man, after this weekend, I'm half tempted to ship my clubs & clothes up to you and ride the bike there

Back