2014 US Open Contest & Thread - Awesome Prizes

Another question for you guys... if you are Martin Kaymer would you rather have a huge lead going into the weekend with a ridiculously difficult course setup or an easy setup that provides lots of birdie chances? A safe comfy course for you means more guys with a chance to go low, but an extremely difficult setup means you have more chances to blow up bad and give up a chunk of your lead..

If I am in his shoes, and feeling pretty good about my game like he probably is, I think I want the hardest toughest course setup they could possibly make... yeah I may put more bogeys on my card, maybe a double or 2, but anybody who tries to get really aggressive to come after me may seriously cut their own throats more than once.

So which way would you want to see the course if you were him?

Another question for you guys... if you are Martin Kaymer would you rather have a huge lead going into the weekend with a ridiculously difficult course setup or an easy setup that provides lots of birdie chances? A safe comfy course for you means more guys with a chance to go low, but an extremely difficult setup means you have more chances to blow up bad and give up a chunk of your lead..

If I am in his shoes, and feeling pretty good about my game like he probably is, I think I want the hardest toughest course setup they could possibly make... yeah I may put more bogeys on my card, maybe a double or 2, but anybody who tries to get really aggressive to come after me may seriously cut their own throats more than once.

So which way would you want to see the course if you were him?

Truthfully, just give me the huge lead and I'll play the same course as those other guys.

Ken Duke's Fantastic Par

blog-duke-ball-518.gif

blog-ken-duke-deliberating-518.gif

blog-duke-shoe-518.gif

blog-duke-bunker-518.gif

I thought that was Curtis strange that said that.

Kuch looks like he may have a penalty coming his way

you are correct it was Curtis

Phil changing his putting grip in the middle of a round...not good.

I don't know if they do or don't. But I will say this. I don't think the USGA would "protect" the women in order to not toughen up the course for the weekend if they can.

I think they're number one priority will be to bring the scores back up, without regard as to how it might or might not effect next week.
The women's tourney will have no bearing on how they can set up the course for the men. I would expect tees all the way back tomorrow.
I've been a bit busy at work and lost track of this thread. I was thinking about watering the greens. I've heard before that courses walk a tight rope with the greens for these tourneys, that you can't keep them like this long term. Seems like they might want to not put water on them but would that harm the course for the ladies?

Third round will be interesting for Kaymer. Will he change his play with the big lead? Or, will he keep playing the same way? The former could spell trouble. But, I think he'll go wire to wire. I wish I had picked him. LOL

Wow, what an incredible shot by Phil.

Wow, what an incredible shot by Phil.
Was going to post this. one leg in the bunker, one out - to get that on the green from 209 out is really impressive.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The women's tourney will have no bearing on how they can set up the course for the men. I would expect tees all the way back tomorrow.
I think they will be careful with the greens, can't take them to the edge and risk losing them w/ the ladies next week

I think Ricky looked better yesterday in the Plus Fours.

I think Ricky looked better yesterday in the Plus Fours.
While I appreciate the hat finally fitting, the hat itself is ugly.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

just think if Sneds didn't blow up on those couple of holes after the turn yesterday......

Officially throwing my support to Brendon Todd. His coach is the same guy that I take lessons from up here in Boston. The coach is a pretty even-tempered guy, but I bet right now on the inside he's going crazy.

I think they will be careful with the greens, can't take them to the edge and risk losing them w/ the ladies next week

May not matter...it rained last night...I is supposed to maybe rain again tonight.

May not matter...it rained last night...I is supposed to maybe rain again tonight.
yeah i was thinking the same while typing

PGA tour radio has stopped just short of say Kaymer got lucky over the last two days. The guy has played solid golf.

PGA tour radio has stopped just short of say Kaymer got lucky over the last two days. The guy has played solid golf.
65-65 lucky...hahaha they crazy

Man Phil cannot putt today

Speaking of next week, we're going to get our fill of Pinehurst #2, aren't we? If I didn't hate long distance driving so much (10-12 hrs from Tampa), I'd head back up there to see the women play next week.

Lucky he didn't throw up a 63 today. He could have done that without much of a stretch.

The guy played great. I don't think it was that the course played easy. There are only about 20 players within 10 shots of him. It's kind of what I was saying earlier. Nobody else was shooting better than 67 let alone 65. Still not over, still the US Open, but you can't do anything but tip the cap to Kaymer for how he has played.

Back