2014 US Open Contest & Thread - Awesome Prizes

there is nothing that will penalize someone enough for a day like that at #2, OB is far away, no water, no rough... Kaymer will have to implode

Exactly. There have been very very few doubles or worst for a US Open. I don't know how Maggert made a 10.

Huge props to Kaymer for the way he is dismantling this U.S. Open golf course but I can't help but be disappointed that we may be in for no drama on the weekend. I know it's not Sunday yet but still...I just don't see Pinehurst playing to a level that could screw Kaymer over.

the potential is there - if Kaymer shoots a couple of 72's and one of the others (Sneds) gets hot like he did on rd 1 front nine, it could get dramatic.....

Love seeing Kaymer play like this, seems like a super good guy and he's really been playing well lately. Honestly, I'm not sure why I didn't pick him haha

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Sorry I haven't had much time to watch the Open so far, my 3 guys made the cut...barely lol
Kaymer is going nuts and playing steady eddie it seems.
Need Phil Mickelson, Henrik Stenson, Harris English to finish strong :nailbiting:

So is there a different format for majors in regards to the cut line? I thought top 70 and ties but only 67 made made the cut.

Last 10 groups for the third round are listed below, all times are Eastern. Good news is that there's a lot of time to get stuff done before the leaders tee off on Saturday.

1:46 PM Steve Stricker, Rickie Fowler
1:57 PM Hideki Matsuyama, Ian Poulter
2:08 PM Erik Compton, Francesco Molinari
2:19 PM Adam Scott, Jordan Spieth
2:30 PM Chris Kirk, Rory McIlroy
2:41 PM Matt Kuchar, Henrik Stenson
2:52 PM Keegan Bradley, Brendon De Jonge
3:03 PM Dustin Johnson, Brooks Koepka
3:14 PM Brandt Snedeker, Kevin Na
3:25 PM Brendon Todd, Martin Kaymer

So is there a different format for majors in regards to the cut line? I thought top 70 and ties but only 67 made made the cut.

Masters does top 50 & ties or anyone within 10 strokes, British & PGA top 70 & Ties, OPen top 60 & ties/anyone within 10 strokes ..so yes

Saturday Live Coverage....

LIVE BROADCAST (TV)
NBC12:00 PM EDT - 7:30 PM EDT

LIVE VIDEO (Web, iPhone, iPad, Android)
Holes 9 & 18 Noon until Conclusion of Play

Last 10 groups for the third round are listed below, all times are Eastern. Good news is that there's a lot of time to get stuff done before the leaders tee off on Saturday.

2-somes 11 minutes apart

Snedeker is going to go crazy playing with Na. Probably the fastest and the slowest on Tour.

Saturday Live Coverage....

LIVE BROADCAST (TV)
NBC12:00 PM EDT - 7:30 PM EDT

LIVE VIDEO (Web, iPhone, iPad, Android)
Holes 9 & 18 Noon until Conclusion of Play

I watched all 11 hours today. I'll watch all 7+ tomorrow and Sunday.

Can never get enough US Open. My favorite Major.

Snedeker is going to go crazy playing with Na. Probably the fastest and the slowest on Tour.

Probably

I like the Stricker/Fowler pairing. Possibly the two nicest guys on tour.

A wiley vet and young gun. Hopefully they feed off each other and put up a good number in case Kaymer lets anyone back into it.

Wasn't it Poulter who mouthed off about Hideki a few months ago? Will be interesting pairing, good thing Hideki doesn't speak much English lol.

for the fist time this year my whole fantasy made the cut

Wasn't it Poulter who mouthed off about Hideki a few months ago? Will be interesting pairing, good thing Hideki doesn't speak much English lol.

I am sure Poulter will talk enough for both of them

Surprised about the later start than usual by the leaders. Guess TV dictates. Hope there isn't any afternoon T-showers that normally hit when the humidity gets up there - but weatherbug.com says no rain at Pinehurst until Tuesday.

Last edited:
I watched all 11 hours today. I'll watch all 7+ tomorrow and Sunday.

Can never get enough US Open. My favorite Major.

I'm fortunate enough to watch a lot as well. Had to push myself out of the house a couple of times to get some things done but the DVR was working fulltime for replaying what I missed. Masters is my favorite, but US Open is next followed closely by the Open which is only a month or so away. This has been a great golf year for me - gone to the Tampa event, Arnies event, TPC up in JAX, a practice round in Pinehurst. I'm getting my fill of attending golf tournies this season.

Bubba Watson's sulking about the course. Anyone think he's not acting like a two-time major winner should act? Does he get a pass when another golfer (let's say Ian Poulter) who'd be critical of the golf course would get slammed by the media? I know Bobby Jones once walked off the course at Open (Brit) and eventually went on to win the Grand Slam later on. Is this Bubba emulating the great Bobby Jones by dissing the course? I don't know, but once again, Bubba comes across as a quirky golfer that isn't even close to my fav PGA pro.

It would probable be a lot better to just say that the course really doesn't set up for my game and we'll try again next year, good luck to my friends that made the cut I'll be rooting for you.

I'll never be on that stage so it's impossible to fell what he's feeling but some things should just be kept amongst friends.

Not gonna lie...rooting for a nice 76 from kaymer

Had I not picked Kaymer this week, I think I'm with you - kind of goes against that golfers creed though -
I meant for the us open contest more than fantasy golf

TPA- I tend to agree with you about Bubba and his sulking. But he's very prone to that.

I love his game and a lot of the cool things he did for his hometown after the Masters.

But like Troutbum said he should have taken a bit more diplomatic approach

Or even owned up to his decision to play safely off the tee. Saying it went against his natural style of play and in hindsight was probably not the right strategy.

Back