2014 US Open Contest & Thread - Awesome Prizes

What was bubba saying? I missed it

What was bubba saying? I missed it

He called the areas outside the fairway "full of weeds" and said the greens were unfriendly and not his style.

Last edited:
Bubba being bubba

Bubba being bubba

Exactly. And to be honest the comments aren't really inaccurate. It's just like a lot of people have said. He beat himself before the tournament ever started with a negative attitude.

I got this idea from a current Golf Pride contest going on. What's your favorite US Open memory? Mine would be the the image of Jack sitting on the fence rail on 18 at Pebble, his final US Open hole. Can you imagine what what going through his mind?

I got this idea from a current Golf Pride contest going on. What's your favorite US Open memory? Mine would be the the image of Jack sitting on the fence rail on 18 at Pebble, his final US Open hole. Can you imagine what what going through his mind?

That is definitely a good one.

So many to choose from. But I might have to say Tiger making the birdie putt on the 72nd hole at Torrey to force the playoff with Rocco.

Second would be Payne making the par putt on 18 at Pinehurst in 99. He was so classy on his comments the year before about Janzens win, I was pulling for him from the start.

My fave US OPEN memory is that year when Jacobsen and Roy McAvoy were tied thru 17 on Sunday.. if McAvoy would have just laid up on 18 instead of trying to carry that water he could have wedged it close and birdied to win...or even 2 putted for par and a playoff... but he put it in the water...then his ego got him and he kept trying to hit it on from way back there... after several failed attempts his caddie told him "This is the last ball in the bag, get it wet and we're disqualified"...such a rollercoaster of emotions up to that point and then he goes and holes out his 3 wood from 250 out to card a 12 on the final hole.....the place went nuts....people diving in the pond to try to get one of his balls....it was anarchy.

Very few people remember who won that open, but everybody remembers Roys 12.

Course appears to be playing a lot tougher today. 19 players out so far and only one below par for the round.

All others +1 or higher :)

Could be a fun afternoon.

Last edited:
...and #2 starts to show it's teeth. If scores in the afternoon following this mornings we could have a interesting US Open.

I like drama as much as the next guy, but i feel like we should be rooting for Kaymer. If this was Woods way out in front the whole country would be tuning in and going crazy.
I know if it was McIlroy I'd be going nuts.

What is it we don't like about Kaymer?

I like drama as much as the next guy, but i feel like we should be rooting for Kaymer. If this was Woods way out in front the whole country would be tuning in and going crazy.

He's not Phil? That's about all I can come up with. No hype around him this week, even the Player's win got a "Oh, good for him" sort of response from those I've spoken with.

Yeah for sure. He definitely does not have many supporters or even fans it seems like.

Us golf fans are such a weird bunch. You'd think we would just be fans of great golf but there's obviously more to it than that.

I like Kaymer. Was talking to a guy yesterday who has met him and said he was one of the nicest, down to earth guys he's ever met. Really just finished painting a picture that I already had drawn up of the guy.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

He's got great game, and has worked pretty hard over the last year to build on it, I hope he goes wire to wire.

I'm rooting for Kaymer. Dude fell hard from where he was in 2010/2011 to May. Anyone who looks like they could run away with a US Open is also a great story.

Never thought I'd miss ESPN so much you know, due to their idolizing glorification of soft superstars that flop and cry (I won't say his name because some people get touchy around here but it rhymes with JeBron Lames) but I guess Johnny Miller will do that to you. I've never heard a guy directly call out so many players for hitting bad shots. Most of these players have more talent in their pinky fingers than Miller did.

Nice +18 round from Taniguchi

Only 3 guys under par for the round so far according to ESPN and most those still early in their round

Is it just me or is the "coverage" today on NBC, lacking, well actual coverage of the golfers?

Kenny Perry! I guess those tight lies ARE easy to hit...

Is it just me or is the "coverage" today on NBC, lacking, well actual coverage of the golfers?

totally agree, commercials commercials, and maybe more weird stuff thrown in lol.

Rickie 2 under

Back