What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
j40 acutally... swing was out of sorts today. felt like I was fighting it
Oh well I tried.

hang in there we all have off days, gotta bounce back

Weird day today, cloudy, to rainy to sunny and muggy. I could not get into the round at all. Just one of those rare rounds that I couldn't wait to finish.

67 today with a eagle and 3 birdies. No bogies on the day.

Played the Traditions Course at Cypresswood Golf Club in Spring, Tx
Shot 74
37 Front with 1 bogey - 1 double - 2 birdies - 5 pars
37 Back with 3 bogies- 2 birdies -4 pars
I was 1 under coming into the ninth green and we couldn't find my ball so I had to play it as a lost ball and go back to where I hit my approach from and replay the shot, and it cost me. I the was a little rattled and started off the back 9 by bogeying #10, but I tried to right the ship and forget about what happened, and play one shot at a time. It was a decent round all things considered and the company was great! Had a couple of Nassau Matches on the line and ended up even in both matches so I take that as a positive too. Won a couple of bucks playing in our Modified Stapleford game though, We play it like this myself and the other "A" player get 1 point for par, 2 points for Birdie, 4 points for eagle, and the other players get 1 point for bogey(only on par 4's or 5's, not on par 3's) or par, 2 points for birdie, 4 points for eagle, and no strokes are given to anyone. Its a fun game and lets everyone have a chance.

b2e86805def5087d1f32d6a884f41cce_f12.jpg
9400f07e6d97eb6d676b372fd98777c0_f13.jpg

Tradition-Scorecard-Only08-.jpg

50/50 for 100

2014-06-14%20card.png

Best tee day for many weeks (thank goodness!), 3h was best ever but green judgement was horrible, just couldn't get to grips with at all. Would misjudge the run on a chip, leave it 20ft short, then misjudge the run on a putt and hit it 8 feet past!!

But best start ever which is encouraging, and managed to get the ball in the hole ok on the way in so ok with that too (first 6 holes at 1 under hcap, last 7 at 1 over hcap with a couple of shockers at 7 & 11).

Today I shot 41/43 for an 84 on a par 70. I played really well besides 2 holes. I made 2 snowmen but I also made my first eagle ever, as well as two other birdies. +8 on two holes, +6 on the rest...

Heres my card from yesterday.

Screenshot2014-06-14at105414AM_zpsf91fbdc5.png

I keep feeling like I am striking the ball well and the scores don't really reflect it. I need to limit the doubles and grind out some more pars. My scoring average is down about 3-4 strokes right now compared to last season but I feel like I could be lower. Was beautiful out and played a course I haven't played before. Enjoyed it even though I could of gone lower!

49 / 44 for a 93.

Need to tighten up my chipping and putting if my iron play is going to be so poor, lol.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

45/46-91 at Jay and Lionel Hebert Munic Course.

PoW!!!

Yesterday's league round was a no good 49. Hitting one fairway, one green, and 5 penalties (1 water ball and 4 in grass clippings).

Went out this morning and things went better 36 putts but easily could have been around 32 maybe even lower (a few lip outs, and burned a couple edges, but after my lesson it was nice day with the flatstick)

My card: 48/45 for a 93
3evaha5u.jpg

ra3yvy4e.jpg

Disappointing 86 but it's rainy and 55 lol can't be too mad

Tried something new today. I only had 2 hours on the course so I played 9 holes with two balls. Shot 42 & 43 from the tips which was 3,546 yds (CC of Miami West). That was a first too and I found it challenging hitting long irons & hybrids into greens. Short game was solid and driver needs more work as I had that two way miss going again. Looking forward to a round with the kids on Father's day.

89. Broke 90 for the third time ever.

IDWPMsD.jpg

I played 85 from the back tee, with 11.5 stimp greens, pin positions were left from today's Finnish Tour final round, they were hard.

44/45 for 89 at my home course.

Not a bad round but could have been better. Had a couple ugly three putts and am still trying to get the yardages dialed in for the new clubs.

AP2 irons are phenomenal. SLDR driver is also excellent, but very finicky. Still trying to get used to swinging a 460cc head.

53/48 for garbage 101 at Green Knoll golf course from the blues. The course doesn't a particularly high rating or slope but I played like crap except for putting although I did have some that I want back. Pitching on the front was bad and irons on the back were bad. I am super sore and fatigued from the gym and I just wasn't sharp.

Even par in a 2 man scramble event on a tough course. Was a fun day!

41 and 39 at Fostoria CC yesterday. Wet and raining for the first few holes but turned out to be a nice day. Temps made it to the low 70s

Another weekend, another green fee, another 5 hours of bumbling my way around the course.

43/43 86

88 today and really just had a blast playing. My last time out I was so concerned/worried about my score for each hole that I didn't even have fun playing. I totally changed my mentality and actually got a little practice in this week and it really does pay off. The game really is 90% mental maybe even more.

Did I leave some shots out there, of course. For the first time in my golf life I have been hitting over greens, now while this is frustrating it has lead to change in my approach to different shots. 147 to the middle of the green where the pin was and I took 8 iron nope too much and went over the green again frustrating but I can learn so much from this shot going forward. 102 to a back pin, quite a bit of uphill to account for take 52* and yup you guessed it over the green again.

I also feel that I am really starting to figure out my irons that I got late last season. Which has been a long work in progress but I am really feeling comfortable with these clubs in my hands.

This game is so much fun especially when you play within in yourself and set goals that are reasonable then when you achieve them it really does feel great. On too the next goal.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back