NHL 2013-2014 Season

A well deserved cup for LA

Congrats to the Kings. Its fitting that the last game of the season was probably the best game of the entire year.

Such a great series. Still upset I couldn't make it to the game.

Tap Tap Taparoo

Happy to see guys like Regher and Gaborik get their hands on the cup.

I feel like Hawks vs Kings was the real finals. Wish NY would have made it a real series.. although this last game was good. But the real question is if anyone in LA even cares about hockey yet..... Here's to a good 2014 season.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

I feel like Hawks vs Kings was the real finals. Wish NY would have made it a real series.. although this last game was good. But the real question is if anyone in LA even cares about hockey yet..... Here's to a good 2014 season.

There are a lot of fair weather sports fans in CA. I went to empty Ducks games for countless seasons until they won the Stanley Cup. The Kings actually have a somewhat loyal following though.

The answer is no. I was listening to sports radio after game 7 of the conference finals and more people watched the game in Buffalo than they did in LA.

The answer is no. I was listening to sports radio after game 7 of the conference finals and more people watched the game in Buffalo than they did in LA.

Yeah I've got a friend out there that said hockey following is just so weak...extremely band wagon fan base.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk[/

i am am going to start with I am huge Rangers fan and fairly disappointed with how the series turned out. You are obliviously a casual hockey fan. Have you heard of the Gretzky effect? You probably haven't but because of the Gretzky being traded to La hockey has flourished and even California are being drafted in the first round.

Have you you been to Rangers game in NY? Have been to Kings game in LA? First off, Ny hockey fans are very knowledgable and loyal fan base. I was at a Kings playoff game last year and it was great atmosphere. LA is not atypical hockey market but they have won 2 cups in 3 years and have a very passionate fan base.

Stop whining that Blackhawks couldn't beat LA.

Yeah I've got a friend out there that said hockey following is just so weak...extremely band wagon fan base.

My Facebook used to blow up with Lakers comments. Now I see more Clippers comments. People that I've never heard say a word about hockey are suddenly die hard Kings fans. That's why I said CA sports fans are mostly fair weather fans. It's pretty ridiculous.

I will just say Congrats to the Kings, they are great team that will only get better. I am proud of the Rangers, it was a fun run. They overachieved and a couple bounces the other way who knows what would have happaned. It still doesn't take the sting out of losing the series.

My Facebook used to blow up with Lakers comments. Now I see more Clippers comments. People that I've never heard say a word about hockey are suddenly die hard Kings fans. That's why I said CA sports fans are mostly fair weather fans. It's pretty ridiculous.

Why are you guys bagging on LA? Who cares what there fan base is. Not every city has orinigal six team that has great fan bases. Stop being a b*tch because the Kings beat the Blackhawks

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk[/

i am am going to start with I am huge Rangers fan and fairly disappointed with how the series turned out. You are obliviously a casual hockey fan. Have you heard of the Gretzky effect? You probably haven't but because of the Gretzky being traded to La hockey has flourished and even California are being drafted in the first round.

Have you you been to Rangers game in NY? Have been to Kings game in LA? First off, Ny hockey fans are very knowledgable and loyal fan base. I was at a Kings playoff game last year and it was great atmosphere. LA is not atypical hockey market but they have won 2 cups in 3 years and have a very passionate fan base.

Stop whining that Blackhawks couldn't beat LA.

I'm not whining and I said nothing about the NY fans. I'm going by what I've noticed and been told by folks that live in and around LA. I'm sure there are some passionate fans there as everywhere..... But I still don't think it's fan base really is close to what most hockey fan bases are.

And I think the kings/hawks series was amazing...heart stopping really....even though the hawks lost. I couldn't have asked for much more. LA deserved to win.

And Gretzky said it himself a few weeks back..... No stadium and crowd is anywhere near what it is in Chicago.

Un-bunch your panties and enjoy your cup... some year....

regardless of the fan base, the best team won, and I am happy with that.

Why are you guys bagging on LA? Who cares what there fan base is. Not every city has orinigal six team that has great fan bases. Stop being a b*tch because the Kings beat the Blackhawks

Time to calm down a little bit bro. Go ahead and read where I said the Kings actually have a somewhat loyal following. I couldn't care less about the Blackhawks BTW. I'm sorry your team lost but get your facts straight before you start throwing out names like the above that you called me.

You're obviously too over heated and un-medicated this Saturday morning sir....

Yes, as, I am bummed about the series finish being Ranger fan but bagging on the kings fan base is just childish. Every city in every sport, band wagon grows when they are in the finals. You have admit the Kings are very good team, that deserved the cup. They beat the defending champs in Chicago.

Who knows what Hawks vs Rangers final would have been like.

Last edited:
I think this was blown way out of proportion. The kings are obviously a great team. I'll bow out of this one for now.

Time to calm down a little bit bro. Go ahead and read where I said the Kings actually have a somewhat loyal following. I couldn't care less about the Blackhawks BTW. I'm sorry your team lost but get your facts straight before you start throwing out names like the above that you called me.

I apology, I have been a little over heated. I just don't see what bagging on there fan base does? Mi am done. I do apology

I am going to stop this black hawk attack. I will say I do love watching the hawks.

I apology, I have been a little over heated. I just don't see what bagging on there fan base does? Mi am done. I do apology

It's all good man.

Good for the Kings they were the better team and they won it. Amazing they just seem to be built for the playoffs. I wish I could say that about my team..... Ugh

I'm just glad Marty didn't win.

Back