Cleveland 588 Altitude Hybrid Irons Preview

Loving the 3 iron, so easy to hit and launches high!

A little bit of improvement for me last night with the Altitudes, really struggling right now making contact that I feel is decent. I am all over the club face right now. The good thing is that if I hit it poorly, it still goes straight. The bad part is, if I hit it poorly it goes straight.

I need a ton more range/playing time before I feel like I will see "optimal" results with these clubs. I am just too erratic with my swing and contact right now. I keep thinking I should be seeing more distance out of these, but I know now that it is 100% technique right now that is holding me back.

The Altitude set I snagged from The Marketplace (3-SW) arrived at my gf's work today! Leaving for the coast as soon as she gets here. Hoping I can at least hit up a driving range on the coast with the new sticks!

Hoping to get the 7-pw out for some more range time this weekend.

So far I haven't hit them as well as I have the long irons which is just strange while hitting my apex decent.

The Altitude set I snagged from The Marketplace (3-SW) arrived at my gf's work today! Leaving for the coast as soon as she gets here. Hoping I can at least hit up a driving range on the coast with the new sticks!

Enjoy the new sticks man!

Starting to see a little gap between the hosel and ferrule on my Alt S now. I hope it's not coming loose like the D. Maybe I should just pull it anyway and reattach them both.

Starting to see a little gap between the hosel and ferrule on my Alt S now. I hope it's not coming loose like the D. Maybe I should just pull it anyway and reattach them both.

Not a bad idea with issues already experienced.

Rather be safe than sorry IMO.

Unfortunately didn't get to hit any balls this weekend. Got to swing them tho, and I must say the 3 and 4 feel as good and easy as my old 6. Seems promising!

Ferrule moving or club not set properly? If its just a ferrule sliding up then you can just glue it back down with head tac glue or equivalent--if the head is moving down the shaft you don't want to use it until reset.

Where did you get your clubs BamBooBender? if the head coming off on these I would the think the inside of the hosel or the shaft tip was not properly prepped before setting.

I bought the D and S directly from CG through their ebay store.

clubheadsjpg_zps2bd38a08.jpg

You guys should check out the Forgan iHy hybrid irons. They look almost identical to the Altitudes.

You guys should check out the Forgan iHy hybrid irons. They look almost identical to the Altitudes.

I don't think they compare they are a combo set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe you mean the F3i's?

Must be, the others are just a combo set.
Those F3i's look like more of a pure hybo in the shorter clubs. I'd give them a try, but there's zero chance I would ever find one to try locally.

Must be, the others are just a combo set.
Those F3i's look like more of a pure hybo in the shorter clubs. I'd give them a try, but there's zero chance I would ever find one to try locally.

Only way is if by chance someone shows up with some at a course. I'll stick with my Altitudes tho, since I still haven't hit them yet! Ha

Only way is if by chance someone shows up with some at a course. I'll stick with my Altitudes tho, since I still haven't hit them yet! Ha
What makes it cool is the website is totally customizable. Yeah I think I meant the F3is. I got a set of the IWD2s with TT 105s upgrade in uniflex...they rock. Here's a pic

I believe the Forgan set has significantly more offset throughout and is not made the same way. While it might be similar to many hybrid iron sets out there, it is nothing like the Altitude set, other than the fact that it has hybrids in it. Outside of that, they are completely different.

I believe the Forgan set has significantly more offset throughout and is not made the same way. While it might be similar to many hybrid iron sets out there, it is nothing like the Altitude set, other than the fact that it has hybrids in it. Outside of that, they are completely different.
Well with my IWD2 iron set there are no hybrids in it as you can see with my 4 iron in the anove attached pic. Also they have significantly less offset than my forged CB3s. I'm not sure about the F3i hybr7d set though. You're probanly right. What I did was call the company and saw what they had in stock as far as shaft options they don't always list on the website. It's actually pretty good customer service. The best I've experienced in a long time.

This reminds me - I got to hit these off turf for the first time yesterday before my round. The thing that probably surprised me the most (besides how "normal" they feel) was how little offset there was in the clubs. For some reason, I had remembered them being like the Ping G-series hybrids (G15 and G20). I think hitting them off mats actually sells these short.

Well with my IWD2 iron set there are no hybrids in it as you can see with my 4 iron in the anove attached pic. Also they have significantly less offset than my forged CB3s. I'm not sure about the F3i hybr7d set though. You're probanly right. What I did was call the company and saw what they had in stock as far as shaft options they don't always list on the website. It's actually pretty good customer service. The best I've experienced in a long time.

Not sure what that has to do with the Altitude set, but based on what I have learned, the Forgan set is nothing at all like the Altitude set. More offset, completely different design and manufacturing. Appears to be more or less a cheap hybrid set. Im sure some will love them, but the comparison to the Altitudes is not even close to accurate.

It's a good company that has been around since the beginning of time. With all of the customizable upgrades I wouldn't call these a lesser set than the Clevelands. Theyre forged set goes for $900.00. If uou habe the same materials or steel in the clubheads.....same shafts and similar golf pride or whatever grips it boils down to peraonal preferences. Has nothing to do with quality or lack thereof. My IWD2 set is made with 431 stainless, which is the best in the world for casting irons and True Temper 105 shafts, GP multi compound grips. Paid $500.00 for the set.

It's a good company that has been around since the beginning of time. With all of the customizable upgrades I wouldn't call these a lesser set than the Clevelands. Theyre forged set goes for $900.00. If uou habe the same materials or steel in the clubheads.....same shafts and similar golf pride or whatever grips it boils down to peraonal preferences. Has nothing to do with quality or lack thereof. My IWD2 set is made with 431 stainless, which is the best in the world for casting irons and True Temper 105 shafts, GP multi compound grips. Paid $500.00 for the set.

Nobody said anything about lesser quality. I said cheap. As in cost, which is fact.
Again, they have nothing to do with the Altitude set, which is partly forged, zero offset and progressive in size.
I get that you do not like the Altitudes for some reason, but I also have no idea why you are bringing up multiple sets in this thread that literally have nothing in common with the Altitude set. Call me confused.

Back