Around 2.5 years old. We tries at 2, but because we were expecting a new baby, our Pedi said that kids usually regress when there's a new baby in the house so we figured we'd just wait rather that have to re-train her.

Set your phone on a constant 20 minute timer, and ask if they have to go every 20 minutes until they get the hang of it. My daughter was super easy, by day 3 she refused to wear a diaper to bed and has never wet the bed.

I have 2 boys that Im sure will be a different story.
Yeah we were doing an hour after she went. Then if she didn't go at the hour mark, we set it to 30 minutes. Didn't really do that today, and she killed it. We knew she understood it, because she had told us a couple times Thursday when we started that she had to go, and she would go. Friday was just a stubborn as hell day, just trying to fight us on it. Fought through it, and think we may be on our way there.

I just got through 3 days of a two front losing battle with some bad shrimp... thought the wife had avoided it... just took a little longer to get to her. Not going to lie... it was easier being the one laid up than the one holding down the fort with a teething miserable 11 month old.

Interesting day on the course with my son. One day of practice with him made a world of difference, he hit more good shots than I've ever seen him hit. Of course he was incapable of appreciating the improvement, just how he couldn't capitalize on those shots. By 9 he was in meltdown mode, not so much angry but just incredibly frustrated. I put my arm around him and had a heart to heart...really tried to make it a bonding moment and learning opportunity (the exact opposite of how my dad would have been with me). The universe rewarded me for this nurturing parenting approach by having a bee fly in my shirt and sting me.

The universe rewarded me for this nurturing parenting approach by having a bee fly in my shirt and sting me.
LOL. No good deed goes unpunished. Hopefully Mother Nature at least waited until the bonding moment was over.

Finally the last day of school, had to go 2 extra days thanks to the awesome weather here.

abunyqaz.jpg

Cute pic 441. Jeez, June 10th is late!

My sister and brother-in-law just wrapped up their school year yesterday. I believe the last few days were just for teachers, to make up the snow/ice days. Which is weird that only teachers needed to make up the snow days. You know, because teachers don't work enough as it is ... got to get that salaries worth out of them.

Yeah no kidding, no clue when they started since we were still down in Cincy, but they were supposed to be done last Friday and got hit with the 2 calamity days.

So in celebration of this my wife told my oldest she could stay up as late as she wanted this 1 time, will be an interesting evening.

She's probably old enough to tell time, so good luck. We can make the boy think 8pm is staying up late since he's clueless still lol.

She's probably old enough to tell time, so good luck. We can make the boy think 8pm is staying up late since he's clueless still lol.

oh yeah those days are long gone.

8:30 is bed time now
9 will be bed time in the summer excluding weekends, maybe 930ish

Pretty sure I'll force her to bed if she is still up at like 11 or so just cause I dont feel comfortable leaving her up solo

Hoping I can get her to watch the Spurs game and root against Lebron

I tend to rush through the weekdays with routine & trying to get out before traffic clogs up the highway. Today I said eff that. I'm heading out of town so I decided to take the girls to daycare today. I decided to stop by the lake in our neighborhood and feed some ducks. A little quality time before my hectic week starts & hopefully my babies appreciate it.

We still have 7 more days to go. And Michigan waived some of the makeup days already.

We still have 7 more days to go. And Michigan waived some of the makeup days already.

My kids aren't out until the 18th, and my wife's school is out on the 23rd. What really stinks about her schedule is that her whole district lost their February vacation since they ended up with an extra week of snow days LAST year. Her superintendent yanked Feb vacation to "avoid" that scenario this year... yet they're still in school longer than my kids who got their week off in Feb. So now we're playing "music babysitting grandparents" that week so I don't have to take any days off.

My son is in until the 23rd as well and we had Feb vacation, they are talking about taking it away in the future though

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

To those of us with daughters... I saw the advertisement for this during the US Open, found the link and ended up signing my girl up for it. She has been to golf camps before but balked this season because it is all boys. She absolutely lit up when I showed her this one.

http://www.girlsgolf.org/pages/events/girls-golf-days-info

Happy father's day guys! I'm off to play some golf with my dad. Enjoy your day!

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

To those of us with daughters... I saw the advertisement for this during the US Open, found the link and ended up signing my girl up for it. She has been to golf camps before but balked this season because it is all boys. She absolutely lit up when I showed her this one.

http://www.girlsgolf.org/pages/events/girls-golf-days-info

I've tried with my daughter - she played field hockey for a few years and has a pretty good golf swing for someone who's had 0 teaching on it. But she keeps insisting she DOESN'T like sports, so...

My Father's Day gift was this photo blown up to poster size. Will frame it and hang it in my office!

OVRO8eG.jpg

Happy father's day guys! I'm off to play some golf with my dad. Enjoy your day!

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk
Happy Father's day to all my fellow THP fathers.

It was dance recital day!

2a4y7zm.jpg

The difference in her dancing this year is amazing. She's gone from the girl watching the the others to being the confident leader of her class. She certainly didn't get that dance skill from me!

My wife put together a picture video set to "it won't be like this for long" which is the song I put her to bed to every night. Needless to say I think I had some thing in my eye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back