Why isn't Kaymer Lofting up w/ SLDR

Status
Not open for further replies.

louslugger15

Reaction score
Handicap
Too High
All I've heard about the SLDR is about lofting up and getting longer carry and roll out. Then I see Laymer's WITB and he's playing a 8.5 degree SLDR Driver. Wouldn't this defeat the purpose of the club and wouldn't there be better options for him from Taylormade? Just curious as it seems to go completely against everything I've heard about the driver.

His swing is much different than an amateurs.

He probably has a positive angle of attack and a very high swing speed so he already has an optimal launch angle

Yeah their campaign is to appeal to the masses not necessarily people like Kaymer haha.

You never know what the real loft is since it is true loft not what is on the club

I'd happily play the wrong loft and be leading the us open.

He may have chosen that loft for that event in particular, who knows he may regularly hit a 5.5 lol.

Well, according to my calculation, he has only missed 7 fairways in the first 3 rounds, a whopping 83% FIR rating so far. I think that says more than the loft he is playing.

He is a professional golfer

I have seen some reports of him carrying a 9.5 instead of 8.5. Whatever it is it seems to be working for him.

He is leading in total driving, what better option do you think is available? Lofting up does apply to everyone.

It's clearly what they fit him for and it's seems to be working for him.

I think his angle is slightly steep but with his speed , the mid spin shaft usage and low spin properties of the sldr equate to a perfect fit!

I never expected him to be hitting a 12 degree driver, but I was shocked at the 8.5. After seeing what he's playing it at I'm curious as to what the other Taylormade guys are playing their SLDRs at.

Loft up phase over? We're all back to 8° drivers now lol

Might also help he's playing a high launching driver shaft.

Kaymer is a better golfer than you and me. He plays a different game than we do.

Also, I bet Kaymer just maybe had a fitting... Or two.

He may have chosen that loft for that event in particular, who knows he may regularly hit a 5.5 lol.
This is what I was thinking, a few years back he may have been one of those playing 5-7* drivers.

Also, I bet Kaymer just maybe had a fitting... Or two.

Possibly on the course, Thursday, Friday, or maybe even Saturday.

Also he swings real fast and most of us don't, with a better technique than most people that Taylormade is marketing to.

Anyone that has actually checked the loft of a TM driver can tell you that they usually run 2 degrees more than what is actually stamped on the driver. They have been doing it for years to boost the ego of the golfers and generate more sales. Everyone likes to say that they are hitting an 8.5 degree driver but in all actuality they are more than likely hitting a 10.5.

Anyone that has actually checked the loft of a TM driver can tell you that they usually run 2 degrees more than what is actually stamped on the driver. They have been doing it for years to boost the ego of the golfers and generate more sales. Everyone likes to say that they are hitting an 8.5 degree driver but in all actuality they are more than likely hitting a 10.5.

I'm genuinely curious if you have a legitimate source for this information.

I've seen that with fairway woods from TM, but haven't seen my drivers jacked up with loft.

I've seen that with fairway woods from TM, but haven't seen my drivers jacked up with loft.

Is that the HL models to which you are referring to? I've seen them such as a 17* 3 wood HL, but not driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back