New video game "The Golf Club"

When this comes out it will be enough to make me buy a Xbox One or PS4

I think this will be the thing that pushes me over the edge to buy a PS4 or XB1. I want to play this so bad!

Me too.
Good thing I've stayed a hoarde cleanse in the MP.

I absolutely cannot wait to play this on my PS4. Gotta try to recreate the Clive from The Hideaway!

I absolutely cannot wait to play this on my PS4. Gotta try to recreate the Clive from The Hideaway!

I'll make the Dye! I know it ate my lunch on the front 9, let's see if my gamer self can do any better.

Tried this course for the first time today. Shot a 79. The front 9 gave me a hard time while I was able to salvage the round on the back 9. Loved the course design though.

I published the autumn themed course. It is called Autumn Ridge if anyone has the game and wants to try it. I had to edit the 6th hole par 5 because you needed two absolutely perfect shots to reach to green or it was in the water. Now fairway runs along the left of the lake and you have the risk reward option of laying up to the left or trying to carry the lake. I took more notes when I play tested it for improvement then I have taken in class lately. I think I have a problem.

Does anyone know if there are going to be separate course libraries for PC, PS4 and XboxOne, or if they are common (ie something uploaded from PC can be played on PS4)?

Great question. Now someone go buy some stuff from my FS so I can afford a X1.

Does anyone know if there are going to be separate course libraries for PC, PS4 and XboxOne, or if they are common (ie something uploaded from PC can be played on PS4)?

They are trying to make it so they can be shared over different devices.

The website has a forum where a lot of questions get answered google golfclubgame

I looked on the website, but didn't see a release date for PS4? Just says Spring

I looked on the website, but didn't see a release date for PS4? Just says Spring

Going to be within the next month or so. It's going to be a digital release so they don't need to worry about retail distribution. Once it's ready it will be cleared by Sony/Microsoft and be available for download

Picked up the early release last night. Being an older guy the modern game controller is not second nature to me. I tried using the mouse and keyboard interface but it was so bad I almost gave up. I found an old Logitech usb controller and that kind of worked but response was terrible. The buttons don't exactly match what doc there is but eventually I figured it out. The sluggish response was improved significantly by lowering the graphics to medium and dropping the resolution. Still pretty awesome graphics. The gameplay is pretty good and there hasn't been a decent PC golf game in years. The course creator is pretty awesome once you get the hang of it. You can actually create a course, save it, play it and then go back into the editor and in a few minutes make some global changes to fairway and green speed, fairway widths, rough conditions and have a new experience. (that may be a run on sentence)
Bottom line is if you have a relatively new PC this is worth the investment. The developers are making changes almost daily and because it is on Steam you get the benefits immediately. If you can't tell I really like this game.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

Going to get this now. There are only a few hours left on the promotional discount of 15% off.

I'M SO TORN!!

I found a 9/10 "used" condition laptop that has an i5 core and a discreet 720M video card that should certainly play this game.

I have a 360 sitting 12 feet away that I hardly ever touch. Would I touch the X1 to play anything other than the golf game?
Or, I could upgrade my current laptop and just have the ability to casually play and/or design courses with the added ability to carry it with me on THP trips?!?

The cost would be about the same in the end...all about which would suit better.
Hrmmmm

I'M SO TORN!!

I found a 9/10 "used" condition laptop that has an i5 core and a discreet 720M video card that should certainly play this game.

I have a 360 sitting 12 feet away that I hardly ever touch. Would I touch the X1 to play anything other than the golf game?
Or, I could upgrade my current laptop and just have the ability to casually play and/or design courses with the added ability to carry it with me on THP trips?!?

The cost would be about the same in the end...all about which would suit better.
Hrmmmm

The right ponder would be PS4 over X1! And less expensive so you can do both!

I've got this 'thing' about Playstations. I've never had any of them, ever.
I went from Atari to Intellivision to Sega (Genesis, Genesis v.2, Dreamcast) to Xbox (original and 360).
That said, I did briefly look at the cost of a PS4.

I just wonder if I'd every play any other game on it. (the X1)

I mean, I started and never finished three very high quality games in Mass Effect 3, Bioshock Infinite, and the last Halo.
:shrug:

Impatiently waiting for this to be released. They just sent out a video talking about distance in certain cuts of grass, pretty standard stuff.

They said it will be out by end of summer. Idk what to believe

They are basically using the pc version as the beta test. They'll roll out to consoles once they've had a chance to smooth everything out

They are basically using the pc version as the beta test. They'll roll out to consoles once they've had a chance to smooth everything out
Heard the course designer is good .. And a good game all in all. I'm ready to play u

Still playing Tiger Woods 12 master's edition on Xbox. Loll I'll upgrade to a new console in year 3 as soon as all the bugs are fixed and the price reduction like usual.

I'm sure everyone is following along like I am with this game. They said they'll be giving a final build to first parties in a couple of weeks, which coincidentally is also the week of E3. I wish I could predict a release announcement during E3, but I doubt Sony and M$ approve games that fast.

~Rock

Any more updates on release dates for consoles?

Can't wait to get this for PS4!

Is there already a thread for sharing gamertags? Would love to get in 18 with some fellow THPers.

PS4

TripleThreat-802

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

No updates.. I'm guessing that isn't a good sign. Heck pga 15 might come out before this one

Back