Would you play Pinehurst #2?

Would you play Pinehurst #2?

• Yes, a firm and fast course sounds great.

Votes: 86 71.7%
  • Maybe, if someone paid my greens fee because I'm indifferent about it.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • No, it looks like a goat track, I'm not paying money to play there.

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would absolutely play it!

Yup, I'd play there.

Of course I'd play there just wouldn't shoot well.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

I liked the changes that were made. I would definitely play there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I'd play it in a heart beat!

I don't know if I would "play" it, but I'd try!

Does a fat baby fart?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

In a heartbeat!

Defenetly, would be a true test of all your shot makig abilities. May leave you buised and feeling down but it would be worth it

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

I'd play it for sure. It's not my favorite's US Open venue by any stretch but I'd like to stick a peg in the ground there...after a massive rain storm to soften things up a bit.

I'd play it for sure. It's not my favorite's US Open venue by any stretch but I'd like to stick a peg in the ground there...after a massive rain storm to soften things up a bit.

Exactly. I wouldn't play it as setup for the US Open, if I did, my safe word would be: More Beer.

Of course!! Can't really judge it until I shoot 100 on it myself...although I really loved the look of the course. Once that long wasteland grows in.... It's going to be even more brutal.

From The HTC One Blue!

I would love to play one of the most historic course in the US

I was thinking about playing it before I go to Myrtle Beach for the Morgan Cup, but the price and lack of tee times is an issue.

Not only was I not impressed by the so-called native areas, I thought the makeover was a big flop. A single sprinkler down and no one noticed? Hard pan on fairways for a PGA Major? Native area are best suited for Arizona desert courses, not North Carolina. I gave the course a thumps down.

The simple fact that it's a Donald Ross designed course makes it a yes. I like the native area and the natural look. Not every course needs to be lush and green to be appealing.

I would be willing to play the course but it would be just to say that I did ,I remember the course before it was rebuilt and would have had much more desire to play the old one. It just goes to show you that most of the time these guys get to play on courses that most of us could play the white or gold tees and score lower than out home courses. I can't see making the game harder just to challenge the pros, if that's all they want then so be it but the USGA had better remember who keeps going and gives them the ability to pay 6 figure salaries to their President.
The pros need to be challenged, and I think this course did just that. There is no way to make a course challenging to the pros and not have it be difficult for amateurs. I personally think that is part of the reason people will drop down the money it costs to play Pinehurst ... how would you stack up against the pros?

To which, once my game improves, I would love to play Pinehurst.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Absolutely. I love the fact that they are environmentally conscious. The Trumpffff can pound sand.

I would definitely play there. I love the what they did to get course back to its original design.

Not worth $410 greens fee.

Not worth $410 greens fee.

Wow. I never looked into the greens fee. That's insane. That's more expensive than Pebble Beach isn't it?

No Pebble is $500 at least.

Heck yes I'd play #2, even if it wasn't under US Open conditions. It would still be a round to remember.

You gotta believe one way or another that diversity is a good thing. Letting a classic course return to its more natural state is really cool.

Its nothing to compare to Pinehurst or any other course that hosts a major tournament, but I love when they let the field grass grow in the rough around my home course. It frames the holes in better and unless you want ticks & chiggers crawling on your legs, or thistle & switch grass cuts, you know a ball hit into is lost more often than not. The course is in no way "tight", fairways are still wide and there plenty of fescue rough to hold slightly wayward tee shots. Once the grass browns and tassles the course really becomes beautiful. They have always bush-hogged these areas several times a year, and I suppose it helps keep the native plants (as well as weeds) from cross-seeding the fairways & teeboxes.

So yes, I would love to play Pinehurst - although those greens are brutal.

Back