The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
make sure you are not crowding the ball. my last battle with them I had to step almost 6 inches more away.

That very well may be the case. I was thinking that I started quitting on the ball because of all the knockdowns I was practicing. Who knows. Stupid shanks.

Had a good 2 hour practice session today hitting every club in the bag and some wedge work. Watching the SeeMore boys makes me wanna get out and putt

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

What a crappy range session this morning. Pull hooks and weak fades galore. I hit a handful straight but even those were off, not really to my normal numbers or my normal baby draw. Some days I really envy the guys who have a naturally repeating swing. Today is one of those days. #frustrating. At least I already had a lesson scheduled for tonight.

What a crappy range session this morning. Pull hooks and weak fades galore. I hit a handful straight but even those were off, not really to my normal numbers or my normal baby draw. Some days I really envy the guys who have a naturally repeating swing. Today is one of those days. #frustrating. At least I already had a lesson scheduled for tonight.
And I played great during the playing lesson. I am such a bipolar golfer. It is inexplicable.

Back at the range today. Same wind, this time lest to right. Can't tell if the fade is true or the wind is really pushing it.
Chip shots w 50 deg wedge were pretty good. Putting was bad. Until Monday...

Spent good amount of time on practice greens today. Worked on 30,40 and 60 yd pitches then writhed on variety of shots with the 58. Putting green I worked on routine. Grip, stance, and posture.

Went to the range and worked on some irons accuracy and starting the lower body on me downswing by focusing on keeping my back turned to the target a split second longer. What a difference that makes!

Also short game work from under the hole. Here's a little cluster.

zepa4a2u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take a picture SBG. I'm not following you, but I'm interested.

I tried it, it was kinda difficult in practice, wouldn't recommend it haha.

Hit the range today, good news was I really seem to be limiting my hook - I've got a push going a little bit, but I can play that all day. Hitting Bertha MUCH better too. But good Lord I could not hit my 5 iron to save my life today. Seriously making me think about more forgiving irons, or at least more forgiving mid irons.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Went through 2 buckets at the range. Working on my takeaway and shortening the swing. My swing feels ok but these changes are difficult. I still see the club in the corner of my eye so I know all is not well. However I'm striking the ball well. Just gotta keep plugging away. ...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

After hitting a few hundred balls yesterday I'm pretty sure I jacked my hand up enough that I need to take a week or maybe two off. Laaaaame. See how it feels with a couple days rest and possibly get in touch with the doctor. I played today and it was pretty much constant pain.

Will work on putting and just work out this week instead. Putting has been pretty good, but can never be good enough.

After hitting a few hundred balls yesterday I'm pretty sure I jacked my hand up enough that I need to take a week or maybe two off. Laaaaame. See how it feels with a couple days rest and possibly get in touch with the doctor. I played today and it was pretty much constant pain.

Will work on putting and just work out this week instead. Putting has been pretty good, but can never be good enough.
hope you feel better soon dude!

Hit the range tonight with my niece
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402881167.305529.jpg

She is just getting into the game and we just worked on swing with some type of control to make contact with the ball

I was working on my driver swing and where this draw is coming from- driver swing is still in shambles but I might have nailed down the draw with the irons

needed some practice today versus playing--we were the first loop on the course so we played several balls and hit multiple shots to work on swing, short game, putting and green reading. I do like the real condition practice versus range--will try to do it more when I can get out and have no one waiting on me.

Yesterday after a poor round, I spent about an hour at the practice green trying to figure out where it all went wrong and trying to fix it. I am working on pace with my true balance putter, and felt like I found better touch on the practice green than I had all day on the course. Also worked on chipping to practice up and downs, and that's coming along nicely. In an effort to help get another option for my putting, I ordered Dave Pelz's putting bible and should have that this week. Even if I don't adopt all of it (as compared to unconscious putting), I'm hoping it gives me a few new insights.

Small bucket today, mostly mid irons and driver. If I concentrate on my right wrist going back on the backswing, I'm ok. If not, it's weak fade time. Worked on that with tempo.

Had my old backup driver with me, which has a stiff shaft (I was fit for a reg when I bought the Razr Fit). Within 2 swings, my old pull fade was back and landing right where I wanted it. Again I'm thinking I should just stick with what works, even if if is a bit shorter but in the fairway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there are times where I just have to accept that certain parts of my game are not going to be 100% all the time. One day it could be irons, the next the driver, the next the hybrid. I know that the more practice and more repeatable the swing is, the less those days happen, but they still do, even for the best golfers. It's a crazy game. With that said, it's short game this week. Also going back to the drills I was doing for the weight transfer issue I was trying to engrain early on in the year. I noticed that I wasn't being as good about it as I could have been and I made a conscious effort to make sure I was doing it in my round last night. The ball striking was much better, so those are my goals this week. Weight transfer drills and chipping/pitching.

I think there are times where I just have to accept that certain parts of my game are not going to be 100% all the time. One day it could be irons, the next the driver, the next the hybrid. I know that the more practice and more repeatable the swing is, the less those days happen, but they still do, even for the best golfers. It's a crazy game. With that said, it's short game this week. Also going back to the drills I was doing for the weight transfer issue I was trying to engrain early on in the year. I noticed that I wasn't being as good about it as I could have been and I made a conscious effort to make sure I was doing it in my round last night. The ball striking was much better, so those are my goals this week. Weight transfer drills and chipping/pitching.
Man ain't that the truth right there! We just have to keep working

Trying to minimize the hip bump... it has gotten out of control!!!

So the range at my club is closed for two days (aerating the tee areas), so I took my practice to the course. Many drives (3-5 off the tees), a few long irons and fairway woods, a number of <50 yd chips, and a very few putts (the greens were aerated two weeks ago, so they are long, slow, and bumpy).
Figured out my driver, finally. Really need to swing thru the ball and keep the left leg firm. Faded a couple, due to bad swings, hit most straight, a few draws which I usually cannot do, and distance never less than 245 (via the rangefinder and GPS). Overall, a pretty good session. I am pleased. However, we shall see if it holds up.

Heading to the range now. I'll be working even harder on my game now that I know I've got a shot at this years Morgan Cup.

Eff it, Im going to the range after work. Had some other stuff that needs done but it can wait.

#JourneyToBetter>OtherBS

Just finished up an hour and a half of short game work. I'm trying to control distance on chips and pitches.

I also tried out some chutting and it didn't go well.

Spent some time after work at the short game area on a local course. Practiced high shots, low shots, bunker shots, and putting. On my wedge work, I kept thinking about where I needed to land my shot in order to get it closer to the hole, with varying results. The grind continues.

How do you guys practice on the range? Some guys just pick a club and hit ball after ball. For me I hit driver then an iron to a fwy to a wedge. IMO it's easy to pound a club up the fairway ball after ball without resetting. Am I wrong in thinking that?

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

How do you guys practice on the range? Some guys just pick a club and hit ball after ball. For me I hit driver then an iron to a fwy to a wedge. IMO it's easy to pound a club up the fairway ball after ball without resetting. Am I wrong in thinking that?

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Curious to everyone's answers to this. I cant hit a ball on the range to save my life no matter what I have tried. Get me into the round I have no problems but put me on the range and it is usually ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back