1 SPOT OPEN - 2014 #THPMC - The Ultimate Golf Event Period

What if I'm a 12.2 that plays like a 14? LOL. Bummer, amazing opportunity. Good luck all!

Agreed JB, as a participant if a 14.5 was selected soon and they worked themselves down to a 13 for example in 5 weeks, I would not be up in arms. Just my opinion.

Would hate to detract from someone getting selected in that slot and then working their tail off to get down under 14....I sure as hell wouldn't be complacent if selected as a 14.2 for fear of going sub 14.

This was my dilemma. I'm a 13.5 and JB said round up to 14 in a previous post so I threw my name in. I would bow out if that is too close for the open spot & maintain the integrity of the event.

An awesome opportunity for someone!!!!! This is an amazing event that will provide long lasting memories!! Best of luck to all that enter!!!

This was my dilemma. I'm a 13.5 and JB said round up to 14 in a previous post so I threw my name in. I would bow out if that is too close for the open spot & maintain the integrity of the event.

I think you are fine. Still plenty of time for those who are in the event to improve as well.

Keep the entries coming. Lots of people who already submitted who would make great teammates.

So, I fit the HDCP qualifications (17.5 currently) and two of my favorite clubs are Cleveland. But there is a lot on the home front that would have to be resolved before I could even try and enter. Regardless, I look forward to seeing who gets this spot!

Lets ask JB to Qualify this here-- we can't control the rate of improvement over the next 5 weeks if someone went to lessons and had a breakthrough. Are we just looking for the HCP right now as the baseline?

Good luck to the entrants. I think I could drop my HDCP by 13 strokes to qualify :wink: but the little one is due right around that time so I can't commit. If circumstances permit, I do hope to attend at least one day and watch you guys duke it out though. Best of luck to whomever gets the spot! Cleveland is a great company to be sponsored by!

****My official entry****

In January of last year I was a 38.6 Handicap, and after meeting and playing with a plethora of THPer's at Tour Stops, THP Events, and with THP people coming through my area I have learned many things. The biggest being that THPer's care more than just about the game of golf, they care about the people. That's the reason I've tried so hard to get my handicap down to the range needed to play in the Morgan Cup. It has been my inspiration and goal to be able to represent one of the teams in the Morgan Cup.

hopefully my 18.2 hdcp is good enough
***not an official entry ***
Not going to lie, I came to THP for the contests and reviews, but the 2013 MC thread is what got me hooked, not only is it the opportunity of a lifetime, but I was stunned by the brotherhood I felt when reading in here, and I want to be part of it. O'Carroll being one of the only 2 THPers, I've met so far, and I can tell from our round together that he is an awesome guy. I would be honored to fill in for him and give all I have to win this for him.

Last edited:
**Offical Entry***
Wow, is all I can say. I know this a long shot but ever since I found the THP forums I have found not only a place to talk golf but some great friends. I would love to continue it at the Morgan Cup. I am currently a 13.9 hcp.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Wow, is all I can say. I know this a long shot but ever since I found the THP forums I have found not only a place to talk golf but some great friends. I would love to continue it at the Morgan Cup. I am currently a 13.9 hcp.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Go for it.

A little forewarning in advance: Be ready to work and work hard. With 5 weeks left before the event, the level of practice you have done before will likely need to increase. Nothing extreme like quitting your job and doing nothing but practice, but you will need to work hard, likely harder than you have before.

So, lets say hypothetically, someone works their butt off and drops a few strokes to get down to 13 or 12? What would the consequences be? Would you have to notify and drop out? Like JB said, it seems like a horrible disincentive for someone who is a 14 at the moment.

So, lets say hypothetically, someone works their butt off and drops a few strokes to get down to 13 or 12? What would the consequences be? Would you have to notify and drop out? Like JB said, it seems like a horrible disincentive for someone who is a 14 at the moment.

The requirement right now is 14-18 with some leeway. What you do after being selected it up to you.

I pretty much expect whoever gets in will drop a stroke or two. I don't see any issues with trying to get better.

Whoa! What an opportunity and a dream of mine to be a part of. Participating in #TheKing has been the highlight of my golfing experience, and to think an opportunity to get into the penultimate THP event could surpass even that. Good luck to everyone and someone's dream will soon come true.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

No matter what the person's handicap is, I would hope they would be better between the end of this week when he is selected and when the MC starts.

I know seven guys who have that goal in mind right now.

I'm not posting this to scare anyone away. I just want the entrants to know what an incredible group will be welcoming them with open arms. We are killing it right now for each other (and we will continue to do so for Pete). And we are going to work like crazy for our new teammate as well.

It's not just a catchy hashtag...

#DoWorkDotCom

OFFICIAL ENTRY:
I followed the Morgan Cup for the first time last year and was completely blown away with the whole event. I kept thinking how lucky the contestants were being a part of it. I truly believe it is an opportunity of a lifetime. I was already excited to be participating in my first THP event in the Ocean City Invitational. The thought of having the opportunity to be part of “THE” event had me downright giddy.
??????
cleveland.jpg
<-----
I want this to be me! Thanks THP for the opportunity to throw my hat in the ring.
Bonus, if I’m selected, WardF can buy me that drink :drinks:

Last edited:
So... My handicap probably falls right in that range, but I've just started keeping scores again. Do we need an official GHIN?

So... My handicap probably falls right in that range, but I've just started keeping scores again. Do we need an official GHIN?

Either through GHIN or USHandicap. It needs to be official.

Wow what an incredible opportunity for someone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fall right in the middle of this handicap spec as I'm currently a 16 however having already had the pleasure of playing in the King, I'll root for someone else to bag this spot. Good luck to everybody who enters as you're truly in for one heck of a ride!!!

Back