Live Update Thread - 2014 Putting Extravaganza w/ SeeMore Putters

Can I ask you guys what seemore had to say about their putters with different type of stroke arcs? Do they recommend a certain type for certain things? Do they only teach a certain stroke type or do they believe multiple types of strokes can work with their putters. I usually play an anser style with a flow neck so trying to figure out which putter would work the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know Jman, Cookie or Canadan can explain it better but my take away was that they advocate a one plane stroke of roughly 78*. The swing plane board that they use looks straight but if your stroke follows the board it will actually be on a 78* plane and not actually be a SBST stroke as some think. They recommend a face balanced putter but make the others as they know that there are exceptions to every rule or thought on golf. I wish I had carried my Flip camera to record Ben at the second station so as to share this better. I hope this makes some sense and some of the guys that were there chime in to help make this crystal clear.

They do contend that the RST system will work with any stroke arc and think that all golfers would benefit from using a SeeMore even if only for practice to reinforce proper set up positions when you putt.

I know Jman, Cookie or Canadan can explain it better but my take away was that they advocate a one plane stroke of roughly 78*. The swing plane board that they use looks straight but if your stroke follows the board it will actually be on a 78* plane and not actually be a SBST stroke as some think. They recommend a face balanced putter but make the others as they know that there are exceptions to every rule or thought on golf. I wish I had carried my Flip camera to record Ben at the second station so as to share this better. I hope this makes some sense and some of the guys that were there chime in to help make this crystal clear.

They do contend that the RST system will work with any stroke arc and think that all golfers would benefit from using a SeeMore even if only for practice to reinforce proper set up positions when you putt.

Interesting this is exactly what I was looking for. Thank You so much.
I know my belief has always been a SBST is almost impossible to achieve without heavy hand manipulation (just my opinion) so it is good to hear they use that type of plane and dont sell it as SBST.

Can I ask you guys what seemore had to say about their putters with different type of stroke arcs? Do they recommend a certain type for certain things? Do they only teach a certain stroke type or do they believe multiple types of strokes can work with their putters. I usually play an anser style with a flow neck so trying to figure out which putter would work the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really really really cannot recommend enough you emailing them or (better yet) calling them to talk about it. They will talk and explain everything you could ever want to know and do so happily. One of very few companies out there you can do that with this easily.

That said, we heard a couple schools of thought on it this weekend, but a SeeMore will work with all stroke types be it one plane, full arc, or SBST. Beyond that I know you are a PN/FN guy but I really recommend looking into "Face Balanced at Impact" lime many of SeeMore's models are, they aren't PN's, but I think most over-worry themselves with a transition to a straight shaft or a whistle shaft from a PN putter. Tons of info on SeeMore's site on the face-balance at impact as well as in the SPi thread here in the flatstick section.

My awesome Seemore putter I had fitted for me. 34.5 PTM1 Platinum with lucky clover cover and green oversized grip.
ta2ehuge.jpg
nabape8a.jpg

My awesome Seemore putter I had fitted for me. 34.5 PTM1 Platinum with lucky clover cover and green oversized grip.
ta2ehuge.jpg
nabape8a.jpg

Awesome! Love the cover and green grip!

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Nice; think you'll do well with that. White Clover has to be one of my fav's out of their collection!!

Nice; think you'll do well with that. White Clover has to be one of my fav's out of their collection!!
I need all the luck I can get so thats why I got it.

I really really really cannot recommend enough you emailing them or (better yet) calling them to talk about it. They will talk and explain everything you could ever want to know and do so happily. One of very few companies out there you can do that with this easily.

That said, we heard a couple schools of thought on it this weekend, but a SeeMore will work with all stroke types be it one plane, full arc, or SBST. Beyond that I know you are a PN/FN guy but I really recommend looking into "Face Balanced at Impact" lime many of SeeMore's models are, they aren't PN's, but I think most over-worry themselves with a transition to a straight shaft or a whistle shaft from a PN putter. Tons of info on SeeMore's site on the face-balance at impact as well as in the SPi thread here in the flatstick section.

I am going to do just that thanks guys. Its funny I love my flow necks but am not a huge fan of plumbers necks (even though I own a few). Going to see what they recommend and go from there.

Here are a few Vines from this weekend, that I was able to pull from my computer. I made more, just need to see if I can find them.

Yea I would say it was a Swag weekend!!!
y4ydy5yr.jpg

I would love to have these tool boxes in my garage.

Soxfan on The President's Reserve Sunday.

Jman

DocTrussell

Amart teeing off and David Winchell (cotton candy) watching.

Johnny Mojo with his aprroach shot. And Amart staying out of the sun.

#9. I really liked the look of this hole.

#11, I believe. Great looking hole.

Last edited:
I wanted this picture up by itself. I wish I would have done the same thing on Saturday, but I will get to that later.
I would like to say that I had a fantastic time Sunday playing with these guys. Thank you Johnny, Andy, and David for such a great day on the course. I hope that we can get together and do it again in the near future. It was such a pleasure teeing it up with you all.

Think that last pic was number 11...the up and down for par from 156 hole lol

I got that changed. Thanks.
By the way, That was a great shot.

I wanted this picture up by itself. I wish I would have done the same thing on Saturday, but I will get to that later.
I would like to say that I had a fantastic time Sunday playing with these guys. Thank you Johnny, Andy, and David for such a great day on the course. I hope that we can get together and do it again in the near future. It was such a pleasure teeing it up with you all.

Eddie, you are such a good guy to share a round with, and I'm glad we got to share an event together again. David, it was a pleasure to meet you finally. I want to hit a draw like you do when I grow up. I think your 5 iron goes as far as my driver! Thanks for the meds too bud. My back is now in total mutiny, but your Alleve got me through the last round and I appreciate it. I blame the chair in the putting lab :act-up:

Andrew, dude! I am so glad that we were able to share a round prior to MB. I feel extremely privileged to have been able to share a match with you like we did. You are a fine player and I look forward to seeing you on the course again. Wanna ride with me!?

JM

Found a few photos on the phone from the weekend I hadn't put up:

The Vault warning:
8E08FF21-8A8A-42FD-BAFD-0D5937760BCE_zpsoxepunyb.jpg

One of the fitting rooms and Jim's office:
548BBEB3-0A44-4DE5-8653-19DAFA0F1FC0_zpswpl4oux0.jpg

5BF0CC73-B011-4CDB-92C2-6429613F5996_zpsurl61gxo.jpg

Now this is a great paper weight.

Awesome pic Eddie! Wish I hadn't shanked my drive into the water though, lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I got that changed. Thanks.
By the way, That was a great shot.

Thanks! Not how you draw up a par, but they're not pictures on the score card just #'s. Lol

I still can't put into words what this weekend meant to me. Anyone else stare at your new headcovers all day and relive each minute of the past few days? The introductions to new faces to put to the names you've only read.. the emotions of this weekend were like a Rollercoaster. . Only this time you've climbed to the highest peak and seemingly just stayed up there throughout the entire time. Only to finally come down once you head for home Sunday.. I will tell you one thing and that is seemore has a customer, friend, supporter for a lifetime here. You're truly family to them. The same as we are family to each other.

Nate, you're hilarious man. Glad I got to share not just one but two rounds with you! Ken, v.man, I feel for you man. I hope that back gets better. I know you have a lot of golfing coming up. Rest up bud. Jimmy it was great meeting you. Finally someone who can give dave a run for his money haha. Coers you're a trip man. I don't know many people who can take that much abuse in one weekend and keep grinning lol. But seriously I had a ton of fun yesterday. Best of luck in the MC. That goes for everyone participating coming up. And can't forget Don. Watch out for creatures in those swamps. You never know what you might find. California is a long way to come and play but then again this is thp and that just shows that nowhere is too far for us.

JB don't worry I will probably just take the bronze out of that 02 of 10 and scrap it in a week or so ;) but seriously thank you for having this relationship with such a wonderful company that I could be introduced to. They seriously do it best.

And I can't forget Jeff who was a down right trooper driving there and back and for offering period to carpool with us. Sincerest thank yous from myself to you.

One cannot experience this weekend with so many great people without feeling blessed. Blessed that someone cares enough to make big things possible for normal everyday guys. And thp does that day in and day out.

I feel like I made about 30 new friends this weekend including each and every one of you guys plus seemore. It really is something I will look back upon for a loooong time. I couldn't stop talking about it today to save my life and I'm not one to brag about anything. Yet here I was telling everyone that would listen about a company that is deserving of every ounce praise imaginable.

More to come as I remember interactions between myself and others I'm sure.

Those fairways at President's Reserve look massive! Can only imagine how much narrower they look in person.

Just went through every page and looked at every photo. So glad you all had such a great time. I loved going through the SeeMore experience at last years MC and all of my other putters have some nothing but collect dust since I started rolling a SeeMore.

Back