The 2014-15 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
uploadfromtaptalk1402974035376.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Awful news today. Former Auburn TE Philip Lutzenkirchen died in a car accident this morning. He was a great football player, but even a better person based on the stories that are being told today.

Awful news today. Former Auburn TE Philip Lutzenkirchen died in a car accident this morning. He was a great football player, but even a better person based on the stories that are being told today.

My sister was saying that he is still universally loved on Campus and was known for being an awesome dude. It's such a sad thing.

And national signing day is only what...9 months away?

Nothing is locked up in this day and age of recruiting.
A former Cal coach used to say that verbal commitments were worth the paper they were written on.

Very sad story. Lutzie was a favorite of mine. Died much to young. Prayers up for his family.

Pondering stubhubbing a ticket to the Seminoles v Irish on 18 October.
Never been to a ND game, and it isn't a home game, but it could do.

Also in the car was former UGA baseball player Ian Davis, sad day for both families and friends of each. http://recruiting.blog.ajc.com/2014...assiter-football-star-killed-in-car-accident/

Last edited:
Pondering stubhubbing a ticket to the Seminoles v Irish on 18 October.
Never been to a ND game, and it isn't a home game, but it could do.

ND comes to UGA in a couple of years. I'd rock an Irish shirt in Athens with you bud!

Prayers sent to their families. I remember Kiffin recruiting Leutz

Go Big Orange

Also in the car was former UGA baseball player Ian Davis, sad day for both families and friends of each. http://recruiting.blog.ajc.com/2014...assiter-football-star-killed-in-car-accident/

So sad for both families. Lutz was a great guy. Wear your seat belts folks.

September 30th, OU versus WVU in Morgantown, WV. Tickets on stubhub start at $129. This is as close to me as the Sooners get ... wonder if it's worth dropping that much coin to watch what is bound to be a Sooner blowout by the half. The Mountaineers don't stand a chance this year.

So, Maryland sells themselves to the B1G. I get it. The taxes in Maryland are atrocious enough to keep the Institute rolling along. Whatever...
But, in order to ho themselves out some more, they are "renting" Cole Field House to the Ohio State fans for the OSU-MD football game this year. $100k. Really???? Are they THAT hard up for $$$$??

September 30th, OU versus WVU in Morgantown, WV. Tickets on stubhub start at $129. This is as close to me as the Sooners get ... wonder if it's worth dropping that much coin to watch what is bound to be a Sooner blowout by the half. The Mountaineers don't stand a chance this year.
OU has a lot of hype with a QB that has had one good performance in his career. Let's see how they play TN first

Go Big Orange

So, Maryland sells themselves to the B1G. I get it. The taxes in Maryland are atrocious enough to keep the Institute rolling along. Whatever...
But, in order to ho themselves out some more, they are "renting" Cole Field House to the Ohio State fans for the OSU-MD football game this year. $100k. Really???? Are they THAT hard up for $$$$??
My school gave up its premier home game, instead agreeing to play the game at 7pm on a Friday night, about 60 miles away from campus, in the 49rs new stadium. That will be a brutal drive in the Bay Area to make game time. I guess they need the cash; I remember when the huge Pac12 TV deal was supposed to solve everyone's problems (shakes head...)

Nike Opening this week. Hoping big Khalil comes to TN

Go Big Orange

Im a Mountaineer fan and there are a lot of question marks around this years team. However, they have a ton of young talent. I see this team either being terrible or surprising a lot of people. That said, Morgantown is always worth the trip. Game day atmosphere is top notch!

Im a Mountaineer fan and there are a lot of question marks around this years team. However, they have a ton of young talent. I see this team either being terrible or surprising a lot of people. That said, Morgantown is always worth the trip. Game day atmosphere is top notch!
jreed, I hope you guys don't wind up surprising us! I have family in West Virginia, but have never been on the WVU campus ... I'm sorely tempted to take the plunge and buy those tickets!

jreed, I hope you guys don't wind up surprising us! I have family in West Virginia, but have never been on the WVU campus ... I'm sorely tempted to take the plunge and buy those tickets!
WVU's biggest question mark this year is at QB. There is no consensus #1 which at this point is a very bad thing. There are 2 newcomers, William Crest (4* true freshman) and Skylar Howard (top JUCO QB). As of now it looks like Clint Trickett is the starter but Im hoping one of these can leap above him. Other than that, the RB position is stacked, WR is acceptable if there is a QB that can get them the ball, and OL is inexperienced but should be improved over last year. On D, there has to be a major improvement over last year. That shouldn't be hard considering they were ranked around 100th in D1 last year. Experience and the coaching of Tom Bradley should go a long way in improving the overall defense. That, of course, is a homers point of view :)

I should add, dont believe the hype about WVU fans. They are only belligerent idiots towards Pitt fans. All other fans are ok :) There are several blogs about Big 12 teams and how much they enjoyed their trips to Morgantown and that it would be a yearly trip.

I should add, dont believe the hype about WVU fans. They are only belligerent idiots towards Pitt fans. All other fans are ok :) There are several blogs about Big 12 teams and how much they enjoyed their trips to Morgantown and that it would be a yearly trip.
Mmm well I beg to differ on that. I am a Buckeye that lived in WV for a couple years including Morgantown for a bit and they are the most diehard but belligerent fans I have ever met. It was almost unbearable to come to work on Monday's from having to have a play by play from Saturday's game. Mind you I did work with the Rainman of WVU football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back