DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Phillip has some lame excuse about having a huge event already booked with condo paid, but somebody else can step up and enter :)

I know

man-sticking-his-tongue-out-gesturing-loser-13055249.jpg

I threw my name into the hat. if selected, it shouldn't be hard to find the level of obsession necessary to prepare for the event... Ward knows what I'm talking about :D

I got a vine of cat.dru that I have been fighting with my phone and tablet to get posted. I found that I can post it from my computer.

Last edited:
This upcoming Saturday anyone?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

The girlfriend is out of town open both days actually.

This upcoming Saturday anyone?

Out of town till Saturday, but was considering Iron Horse on Sunday afternoon. They are offering a $25 special anytime in June after 10am.

Out of town till Saturday, but was considering Iron Horse on Sunday afternoon. They are offering a $25 special anytime in June after 10am.

That sounds good.

I would have to check on some things for a Sunday round. My dad is coming into town to see me , since I wasn't in town on fathers day. Not sure when he plans on heading out of town. I wiill get back with you later in the week.

I will likely be playing the PVGA event this weekend....

Sunday, 6/22
8AM individual on the River course

Y'all let me know I'm flexible. Bear Creek east is $22 on golf now... That's a steal om a weekend.

I'm out this week. Daughter is on a swim team this summer. Her meets are on Saturday.

I'll miss this Sunday's PVGA, as I am golfing with some other good friends that I haven't played with in a long time.

I'm out this week. Daughter is on a swim team this summer. Her meets are on Saturday.

I'll miss this Sunday's PVGA, as I am golfing with some other good friends that I haven't played with in a long time.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the PVGA?

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the PVGA?

Pecan Valley Golf Association

Small league they run out of the Fort Worth course location.

Pretty darn fun.

We need to nail down the Winstar golf day soon! I need to get it on the calendar!

We need to nail down the Winstar golf day soon! I need to get it on the calendar!

Post it up in the Winstar thread. That way the non DFW crew that wants to jump in will see it.

Last edited:
Y'all let me know I'm flexible. Bear Creek east is $22 on golf now... That's a steal om a weekend.

There's a reason BC East is $22 right now...there are at least 2 temp greens in use, possibly more. Had a friend play there yesterday and he said it was in good condition overall, but some holes were shortened significantly and it was SUPER slow due to the increased traffic from the low rate.

That said, I'm not saying it's not worth $22.

There's a reason BC East is $22 right now...there are at least 2 temp greens in use, possibly more. Had a friend play there yesterday and he said it was in good condition overall, but some holes were shortened significantly and it was SUPER slow due to the increased traffic from the low rate.

That said, I'm not saying it's not worth $22.
That stinks, I really despise slow golf.

That sounds good.

Don't know that I've ever played Iron Horse? How far of a drive is it from Frisco? I could do Sunday afternoon and spend Saturday morning on the putting green and in the short game area.

Don't know that I've ever played Iron Horse? How far of a drive is it from Frisco? I could do Sunday afternoon and spend Saturday morning on the putting green and in the short game area.

Iron Horse is not a bad drive from Frisco. Straight down 121 to 183, 183 to 820 west, then about 4/5 miles.

Iron Horse is definitely worth the drive for the $25 green fee. Just beware of traffic on 820, always seems to be stop and go through there regardless of time or day.

I'm going up to OK for a family reunion this weekend and I am playing Chickasaw Pointe near Durant tomorrow with some family members. May be a long shot, but have any DFW guys played the course? If so, was it a pretty decent layout? It seems to get some solid review online.

Has anyone played Tierra Verde lately? Buddy and I are considering playing a 2 man 2 day tournament there next weekend and we've heard mixed thoughts about the course. I saw Aaron's post back in the fall about it being a nice course. The entry is a bit expensive so wanted to make sure before we committed.

Thoughts????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back