The Country's Best Hot Dogs

I'd take one of each!

Heid's in western NY is the best. It used to be the first stop my grandpa and I would amke after he picked me up from the bus station when I would go visit during the summer.

If you are ever in northern NJ go to Rutt's Hutt in Clifton for some rippers. Not greasy but the deep frying makes them super crispy. Also in southern Maine there is Flo's in York. Snappy casing, NE style bun and celery salt/proprietary relish mmm.

Nothing beats a good Zwigle hot dog on top of a garbage plate. :alien:

There is nothing as good as a Maine style red hotdog (also called a 'Red Snapper'). If you are ever in the New England area you have to try one...that red coloring probably takes a year or two off your life!

If you happen to be in Lewiston, Maine, check out Simones' Hot Dog Stand:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/simones-hot-dog-stand-lewiston-2

Worked through many a hangover at that place...

Sam's Corner in Myrtle Beach and Garden City, SC serves up quality dogs.

Heid's in western NY is the best. It used to be the first stop my grandpa and I would amke after he picked me up from the bus station when I would go visit during the summer.

If you are ever in northern NJ go to Rutt's Hutt in Clifton for some rippers. Not greasy but the deep frying makes them super crispy. Also in southern Maine there is Flo's in York. Snappy casing, NE style bun and celery salt/proprietary relish mmm.

2nd on Rutt's Hutt! So awesome, and those things go down so easy - I ate 5 before I knew it.

It is amazing how a hot dog can be so different in different parts of the country. Whenever family visits from WNY the first thing I ask them to bring is some hot dogs along with some bison French onion dip

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

It is amazing how a hot dog can be so different in different parts of the country. Whenever family visits from WNY the first thing I ask them to bring is some hot dogs along with some bison French onion dip

I love having them as we travel.

The best hit dogs in the country are the ones I make on the grill in the backyard.

Puka Dog on Kauai is an unexpected treat. I think we ate there at least 3 times when I was visiting.

I'll have to check out Belly Shack. I didn't know they do hot dogs, and they're right down the street.

Hot Doug's is awesome. It's too bad they are closing before the Wilson event, though.

That article made me crave a good hot dog! Think I'll check out my local Publix to see if they carry Hoffman's here in Atlanta. As for the restaurants mentioned, the only one's I might have a chance to visit are Hot Doug's and/or the Belly Shack in Chicago, if I luck out and get into #Personal Distance. ;)

That article made me crave a good hot dog! Think I'll check out my local Publix to see if they carry Hoffman's here in Atlanta. As for the restaurants mentioned, the only one's I might have a chance to visit are Hot Doug's and/or the Belly Shack in Chicago, if I luck out and get into #Personal Distance. ;)

Hot Doug's is very good. Pinks is also good. Those are the two I have been to. However expect a long wait unless you hit it at just the perfect time.

Crif dogs is absolutely delicious.

In addition, there is a phone booth you enter in the back of the store and you pick up the phone, dial a number, and it brings you into an underground speakeasy called PDT (Please Don't Tell).

Looks like that list is based as much on prep and toppings as the actual dog. You still need a great dog under all the extras.
Sahlen's and Zweigle's are tops in my book.

Looks like that list is based as much on prep and toppings as the actual dog. You still need a great dog under all the extras.

I grew up on Sahlens and still think they are the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Puka Dog from Hawaii sounds pretty good. Those Hawaiians LOVE their sweet rolls.

Now personally, I think that Hot Dog Heaven here in Orlando will give anyplace a run for their money. http://www.hotdogheaven.com/

If you find yourself in northern RI, ask a local where the best "weiner joint" is. So many good diner-like places. New York Lunch in Woonsocket, Weiner Genie in Lincoln, Kips in Pawtucket, Olneyville in Cranston...Get them "with the works". Don't forget to put vinegar on your fries and wash it all down with a coffee milk. Damn, now see what you've all done!

Oh man I cant believe you just posted this I am about to go to lunch...man this made me hungry for a hot dog!

Hot Doug's is very good. Pinks is also good. Those are the two I have been to. However expect a long wait unless you hit it at just the perfect time.

I really am not a fan of Pink's. Not to fond of The Varsity in ATL either. Grew up on NuWay chili dogs in Macon GA and they are still my favorite. The ones I make at home using Skyline Chili and adding ground beef are pretty awesome!

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Everyone talks about dirty franks in Columbus as being awesome -- I've not yet gone, but I'll have to make a point of it soon.

Cincinnati, well, you'd have to work pretty hard to get me down there.

Next time I am there, we are going.

Zweigle's are one of my favorites especially right off the grill.

Love me a good hotdog. Two of my favorites up north are Stowe Dogs in Stowe VT and Dogtown in Rochester NY. They both make fantastic hotdogs. Would love to check out some of these other popular places

Back