New Taylormade Website

Stribs

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
What do you think about the new site refresh over at www.taylormadegolf.com?

Personally, I think some things could be different in terms of imagery placement and scrollability. I think that the product images per category could be shrunken a tad bit more so that they can place more than 2 centered images per table if you want to call it that (I'm not a website designer so bare with me). I've also found some missing page content and I've only been browsing the site for a few short minutes.

Just curious to what ya'll think.

Having literally visited this site about 500 times since December I think it is a pleasant improvement. IMO it is a lot easier to navigate and more visually appealing

Here's just one example.

Why not move the Burner balls up and to the right, all while re-centering the three images. This eliminates the need for additional scrolling both up and down (thinking about other device viewing), and if a smaller device, screen, etc., was to open this page, the site incorporate RAD into their code so the page will automatically adjust for that particular device viewing. This way there will be no horizontal scrolling needed.

Capture_zps3aca3edd.jpg

You can see similar layouts per club category (drivers, fairways, irons, etc.).

been fooling around on it a bit this morning. Not sure if I like it or not. There do seem to be some missing links on there.

Having literally visited this site about 500 times since December I think it is a pleasant improvement. IMO it is a lot easier to navigate and more visually appealing

Agreed, it feels noticeably easier to get around when looking for things. I remember in the past, trying to find the Tour Preferred iron you were looking for was a bit of a pain. Now it's easier to locate without having to dig around.

I like the new look, though the images in the nav bar for clubs don't show up great against the background, since it's grey on grey. But much easier to find your way around, that's for sure.

Hopefully the new site doesn't just continually reload on my Surface like the old one did.

been fooling around on it a bit this morning. Not sure if I like it or not. There do seem to be some missing links on there.

Noticed that too and informed the Digital Marketing Manager via Twitter already this morning. Can't believe their publishing team missed these links though...

Is it me or do all the new sites and upgrades have similar layouts. It must be a new web programming format.
Looks like the PGATour site which I didn't like at first and still prefer the older one.
Don't like the huge fonts and having to scroll so much.

My first impressions with it is that its alright. But I have gone into one of the product pages and don't really see the reason why they need to have such large frames for each product. They could have made them all a little bit shorter (in terms of pixel height) and fit one more row onto each page if they wanted. I'll see what other things I can find the more I dig into it.

It looks like they have quite a bit of tweaking to do on it, but I like the overall look.

Here's just one example.

Why not move the Burner balls up and to the right, all while re-centering the three images. This eliminates the need for additional scrolling both up and down (thinking about other device viewing), and if a smaller device, screen, etc., was to open this page, the site incorporate RAD into their code so the page will automatically adjust for that particular device viewing. This way there will be no horizontal scrolling needed.

Capture_zps3aca3edd.jpg

You can see similar layouts per club category (drivers, fairways, irons, etc.).

pretty sure it has to do with mobile compatibility

Definite improvement at a glance.

I like the presentation. Seems easy to navigate and i sure they working on getting all the links up and running correctly

My first thought, too, but I definitely think there's plenty enough room to make that wider...but we'll leave it up to the designers to make that call.

I hadn't caught up with the changes, so thanks for posting. Heading over there now to see what my sponsor has done to improve the site.

looks like they are doing some maintenance on it right now

I hadn't caught up with the changes, so thanks for posting. Heading over there now to see what my sponsor has done to improve the site.

They took the site down, give it a little while and then find your way over there.

I'm thinking this is probably the reason for the new format you're seeing for many sites.

Ha Ha. When I got there there was a message that the site was down for maintenance. Maybe they're fixing those links that were broken you tweeted them about G3G.

Vast improvement over the old site plus i like the vault front and center no need to go looking for it

Yeah, seems like most sites nowadays are being designed with mobile devices in mind. That can be a good and bad thing.

I like it. I'm on a slow connection now, so there's some issues, but I think I like it.

Is it me or do all the new sites and upgrades have similar layouts. It must be a new web programming format.
Looks like the PGATour site which I didn't like at first and still prefer the older one.
Don't like the huge fonts and having to scroll so much.
This was my first impression as well. And I'm sure it has something to do with mobile compatability.

Back