Never golfed a round in my life

Andy216

Reaction score
Handicap
??
Hi. My name is Andy, and I have never golfed a round in my life.

For Father's Day, my wife and kids bought me six lessons at the local golf course.

My plan is to take the lessons and be fitted for clubs at the end if I am enjoying it. I planned on one lesson per weekend.

I have four total friends who golf -- only one within close proximity. (The others about 30 mins away).

1. Any flaws in my plan?
2. Any advice for a newbie golfer?
3. Any idea on how to make more local friends who golf?

For Father's Day, my wife and kids bought me six lessons at the local golf course.

My plan is to take the lessons and be fitted for clubs at the end if I am enjoying it. I planned on one lesson per weekend.

I have four total friends who golf -- only one within close proximity. (The others about 30 mins away).

1. Any flaws in my plan?

Awesome plan man, you will give yourself a solid foundation and be miles ahead of most newbies who just start swinging. Best way to meet golf buddies is just go to the course. Get paired up with people, or even better join a league. What area are you in?

Welcome Andy!! I think you've got a fantastic plan set. Try it out, see how you like but im very confident after the lessons start you'll be absolutely hooked! Just absorb all the info and have fun with it. You'll start to find golf buddies around the course or check out some of the area threads on here, plenty of people who'd tee it up with you and lend some advice.

Thanks Wake.

I am near Cleveland. I live in Geneva and work in Solon, for anyone who knows the area.

:welcome: glad to have you aboard Andy, after 6 lessons I believe you will either love it or just be so/so about it. I am thinking if you do the lessons and stay active here you will love it.

1. Any flaws in my plan?
First, welcome to THP.

Second, I like your plan. I'd make sure that you leave enough time between lessons to practice what your instructor teaches you. Baby steps, not a sprint.

Andy,

Welcome to one of the most wonderful journeys of your life and welcome to THP! You have a great plan too. Be honest with yourself and find the enjoyment in this great game. Some gains come fast and some slow. Enjoy the journey. Some of the greatest people you will ever meet are right here in this community.

Welcome!

JM

Sounds great and welcome to THP

That sounds great. My ultimate goal is not to be an amazing golfer, just to enjoy myself, some time outside and friends (old and new).

if I can enjoy myself without embarrassing myself, that's a win!

Well Andy, first off Welcome Aboard! Second, we have a pretty large group of THPers in the north east Ohio area! Were always getting together for rounds so if it turns out you like the game, don't hesitate to throw your name in the hat!

Well Andy, first off Welcome Aboard! Second, we have a pretty large group of THPers in the north east Ohio area! Were always getting together for rounds so if it turns out you like the game, don't hesitate to throw your name in the hat!

Sounds great! Thanks for the warm welcome.

Welcome to the forum. If you end up enjoying the game, one suggestion is to look into a group clinic as well, that way you will get to meet other new golfers that may be closer to you geographically.

Welcome to THP.
Tons of THPers up your way that golf regularly and once you get up and running, will have a blast with them.

Welcome to THP, solid plan!

Welcome to THP.
Tons of THPers up your way that golf regularly and once you get up and running, will have a blast with them.

Is that a little #OhioTopia rubbing off on you?

Never golfed a round in my life

Welcome Andy. The only flaw in your plan is that your wife my rue (sp) the day she bought those lessons for you. :)

She'll soon see when you're not playing golf, you're onTHP talking about it.

And yes tell her people really do play golf with people they met on the internet, and live to tell about it. Ha

Last edited:
Welcome to THP, Andy! Great plan, and definitely try and get out with some THPers! It's always fun, no matter what skill level.

Welcome Andy. The only flaw in your plan is that your wife my rue (sp) the day she bought those lessons for you. :)

She'll soon see when you're not playing golf, you're onTHP talking about it.

And yes tell her people really do play golf with people they met on the internet, and live to tell about it. Ha

True story ^^

Welcome to THP. Your plan is spot on. But, as others have said, don't rush the lessons. Take the first, then give yourself the time to get comfortable with the practice. After lesson 6, I believe you will have established a great beginning to a wonderful game

great plan Andy, enjoy golf!

Welcome to THP Andy , Glad to have you here . Lessons are a great first step to introduce yourself to the sport we all love so much. Just remember even the best golfers hit some ugly shots very now and then, so don't get frustrated with the game to fast , Golfers at all skill levels struggle with hitting that little white ball where they want it to go . Just enjoy the wonderful experience of being outdoors and breathing clean air for about 4 hours with some of the finest people in the world , especially those here at THP .

Welcome to THP!

No flaws, enjoy yourself!
Have fun.
Show up to your favorite course as a single and get paired up. Join a league.

Patience, and HAVE FUN

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Back