Personal Best? What's yours?

War Eagle

the Beags of THP...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Rum
A lot of talk about PBs lately, which is all kinds of awesome. So why not have a thread for all of our PBs!

Post 'em up!

At my course, a few 79's from the whites (regular tees), one 79 from the blues (tips) and a 76 from the Golds (seniors tee; also have two 77's).

I need to get a 78 from the whites or blues this summer.

71 (E) in 2007. 2 birdies, 2 pars. Shot even on each 9. Still have never broken par on a 9, but I have shot even a couple of times.

I'll get it started with my recent one - 42/41 for a 13 over 83. beat my handicap by 4 strokes and my previous best by 5 (3 relative to par). it was a shocker... I think I'll be chasing that score for a while :)

Best for nine holes is 36, 1-over par.

74/72 for 18 and 33/35 for 9.

Great idea for a thread War!

JM

My 9 hole PB is 38 (+2) from the whites at Western Turnpike Golf Course; and my 18 hole PB that I've shot 4 or 5 times is 83--I consider the best of which came from the blues at Schenectady Municipal Golf Course.

I went 39/39 for 78 at my states state tournament a couple weeks ago. It was by far the best I've ever played and the fact that I did it at the state tournament makes it even better!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

89. I'm not happy with that at all, but have only played for just under 1 year so I know I should be content.

I had an 81 during a one-off round where the greens were being worked on. They had temporary greens set up in front of the normal ones. The temporary greens were level with the fairway and made short game very easy. It let me know how much I need to work on short game.

I've shot 71 twice on 2 different par 71 courses. Never broke par for 18 holes.

My best 9 hole score came a couple weeks ago in Minneapolis with a bunch of THPer's... -2 33 after a 43 on the front 9. Haha.

79 on a short course, but 87 PB on what I would call my home course

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Ha. When you have been playing as long as I have, you have to consider this question in eras. That being said, in the past decade, my PB is 75. I've posted that score many times, including three times in 2013. I hope to better it this year, but so far my best has been 77.

My lowest 18 hole score is -5 67, with 5 birdies and 13 pars playing with THPers up in Hubbard Ohio.

My lowest 9 is 33, I believe. I've done it a few times, with failed opportunities at 32.

Years ago, before various sports injuries and when I played frequently, I shot a 79 for my personal best. Used to shot in the mid to low 80s regularly. Working my way back down.

Best 18 is a 1 over 73. Started out double, double and then went 3 under for the next 16.

Best 9 is a 1 under 35 I think. I know I've been 2 under going into the 9/18th a few times and promptly doubled the finishing hole to shoot even.

My PB is a 73. Went 3 bogeys 2 birdies 4 pars on front 9 straight pars on the back. Believe I had 30 putts hit 12 greens something like 11 or 12 fairways. By far my best round ever and it was last summer

I played 18 (9 hole twice so it might not count) for a 43/40 83.

If it takes an asterisk so be it!
I made the shots and I am pretty stoked about it!

83*

I've had a couple of 73s on par 72s, but like puttin4bird, have never broken par on 18.

Last year had the best 9 hole round of my life where I fired a 33 (par 36)... only to follow it up with a crowd pleasing 46 on the back...

84 for me
But I'll be happy for now if I could just stay in the 80's even if I don't brake that PB. My goal after many lessons this past winter is to lower the cap over all after over 20 years of golf and if a new PB comes along that would just be icing on the cake. But I'll take 80's golf (at my locals) on a consistent basis over a new PB. At least for now :)

My personal best is 87. Have hit it a couple of times on a couple of courses I play regularly since picking the game back up last year. Not great, but not absolutely horrible either. It's moving in the right direction.

71(E) at Niagara Orleans Country Club in Middleport, NY in 2013. Somewhat easy course but a thrill none the less.

+5 75 with a full nine at even par then I kind of lost it

68 over 18 holes on the "home course"

84 PB on the hardest course I have ever played.

Have shot 4 over for 76 about 5 times at my old course Silverstone Ranch and 76 on Paiute Wolf and Sun. 9 hole PB is -2 before at Paiute. Longest string of birdies is 6 in a row at Silverstone which I shot 77 for the round after starting off with a double. Best part of that round is it was in a member 2 day tournament and I played with the same group both days, the day before I couldn't make contact and shot 105, next day 77 with 6 birdies in a row lol. Frustrating game it is. PB this year is 79 a couple times.

Par 72 about 10 years ago. Haven't been lower than 76 since, and that only once or twice a season. Think I had 5 birdies to cancel out the inevitable bogeys.

Back