Bit by a Rattlesnake.

That sounds awful, glad you're ok. Based on the size, sounds like it could have been a pygmy rattlesnake. Those little buggers don't get much bigger than a foot but can ruin your day very quickly.

It was actually a Northern Pacific Rattlesnake, a baby no doubt. Most of the ones I've killed have been only 2-3 feet in length. This one was only about 14 inches. The doctor said the worst bites he has treated have all been from snakes under 18 inches as they are young and lack control of their venom, often releasing nearly all of it. It looked just like this one.

4330258623_681d6ea415.jpg

http://www.californiaherps.com/snakes/pages/c.o.oreganus.html

Man that was awful!!! The only thing in the description you posted that I have been through was the blood thinner shots in the belly region. I had to give myself those suckers for two weeks after my total knee replacement surgery to prevent clots. I didn't think I could ever give myself shots but I pushed though it. Not a pleasant thing to deal with but I'd gladly go through those again in place of a rattle snake bite :beat-up:

Good to hear that you are doing better. Frightening events for sure!

You should have a sticker for each one on the side of your bag.

Not a bad idea. Maybe I should get some patches or pins I could put on my bag, or maybe decals for my cart.

Glad to hear you are alive and going to be Ok. Reasons i don't mind living in MI, I don't have to worry about random snakes in my driveway. But seriously glad you are ok.

Well theres one reason to never move out west. Jesus

My skinned was crawling reading this. I am super glad you are ok. Snakes are number 2 on my list dont F%^&*(K with list. The first being hieghts.

I am scared to death of snakes, so this totally freaked me out!!

Glad you are doing better.

Damn! If it makes you feel any better, I ran over one while driving across Arizona, must have been over 5' long.

I have a real fear of snakes. My wife does too. Being bit by a rattlesnake is right up there with my worst fears. My friend's dog got bit a few years ago while he was working in the yard. If he hadn't killed the snake and brought it in, his dog might have died.

My neighbor is a vet and sees about a dozen rattlesnake bites and a few dog deaths each summer. My neighbors 85 lb. black lab spent 6 days in the doggie hospital after being bitten in the face.

It was actually a Northern Pacific Rattlesnake, a baby no doubt. Most of the ones I've killed have been only 2-3 feet in length. This one was only about 14 inches. The doctor said the worst bites he has treated have all been from snakes under 18 inches as they are young and lack control of their venom, often releasing nearly all of it. It looked just like this one.
http://www.californiaherps.com/snakes/pages/c.o.oreganus.html

Little jerks, all of them. I had a pygmy curled up right against my front door that wasn't more than a foot in length. He didn't stick around there for very long once I tried to kindly move him with a 3i and I heard him start to rattle.

Glad you are doing better TB. I HATE snakes. HATE them.........................

JM

Glad to hear your doing better. I couldn't imagine having to worry about rattlesnakes whenever you walk out of your house. I like to walk around bare foot to much.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Glad to hear you are going to be alright, I might be time to move back to Minnesota!

Crazy. Hope you bounce back quickly.

WOW!!! I gotta tell you, I really enjoyed reading this story. I'm glad you turned out ok! This has always interested me and you did a great job of detailing what you went through. Again, I'm glad you're ok!!!

Wow. I think about this when playing golf in Texas as we were just talking about this two days ago. Luckily I seem to find the fairways when playing here. Glad everything is ok.

All I got to say is that has got to win story of the week. May be the story of the month! Glad to hear your doing well.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Glad your ok!
Thanks for the education also on what can happen worst case.

Be careful people

Wow. That's crazy stuff but glad you're on the road to recovery.

That is absolutely nuts, glad you're recovering!

Glad to hear you're doing better!

Glad to hear you are doing well. The blood thinner heparin shots are not fun at all. Had them 3 x's a day for 3 months.

Rattle snakes are some wicked creatures. Glad to hear that you are doing better. As others have said, I hate snakes.

Back