New "ish" golfer from Waterford, MI

Nakrohtap

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi Everyone. I have been lurking around this forum for a few weeks now. I happened upon it accidentally when searching for reviews for some balls and a fairway wood. There seems to be a HUGE gathering on here.

Anyways, my name is Pat. I am 45. I golfed very sparingly back when I was a teenager. Didn't have any clue to what I was doing. Just kind of hacking around the course like most teenagers that weren't serious about golfing. After not playing for nearly 20 years, I started playing again (sparingly still) around 8 years ago. I had a set of $150 all inclusive clubs from Walmart as a starter set for years and then decided to get a set of Taylor Made Burner plus irons this spring to help promote my game. In the past 8 years, I have only averages around 4-5 rounds a summer. Last year, I probably golfed maybe 6 times. I counting this as my official rookie season. ;) This year, I have already went to the course at least 6 times and plan to play around a round a week (weather permitting) through September.
I realize that this amount of time is not enough to be consistent, which is why I am trying to go at least once a week now. I am not trying to get outstanding at golf, just good enough to be consistent and know what I am doing in the different phases of the game.
To give you an idea of where I am, I shot a high of 119 and a low of 105 so far this season, averaging about a 112. My short term goal is to break 100. I don't have a ton of people that I golf with, which is sometimes the reason I don't get out every week.
I am open to all suggestions and criticism. I am trying to just get out and enjoy the weather and have fun, but still get irritated at bad shots.

Sorry for the long-winded post.

Welcome to THP Pat. There is a wealth of knowledge on this site. Have you considered taking some lessons? I played all the time for a few years, but it wasn't until I took a lesson that I saw where my big swing flaw was.

Welcome!!!

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Welcome aboard Pat!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP Pat!

Welcome To THP Pat!!!

Thanks everyone for the welcomes and the links.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

As a fellow michigander I welcome thee to THP!!

Welcome!!! My girlfriend happens to be from Waterford. You have some real nice courses in that area.

:welcome: nice intro.

Welcome to THP

Welcome, and have fun!

Pat, Welcome sir!

I have a feeling you're going to like it here!

Welcome Pat lots of awesome people up your way

welcome to THP, Pat!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome! I'm from Michigan as well. Where do you play? Bald Mountain is a crappy course but good for beginners because it has plenty of "fairway" and open areas and is cheap (Golf Now gets you 18 and a cart for ~$20). Good luck and hope to see you around sometime!

Welcome to the team Pat!

Welcome to the forum!

Using Tapatalk

Welcome Pat!

Welcome! I'm from Michigan as well. Where do you play? Bald Mountain is a crappy course but good for beginners because it has plenty of "fairway" and open areas and is cheap (Golf Now gets you 18 and a cart for ~$20). Good luck and hope to see you around sometime!

Hey katman. Normally, over the course of the season, I play Highland Hills and Indian Springs mostly. Sometimes Brentwood, White Lake Oaks, Springfield Oaks and Goodrich. Goodrich is a little out of the way, but cheap. Nice, unless it rains within 3 days of when you play. Very soggy course.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Back