Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mack Daddy 2 wedges or the Forged Chrome wedges--they have nice shaft options in those.

Also looking at a 4 or 5w with a lower launch/spin than the Blueboard I have in my Xhot pro.

Haha. Wish I had deep enough pockets to do that. :act-up:

I approved MD2 ponder

I miss mine, I may reclaim them tomorrow

Pondering "crossover" type irons - need more forgiveness but don't want to swing a freight train. So I come to you asking...

Adams Idea Black CB3 VS. Wilson Staff Ci11 VS. Titleist 712 AP1 VS. Callaway X Hot Pro

What say you THP? Which would be your choice?

couple of things on callawaypreowned are calling my name.
You ain't kidding. I'm just glad somebody jumped on the like new Apex 5-pw with F4 110 Recoils before I had a chance to check out. Prices are insane with the sales they have going on.

Pondering "crossover" type irons - need more forgiveness but don't want to swing a freight train. So I come to you asking...

Adams Idea Black CB3 VS. Wilson Staff Ci11 VS. Titleist 712 AP1 VS. Callaway X Hot Pro

Of those, I've only hit the CB3 and XHP. If the 712's are like the 714's I'd recommend them with no qualms.

you forgot one

APEX!!!!

I have hit both the CB3s and Ci11's.

Feel - CB3
Forgiveness - CB3, but it is close.
Distance - Ci11
Looks - Ci11, but it is close.

I dont think you can go wrong with either, but I preferred the CB3s by quite a bit. Both are a great set of irons, but I just think the CB3's are a superb and closely unmatched set. Forged, great looking and pretty daggon forgiving!

Of those, I've only hit the CB3 and XHP. If the 712's are like the 714's I'd recommend them with no qualms.

I've only heard good things about the 714's, so I'm hoping the 712's are similar. Just don't really want to pay big money so trying to look for 712's.

you forgot one

APEX!!!!

Oh I LOVE these babies, but the price is just a little too much for me to swallow at the moment.

I have hit both the CB3s and Ci11's.

Feel - CB3
Forgiveness - CB3, but it is close.
Distance - Ci11
Looks - Ci11, but it is close.

I dont think you can go wrong with either, but I preferred the CB3s by quite a bit. Both are a great set of irons, but I just think the CB3's are a superb and closely unmatched set. Forged, great looking and pretty daggon forgiving!

Yeah, I remember you really loving your set. Pretty eye opening when you say the CB3's are actually more forgiving. They would merge well with my current set of Adams CMB's as well, which is a bonus.

Oh I LOVE these babies, but the price is just a little too much for me to swallow at the moment.

CPO has them at decent prices and I just got an email for 25% off, maybe you did. Brings em down to a pretty darn good price.

CPO has them at decent prices and I just got an email for 25% off, maybe you did. Brings em down to a pretty darn good price.
And then you throw in a trade-in.......no brainer. Too bad I can't swing them yet.

Thanks for the tip - I think that's a 24 hour flash sale though, no way I'll be pulling that off tonight. Plus the cheapest set I see is still fairly pricy in my book. I'll probably be looking at these in a year or two when the used prices start to fall though, outstanding irons.

Thanks for the tip - I think that's a 24 hour flash sale though, no way I'll be pulling that off tonight. Plus the cheapest set I see is still fairly pricy in my book. I'll probably be looking at these in a year or two when the used prices start to fall though, outstanding irons.

Yeah it is probably effective at getting some people to pull that trigger. They are definitely worth the wait though.

I hit the 2.0 5w today, nice club.

Apex with Recoils. My fitting is tomorrow and that puts me one step closer to knowing my specs and ordering.

Apex with Recoils. My fitting is tomorrow and that puts me one step closer to knowing my specs and ordering.
I have these (4-AW) sitting in my shopping cart on callawaygolfpreowned for $450 after trade and discount. Pull the trigger...?

I have these (4-AW) sitting in my shopping cart on callawaygolfpreowned for $450 after trade and discount. Pull the trigger...?
hell yeah

"Like New" usually means....still in the wrapper right?

I'm tempted....VERY tempted.
do it Peter, worst case, you can still resell them for more than that

I have a 7m3 in the basement without a home..........what could possibly be put on the end of it? Hmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back