ulle73

Reaction score
Handicap
How does collage golf work? Is it like in hockey? SingleA through trippleA? How good of a golfer do u need to be to get into a team in the different leagues?

Skickas från min iPhone via Tapatalk

How does collage golf work? Is it like in hockey? SingleA through trippleA? How good of a golfer do u need to be to get into a team in the different leagues?

There are different levels of schools in the US college system. But talent is talent.

For perspective on how good you need to be, Jason Dufner wasn't the #1 on his college's golf team.

Lets say in ur area? The school u went to? How good would u rank it? And what would u guess ur hcp would need to be to get in?

I have relatives in wilmington, NC. And thinking of applying. Im a 2.0 hcp and this season i really started to play. Last 6 Rounds under 72 (par 70 and 71) never taken any lessons. But Will i be laugedh at if i applied? Cause all friends of mine are 15+ hcp. So dont have a clue of whats "good enough"

Just like any other sport. You can redshirt or turn pro if you choose to do so. It's not like in Baseball. The Blue Jays paid my tuition so I could opt out if I chose to do so and start in AA ball immediately.

You would need to shoot consistently in 69-74 range to be considered by any of the top 25 programs. Most of the guys in college have been playing competitive junior golf since the age of 14, have you name out their. Emailing a coach saying hey I have an interest may garner some attention. Also college golf like most college sports you have Div. 1-3, JUco, NAIA.

I have relatives in wilmington, NC. And thinking of applying. Im a 2.0 hcp and this season i really started to play. Last 6 Rounds under 72 (par 70 and 71) never taken any lessons. But Will i be laugedh at if i applied? Cause all friends of mine are 15+ hcp. So dont have a clue of whats "good enough"

There are a few THPers who have played college golf. They might be good to ask. Also remember that in college golf, handicap doesn't matter.

Some more perspective—I went golfing with a buddy who played for Mount Union, a D-3 level college.

He hasn't played a whole lot lately (baby, house, all that jazz) and still shot a 66 (five-under), 23 shots better than all of us. And, like Dufner, he wasn't the No. 1 at Mount or even at our high school.

He hit the most beautiful 240-yard 3-wood from the fairway on a par-5 over water and landed it on the green. It was unreal. I almost started laughing it was so amazing.

You would need to shoot consistently in 69-74 range to be considered by any of the top 25 programs. Most of the guys in college have been playing competitive junior golf since the age of 14, have you name out their. Emailing a coach saying hey I have an interest may garner some attention. Also college golf like most college sports you have Div. 1-3, JUco, NAIA.

This is the most accurate I've read. I played D1 college golf at CU (Colorado) for four years. I believe someone else stated that handicap doesn't matter and they are right! It's a week to week sport if you're going to travel or not.

If it's something you really want to do you need to start getting videos to coaches, scores in actually tournament play along with where you placed. They want to know you can play consistent competitive golf and not break under the slightest pressure. Yes it's an individual sport but also a team sport and you must be able to mentally play to both levels.

It's A LOT of work getting there and even more staying there. There will always be someone who's trying to out work you so it's a contact competitive drive between teammates. If you want to chat more Id be happy to talk about it. There's a reason I didn't play for 10 years. Hope this helps a little.

This is the most accurate I've read. I played D1 college golf at CU (Colorado) for four years. I believe someone else stated that handicap doesn't matter and they are right! It's a week to week sport if you're going to travel or not.

If it's something you really want to do you need to start getting videos to coaches, scores in actually tournament play along with where you placed. They want to know you can play consistent competitive golf and not break under the slightest pressure. Yes it's an individual sport but also a team sport and you must be able to mentally play to both levels.

It's A LOT of work getting there and even more staying there. There will always be someone who's trying to out work you so it's a contact competitive drive between teammates. If you want to chat more Id be happy to talk about it. There's a reason I didn't play for 10 years. Hope this helps a little.

What is D1 and D3? How many levels are there? And which one is the best?

I know that hcp doesnt matter. But its a good indicator on what level you're playing..

What is D1 and D3? How many levels are there? And which one is the best?

I know that hcp doesnt matter. But its a good indicator on what level you're playing..

JFlores put it in his Also college golf like most college sports you have Div. 1-3, JUco, NAIA." D1 is the highest level and as they are above!

Handicap can be an indicator ONLY if they have a lot or all T's next to your scores which are tournament scores. Colleges want to know how you will preform under pressure in tournaments, that's all they care about!

People playing d3. What are they shooting?

People playing d3. What are they shooting?

Pretty much any college level golfer should be shooting right around par to a few over. The difference between going to a D1 or D3 school is if you can consistently break par and even go shoot a mid 60's round. Go look up this years national championship individual scores between all three levels. I love watching a follow college golf as much as I can but you will see what I'm talking about. Now there might be someone at a D3 level that shoots well under par for the Championship but I can promise you they will be moving on and they went D3 because they didn't have enough tournament experience to go higher. Most likely that person will have the option of going d1 if he would like.

There are different levels of schools in the US college system. But talent is talent.

For perspective on how good you need to be, Jason Dufner wasn't the #1 on his college's golf team.

nor was Zach Johnson... and Drake (in Des Moines, IA) isn't exactly a golf powerhouse

nor was Zach Johnson... and Drake (in Des Moines, IA) isn't exactly a golf powerhouse

I believe every college golfer has the potential to become a successful PGA player no matter the level. It truly depends on the mental side of the game and being able to handle the pressure.

I believe every college golfer has the potential to become a successful PGA player no matter the level. It truly depends on the mental side of the game and being able to handle the pressure.
And being able to putt.

Usually in collage golf they get a bunch of pictures and put them together like so.....
edupe6e3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually in collage golf they get a bunch of pictures and put them together like so.....
edupe6e3.jpg

When were these people in college? The Carter administration?

When were these people in college? The Carter administration?

Probably - and Id imagine that they currently spend many days in their fancy clubhouses working on their collage golf.

They probably play a lot of crochet on the side too

Probably - and Id imagine that they currently spend many days in their fancy clubhouses working on their collage golf.

Haha, I see what you did there.

Collage golf

Ah yes. Collage golf. I see now. Clever.

Should be noted that English is the OP's second language.

I played D3 college golf #1 & #2 spots. It's was very competitive at that level and we didn't hold a candle to D2 or D1. The three top college players just signed with Nike and Callaway, making pro debut this week.

I also just watch the top juniors play in an AJGA event the other day. -5 won the boys group from 7400 and -6 won for the girls from 6000 plus. These are 15,16&17 year old kids with grown folks swings.

I know a kid who plays junco golf and is #1 on his team but no 4 years are interested in him so he is going to try to walk on at a D2 school so he will have a chance to play he talked to a local D1 school and the coach said he would not even make the team shows how competitive it is

He's from Sweden guys I'm sure English isn't his first language.

Take it easy.

I know a kid who plays junco golf and is #1 on his team but no 4 years are interested in him so he is going to try to walk on at a D2 school so he will have a chance to play he talked to a local D1 school and the coach said he would not even make the team shows how competitive it is

which local uni, pacific?

Back