Callaway Apex Irons Review Thread

I still need to hit these. Haven't had a chance to yet and want to see how they do for me with all the good I've heard.

Dude you would HAMMER these. The way you're hitting that new Callaway/Cobra mixed set, these are close in feel with much more forgiveness. I'll probably be looking hard for a set of these in a year or two once the market price for used sets drops a bit.

I still need to hit these. Haven't had a chance to yet and want to see how they do for me with all the good I've heard.

They're amazing. Look great at address, very forgiving, and produce an amazing ball flight. Combine them with the right shaft and they are absolutely money.

I'm sure I saw a couple of posts regarding the AW in 50*. How many people are using it, and how are you finding it?

At the moment I have PW and SW with Scor 48 and 52 in between. The 48 is to close yardage wise to my PW and the 52 is very close to my SW. I was thinking ditch the 2 Scors and order a AW. The only problem there is I am finding I am using the 48 more and more around the greens from chip and runs to little high ish pitches, for some reason I just get on with it. Or order the AW ditch the 52 and keep the 48. Or just ignore the AW and carry on with the Scor Wedges.

Most of the courses here are very firm and hard, however when I go to work in Indonesia the courses are the complete opposite, being soft and wet.

I adore the AW, but the SW is also honestly just as fun for me.

The AW is a great full swing and partial club, forgiveness, launch, and naturally blends beautifully.

SW may be in and out post MC, but the AW is permanent.

Love these irons so much it's silly.

The AW is a great full swing and partial club, forgiveness, launch, and naturally blends beautifully.

This is good - and interesting - to hear. My set is currently 5-PW, and I need a 50*/AW. I adore my Vokeys in 54/58 *almost* as much as I adore these irons (they truly are just incredible!)....and I need something in between 54 & PW though and have been debating between another Vokey at 50* or getting the Apex AW. Sigh

AW all day every day.

I like my aw more now that's it's upright. Went pin hunting today and wasn't right side of the green anymore. And I love love love the pw. ..just simple to hit

You read my freaking mind. After some more easy and great AW shots yesterday, I pondered if the SW was as easy. I got home and checked the bay for them. It just seems kind of like a natural progression if it's just as good.

I was on the fence with whether or not to order the AW with my irons, but after reading some of these posts looks like I'll be including it and save myself the headache of trying to find the right 50* wedge.

After serious thought, going with the 4 iron over a 23 degree hybrid, going to order tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

After serious thought, going with the 4 iron over a 23 degree hybrid, going to order tomorrow

Sooooooooooooo....

Sooooooooooooo....
no kidding I love these irons more and more ever day. won closet to the pin yesterday :)

no kidding I love these irons more and more ever day. won closet to the pin yesterday :)

Don't order, shoot me your address, I've got a 3 and 4i head sitting here. We will work it out later.

I'm struggling pulling the trigger on the Apex with Nippon 1050's. They were pretty even with the Recoils in every category that mattered except spin. They were better spin wise, but long term feel the Recoils will be better in my joints and body.

Don't order, shoot me your address, I've got a 3 and 4i head sitting here. We will work it out later.
thank you my brother that is awesome

You fell in love with these the moment I nutted that 7i, didn't you?

You fell in love with these the moment I nutted that 7i, didn't you?
yes I did, my wallet is still cussing you lol.
all BS aside these are the best irons I have ever owned by a long ways

yes I did, my wallet is still cussing you lol.
all BS aside these are the best irons I have ever owned by a long ways

Sparksjr hit one 5 iron and was sprung like a kid in a candy store. My coach is TM sponsored and it pains him to admit how good these irons are. He hits at least 10 shots every time I practice with him.

What shafts do you want to put in the heads you are getting from JMan? I think I've got a couple of KBS Tours that were pulled from MPH4 3 and 4 irons. If the tips are the right size and you want them they are yours.

Sparksjr hit one 5 iron and was sprung like a kid in a candy store. My coach is TM sponsored and it pains him to admit how good these irons are. He hits at least 10 shots every time I practice with him.

Interesting. Is he currently gaming the Speedblades? I would put those two on par with each other. With a slight nod to the Speedblades long irons being a bit better (launch w/ stock shaft gives them the nod).

Interesting. Is he currently gaming the Speedblades? I would put those two on par with each other. With a slight nod to the Speedblades long irons being a bit better (launch w/ stock shaft gives them the nod).

He's playing the MCs.

my coach is the same way, TM sponsored and he loves hitting my apex and MD2's

It's all subjective, but I think the Speedblades are clunky compared to the Apex. Speedblades are easy to hit and can generate some incredible distances, but I think they are behind the Apex in aesthetics and feel. The Apex just have a combination of aesthetics, feel and forgiveness that I haven't seen before in a set of irons.

I'm interested to see how the SLDR irons compare. When those irons were first launched, I had the impression that they would be pretty similar to the Apex.

Back