Titleist 915 Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

arydolphin

GTHC!
Reaction score
Handicap
The new Titleist drivers are hitting the range this week at the Quicken Loans Invitational, which is exactly 2 years after the 913 drivers hit the tour. @JonathanWall on Twitter just posted this sole picture, I assume that more picture are going to come out later this week. The big change from the 913 drivers: slot technology on the bottom of the club that Titleist has named "Active Recoil Channel".

Bq0XkrJCQAAr0ad.jpg

I can't wait to hear what Titeist loyalists are going to say to praise the "Active Recoil Channel" after years of attacking TaylorMade for "gimmicks".

Unlike the 910 to the 913, I can tell what is different with this club.

I will wait and see how this one turns out.

I haven't been around golf long enough to know, but it does seem to me that Titleist resists change. It's interesting to see them going to slot technology that so many other companies are using.

I thought I read somewhere that Adams clubs had slots years ago, then moved away from them, then came back to them.

I wonder if the adaptor will be the same as for the 910/913?

Yea, they are going to catch some heat for that, but I'm sure they knew that.

Wonder if it will aid forgiveness. That wouldn't be a bad thing.

Sort of looks as expected, although the channel surprises me.

I tend to take manufacturer claims with a pound or 2 of salt, but would Titleist make this sort of radical (for them) departure from their normal designs if the channels / slots / power chasms / hittin' holes didn't provide a tangible benefit?

THP will be at their HQ in August for their media intro. Won't be able to post our info until 10/1 however.

I like the looks of this sole. I have never played Titleist, but what is their pattern of numbers. 910 to 913 is a 3 digit increase then the 915? Are the last two number the year in which it was released by chance?

A really different look for them, and slot tech!? I guess Taylormade was right in saying they expect everyone to try and do the similar slot technology that they got from Adams. I'm intrigued to see how it plays and if that active recoil channel extends down into the fairways and hybrids.

I can't wait to hear what Titeist loyalists are going to say to praise the "Active Recoil Channel" after years of attacking TaylorMade for "gimmicks".

After the "active recoil channel," I suspect Titleist will develop the "heavy-sided driver core weight pin". :Alien

I'll give Titleist some credit, though. This does not look like a repainted 913 (i.e., a repainted 910). Interested to see how this driver performs.

Actually reminds me more of the Nike VR Pro driver than TM/Adams.

Very interesting to see Titleist make the move to "slot" technology.

I'm pretty anxious to see how the top of the club looks, and also how it sounds.

They will call it innovation. Some of them might even say it with a straight face.

Wonder if we'll see a white version in the next 90 days?

Actually reminds me more of the Nike VR Pro driver than TM/Adams.

I was thinking more along those lines too. It sure is interesting.

Love the look of this one, and its a definite departure from the norm for Titleist.
There's a definite ripoff of some Tmag/Adams tech there...wonder if they had to pay for it?

Some loyalist will say.... We came up with the idea but wanted to make sure that Taylormade and others could sell something like this before we put it out for release..... Oh yea, wait till you see our gravity core

Love the look of this one, and its a definite departure from the norm for Titleist.
There's a definite ripoff of some Tmag/Adams tech there...wonder if they had to pay for it?

There is no rip off going on. Titleist filed for patents for what they are calling ARC (Active Recoil Channel) technology back in May.

More concerned with what the top/crown looks like than the sole. Hopefully it isn't full of graphics like my R1....

I think it looks fantastic and like most Titleist driver offerings I'd suspect it performs extremely well.

There is no rip off going on. Titleist filed for patents for what they are calling ARC (Active Recoil Channel) technology back in May.

No, this Recoil Channel looks completely new and innovative and not at all like Velocity Slot or Speed Slot technology...

Interesting design here.. I actually expected the weight to be moved forward with very little change to the look of the club but this, as some have said, is "radical" for Titleist. Call it whatever they like, it's not really anything new but I do get that they have to try and keep up with the Jones'. I wonder what the price will be? Standard Titleist driver price or are they going to go higher... Also very interested to see if there is an increase in distance and how much over the 910/913 lines. I still love my 910 D2, even if I'm not gaming it at the moment, it will take a lot for me to get rid of it.

No, this Recoil Channel looks completely new and innovative and not at all like Velocity Slot or Speed Slot technology...

Did I say that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back