I got a golf tip from my wife

Drumdog

Drummin' for golf
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 7.1
I have been struggling a little for a couple of weeks with my driver and long irons and was starting to bleed over into my short irons.
It was really bugging me. Saturday, as I walked off the 9th tee after hitting another weak, high right drive, I was muttering to myself, "Come on Bill, what are you doing"?

Mrs. Drumdog hears me and says, "that swing looked like you were trying to scoop the ball higher". Aha ! My old nemesis had crept back into my swing. I was hitting the ball with too much right hand. Not rolling my wrists, but hinging like hitting a hammer, underhanded in almost a scooping fashion.

I ended the front nine shooting 45. With the tip from my lovely wife, my main swing thought for the rest of the round was, "hit the ball with your left hand". Boom...37 !

We played again on Sunday and I kept that same swing thought, and I shot 76.

Boy do I love my wife !!

Dang man, that's some nice shooting there and that's awesome your wife was there to help you out. That would be sweet if my wife had a eye like that, I could use all the help everytime I play.

How do you think Payne Steward fixed his putting in the 99 US Open? His wife told him he was moving his head, next day he putted amazing. Glad you listened to her

I have been struggling a little for a couple of weeks with my driver and long irons and was starting to bleed over into my short irons.
It was really bugging me. Saturday, as I walked off the 9th tee after hitting another weak, high right drive, I was muttering to myself, "Come on Bill, what are you doing"?

Mrs. Drumdog hears me and says, "that swing looked like you were trying to scoop the ball higher". Aha ! My old nemesis had crept back into my swing. I was hitting the ball with too much right hand. Not rolling my wrists, but hinging like hitting a hammer, underhanded in almost a scooping fashion.

I ended the front nine shooting 45. With the tip from my lovely wife, my main swing thought for the rest of the round was, "hit the ball with your left hand". Boom...37 !

We played again on Sunday and I kept that same swing thought, and I shot 76.

Boy do I love my wife !!

I used to drag my wife to the range any time I was having issues. Good stuff!

Those gals know what they're talking bout! :bomb:

Haha that's pretty funny and definitely something I can related to. Went to the range once with the girlfriend because I was spraying my driver right. She watched hit 2 or 3 balls and looks at me and says "Why do you stand up when you're hitting your driver?" It immediately clicked and I couldn't tell what I was doing till she said that, I was standing up and out on the down swing and blocking myself off. It's nice to have someone that can simplify things every once in awhile!

That's awesome! Definitely a keeper there.

Wish I could get my wife back out on the course. Cool story!

Haha good stuff. Man, they're always right aren't they? :D

I thought she was going to tell you take two weeks of and then quit!

Glad she could help you out.

OK you put it on that tee so how can I resist. Your wife actually told you that you were doing something wrong? hmm ..... weird?
#old married guy

That's awesome! The only golf advice I get from my wife is that I shouldn't play as much.

Sounds like I need to start conditioning my girlfriend now so that she will be able to help me in the years to come. I have a feeling she won't be as excited as I am...

That's awesome! The only golf advice I get from my wife is that I shouldn't play as much.

Your wife and my wife must be emailing each other. LOL. I get this at least once a week. Sometimes twice.

I saw the title and thought it said golf "trip" and immediately thought what a cool wife. After I read your post I now think she is even cooler. Hopefully it was a free tip.

This.... so much this....

That is a very cool lady you have there Drumdog. Tell her the internets say so.

Cool stuff!

Is this wife 1.0?

I had to upgrade mine to 3.0, but I disabled the "play golf" option, and installed the "no golf complain" option ... I did not know there was an option until wife 2.0, by then it was too late ... only way to change it is to do a complete power off, and re-install.

No worries there.....she is as much of a golf addict as I am. We were supposed to go to the lake to jet ski for the weekend, she wanted to play golf on Saturday and Sunday instead.

Thanks to all...yes, she is a keeper !

Is this wife 1.0?

I had to upgrade mine to 3.0, but I disabled the "play golf" option, and installed the "no golf complain" option ... I did not know there was an option until wife 2.0, by then it was too late ... only way to change it is to do a complete power off, and re-install.

That's pretty awesome

Awesome story there. Pretty cool she was able to pick up a flaw in your swing without you even asking her to take a look. Sometimes the best thing for a golf game is a second set of knowledgable eyes.

Terrific story! I have been trying to get my wife to try golf. No luck. Of course, she is so ADHD that she would probably stop looking at my swing at address. Squirrel!

That's awesome, its only appropriate that you give her the Dufner squeeze on 18 after a helpful round like that!

That's pretty darn cool.

My wife would just pour me another drink.

That's pretty darn cool.

My wife would just pour me another drink.

Mine would just ask me why I had to spend so much to be this bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If I complained of driver issues to my wife she would have figured which club it was and broke it and said "there, no more problem".

Awesome your wife is with you for golf and more awesome she helped you out. Good stuff! :)

Back