Titleist 915 Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Titleist 915 Drivers

Crown is pretty much classic Titleist, with a slight update to the alignment marker.

Shiny finish, no graphics aside from the alignment marker. Also looks like the weights from the 913 will not work in the 915. No telling if they keep the wrench the same, though I imagine they will as it looks like the SureFit hosel system will stay the same. If they do, that means the shaft you loved in your 910 or 913 will be able to be used in the 915. That's a great move by Titleist.

URL removed - we don't allow links to websites that don't honor embargo. (#cookie)

Last edited by a moderator:
If they do, that means the shaft you loved in your 910 or 913 will be able to be used in the 915. That's a great move by Titleist.

That's what i am hoping and if so a good move by Titleist

I like the looks of it. At address, appears to be "classic" Titleist save for the alignment aid (as stated by arydolphin). Don't know what to make of the "ARC", but looking forward to hearing more about the line, and, hopefully, giving it a go upon release.

One characteristic I'd really like to get feedback on is the sound. I have always liked the sound of the Titleist drivers, and they seem to spend a good bit of time/effort tuning the sound of the drivers at impact. Will be interesting to "hear" whether the "ARC" impacts the sound profile.

I'm digging the sole. Hopefully it performs as well as it looks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I love the sole design, although the starburst looking thing does seem flashy, at least by Titleist standards. Also interesting that their switching away from the aim design on the crown. Its all just eye catching enough to make it stand out from their previous offerings; although, who knows what Taylormade will come out with between now and whenever it's formally released. They're certainly not interested in trying to maintain any sort of buzz over the rest of the year though if they arent getting these to market until at least October.

Still think they are missing an opportunity to resurrect one of the best "Names' for a club ever.
howitzer_large.jpg

Same adapter? I will own one before years end.

Still think they are missing an opportunity to resurrect one of the best "Names' for a club ever.
howitzer_large.jpg

I had totally forgotten about that previous bit of "late-to-the-party" knock-offery. Thanks for reminding us that nothing has changed.

Titleist tends to be one manufacturer that doesn't jump feet first into a trend but when the whole golf market moves it's got to be seen to do something
I'm a bit if a titleist fan and I love my 910D and my 913Fd
I've played the adams with the slot technology and I just didn't work for me
I also think that the titleist line is real class just need to see the full club before I can make a judgement

Haha why fight it? I love me some golf clubs.

I know it! And if previous Titleist driver incarnations are any indication, you'll be glad you do if it causes you to pick this one up.

I like my 910, and I like my TM driver I had before it. But they need to get more imaginative with their names. I mean, they might as well just stamped on the bottom of the club "not a slot, but kind of." I like that they're keeping the appearance simple. Looks like another fine offering from Titleist.

~Rock

I don't care what Titleist people will say, and I don't care what Titleist says their motivation was. All I care about is how it performs comparatively to the current line.

I've always liked the looks of the Titleist drivers.

I can't wait to hear what Titeist loyalists are going to say to praise the "Active Recoil Channel" after years of attacking TaylorMade for "gimmicks".
You mean Adams? Adams had the slot long before TM.that was one reason that TM acquired Adams.

You mean Adams? Adams had the slot long before TM.that was one reason that TM acquired Adams.

According to both companies, that is rumor only.

Actually reminds me more of the Nike VR Pro driver than TM/Adams.

I wonder if nike will sue titleist for this, it's exactly the same as a nike vr pro ltd edition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is remarkably similar to the old Nike...eerily so.

I wonder if Titleist will add a super low spin D1 or D4 to the lineup to compete with the SLDR's and Alpha's out there?

And Adams wasn't the first to have it either.

I enjoyed the heck out of the 910 and will be following along closely with this new stallion out of the herd. :golf2:

Titleist drivers have always been classy looking. Id like to see how it sounds and the difference in their d2/d3 offerings. I liked my 905,907 and 910. Really had no reason to get rid of them outside of being a ho. Will be checking this out for sure

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I can't wait to hear what Titeist loyalists are going to say to praise the "Active Recoil Channel" after years of attacking TaylorMade for "gimmicks".
clearly different.

This thing has an ARC.

I honestly believe that Titleist could give the 915 a Nascar paint job, a compass on the bottom, 17 sliding weights, and a crappy tip-soft solo shaft option and the loyalists would be lining up to buy it. It's just the way of things these days...brand loyalty is powerful stuff and logic, reason, and the facts be damned.

Titleist 915 Drivers

I honestly believe that Titleist could give the 915 a Nascar paint job, a compass on the bottom, 17 sliding weights, and a crappy tip-soft solo shaft option and the loyalists would be lining up to buy it. It's just the way of things these days...brand loyalty is powerful stuff and logic, reason, and the facts be damned.

The fact is that if this driver performs, what other logic, reasons, and facts matter?

Rhetorical question: the answer is none. The only fact that matters is performance.

I would love to see all these apologists for brands that people talk about constantly ... I see none of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back