Cleveland Smart-Square Putter Review

Nice. Thanks for doing that coers.

After reading this thread and putting around with this flatstick at Golfsmith recently I'm kind of wanting to pick up a Smart Square and give it a go.
it is a great flatstick!

After reading this thread and putting around with this flatstick at Golfsmith recently I'm kind of wanting to pick up a Smart Square and give it a go.
I personally think you'll like it man. check out your local golf course and see if you can try one for a round.

That is what I did, I used a black sharpie so it wouldn't mess with my white lines, but gives me just enough to line up, then the white lines insure that I am square.

Well, since this is not under our NDA, I can safely say that one of these at 36" will be my Morgan Cup gamer. Probably a WinnPro X 1.18 grip.

I'm back to pondering these again.

Yes Between This and the Cleveland Classic Black #2 for me--I am putting them both through the pressure test this week to see who comes out on top.

This one is a lock for me. I am changing my initial plans up slightly. Going with the heel shafted instead of the CS. I have been pulling my CS putters big time lately. Then to overcompensate, I have been leaving the toe open. Easy fix, ditch the CS for a while.

Not sure on my putter selection yet but will definitely be giving this one a fair shake. Being a blade guy this would be a huge change for me.

Not sure on my putter selection yet but will definitely be giving this one a fair shake. Being a blade guy this would be a huge change for me.
I switched from a milled blade to the heel shafted SS and never looked back. The squares simply work, and the insert is more firm than I expected. The whole package is just really solid.

I switched from a milled blade to the heel shafted SS and never looked back. The squares simply work, and the insert is more firm than I expected. The whole package is just really solid.

Love reading this and can't wait to get it in my bag!

I have to say the SS held up well today under tournament pressure and a rainy day. 30 putts and 5 great 1 putts getting me up and down for Par. Looking down and focusing on the squares just really helps under pressure.

I have to say the SS held up well today under tournament pressure and a rainy day. 30 putts and 5 great 1 putts getting me up and down for Par. Looking down and focusing on the squares just really helps under pressure.

This is one thing I'm looking forward to with this

I'm gonna have to give this one another run next time I'm out at the golf store. My reasonable success with the 2Ball has me curious again.

Nice, I still need to roll the CS version.

Such solid putters.

29 putts today no 3 putts, I think we have an MC putter winner.

Honest feedback--Sometimes I don't like the general look of the SS putter. I prefer the look of a blade or at most a mini mallet FGP style. But the same stuff I dislike about the size and the athletics, there is absolutely noting more comforting than seeing those squares and that big putter head when I am over a 3 footer. Its big and clunky--but when I have a 3 footer in a tournament I don't want to see a putter that I am not certain if its lined up just right. Props to Seemore putters in having the RST crutch I used for some time, the Squares are filling that need for me here.

29 putts today no 3 putts, I think we have an MC putter winner.

Honest feedback--Sometimes I don't like the general look of the SS putter. I prefer the look of a blade or at most a mini mallet FGP style. But the same stuff I dislike about the size and the athletics, there is absolutely noting more comforting than seeing those squares and that big putter head when I am over a 3 footer. Its big and clunky--but when I have a 3 footer in a tournament I don't want to see a putter that I am not certain if its lined up just right. Props to Seemore putters in having the RST crutch I used for some time, the Squares are filling that need for me here.

I like it dude, its a solid stick and the square work, period.

But if you think this is big....you need some L2 in your life. Hahahaha!

Looks like I'm gonna be sporting the Smart Square heel shafted putter for the MC. Went back to roll it more today and it came down to this and the Classic blade #2. I simply decided that the alignment aid was the deciding factor cause I was rolling them both well.

Good to hear you have a weapon dude! I imagine you will be quite lethal with this one. I never did find a left handed one to try, but everytime I looked at them I thought the alignment aid was solid

Good to hear you have a weapon dude! I imagine you will be quite lethal with this one. I never did find a left handed one to try, but everytime I looked at them I thought the alignment aid was solid

It was more so than I was expecting and the ball did roll very well off the putter face. Now need to decide if I can counter balance it and if that would suit me.

It was more so than I was expecting and the ball did roll very well off the putter face. Now need to decide if I can counter balance it and if that would suit me.

That would be interesting. I thought I remember you saying you struggled from distance with the Tank.. So I wonder if you would see more of the same with this CB'ed?

That would be interesting. I thought I remember you saying you struggled from distance with the Tank.. So I wonder if you would see more of the same with this CB'ed?

That's my only worry but since the SPi training I got a few weeks ago I think it was all stroke issues. But the safe bet would be a 34 incher and call it there.

That's my only worry but since the SPi training I got a few weeks ago I think it was all stroke issues. But the safe bet would be a 34 incher and call it there.

Sounds like you know what you want boss man.

Back