Titleist 915 Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
So curious question about embargos pertaining to this club. The pictures that are all over the place currently, found with a quick google, are those sites going against embargo?

I still like the 913. Looks ok though

My experience with Titleist has proven to me that they aggressively try to avoid being a "gimmicky" OEM and that the technology that they put into their clubs and balls is based on sound R&D. TM and Adams have offered evidence that the "slot technology" has merit and they continue to receive positive feed back from pros and amateurs alike. Titleist has now added this technology to their line up and I for one am very interested in the up coming 915F and 915H offerings where this "slot technology" should help get the ball up on shots hit lower on the face. Classic Titliest looks, proven performance and hopefully a great selection of stock shafts should make these clubs another winner.

I have to say that I've seen some interesting spins in here.

Primarily the idea that because Titleist added it to a club, the technology is confirmed/verified in some peoples' eyes. No doubt that it's going to be a good driver in my mind, but it's certainly an interesting view point. You have multiple companies that have used something, some of whom were really hit hard as throwing out gimmicks, but now it's suddenly legit.

Will finish that by saying look at my sig before getting too worked up or labeling me a hater. The comment is more about the consumer's perception rather than the companies.

Haha this is about as bad at 9mm vs. .45 ACP

This looks like an interesting driver. I liked the 910 and didn't see much difference with the 913.

Just very odd that the assumption persists that R&D differs so greatly between companies that one holds the power of 'verifier'.

I will hit it. If it can out perform my current driver then I will ponder it, and over analyze it to the point of confusing my simple mind.

I wonder if the D3 is Low Forward CG and D2 is going to be further back

Just very odd that the assumption persists that R&D differs so greatly between companies that one holds the power of 'verifier'.

I sometimes wonder what Titleist's mythical R&D does. They have released many clubs that make me say "that's it?"

I think their R&D group is solid. I just also think other companies' have solid R&D groups too.

I think their R&D group is solid. I just also think other companies' have solid R&D groups too.

They better with all the competition right now.

Oh I agree. But the idea that their release schedule proves second to none R&D is humorous to me.

I'm curious to see what hosel is in this- if they stay sure fit or change again.

I think SF is solid. I'm a fan of not changing adapters if they work.

me too. Makes dropping $$$$$$$ for a shaft that much easier to swallow.

The fact is that if this driver performs, what other logic, reasons, and facts matter?

Rhetorical question: the answer is none. The only fact that matters is performance.

I would love to see all these apologists for brands that people talk about constantly ... I see none of it.
I'm a Titleist homer through and through. I have no problem admitting it, its just the way it is for me.
I still try to look at everything objectively but Titleist is the one brand that I'll buy first and test second.

When a technology becomes proven enough for Titleist to employ.

"Slot technology, now approved for over the counter Titleist drivers"

I am curious about head shape and how deep the face is.

The Surefit hosel is great, no need to change it.

I don't see Titleist so much as being a technology verifier as the "cool" cheerleader at school who won't attend any party until she hears on the grapevine that it's banging. That chick misses out on a lot of parties.

So curious question about embargos pertaining to this club. The pictures that are all over the place currently, found with a quick google, are those sites going against embargo?

These are in hands of players who will be on national television. I'm assuming to release pictures taken from the event would be fine. Now as far as other info and pictures, that would be breaking embargo. Though I may be wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Feel free to post any pictures that are not watermarked.

I'm a Titleist homer through and through. I have no problem admitting it, its just the way it is for me.
I still try to look at everything objectively but Titleist is the one brand that I'll buy first and test second.

That's the same way I am as far as their drivers are concerned, I have never second guessed one and don't see any interruptions in that thought process lol, they're just solid clubs.

I think it looks good and will certainly see if it out performs my 913. As far as the slot goes....never bothered me and I never looked at it as a Taylormade invention. I believe it was around before with Nike and Adams, before the buyout. I have 2 Adams clubs with slots (top and bottom) in my bag now and they work, for me. Performance trumps all so I will for sure give this a look.

The Surefit hosel is great, no need to change it.

I don't see Titleist so much as being a technology verifier as the "cool" cheerleader at school who won't attend any party until she hears on the grapevine that it's banging. That chick misses out on a lot of parties.

She does. But she misses both cool parties and dorkfests (to continue the theme).

I like Titleists. Play their clubs (not balls) and when I buy anything I often ask "What is the titleists option".
Right now I have the 907. Maybe this is a big enough change to get a new stick. Or maybe I will get a 913 used for $125.

Unlike others, I have a swing that can't fully utilize all the distance tech. I just do not hit it on the screws enough. I do catch it low often and typically hit down on the ball producing very high very spinny all carry drives. If that helps to fix this, sign me up. I doubt it will. ANd If I fix the swing, the differnce between what I have and what I can buy is basically zero (based on range, trackman, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back