Callaway Apex Irons Review Thread

Well, my first round out with these on the course went well. Hit an 8 iron into 2 different par 3's, both 160 yards. Last one I bit a little thin off the bottom of the club, still felt good, pin high 10 foot left for bird. The course I played on was pretty short, so it was mostly driver,
Wedge. Can't wait to hit them some more. Spent some more time on the range with them this week too, smooth shots just feel amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, my first round out with these on the course went well. Hit an 8 iron into 2 different par 3's, both 160 yards. Last one I bit a little thin off the bottom of the club, still felt good, pin high 10 foot left for bird. The course I played on was pretty short, so it was mostly driver,
Wedge. Can't wait to hit them some more. Spent some more time on the range with them this week too, smooth shots just feel amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its tough to beat the low and toe forgiveness of these. ive been reminder of that when trying out other offerings out there.

Its tough to beat the low and toe forgiveness of these. ive been reminder of that when trying out other offerings out there.

How are those Apex's doing for you Mike? New angles working better for you?

How are those Apex's doing for you Mike? New angles working better for you?

Definitely for the AW thats for sure.

Gotta get them through the paces more, reverted to some old habits I think this past saturday so really hard to tell right now.

Definitely for the AW thats for sure.

Gotta get them through the paces more, reverted to some old habits I think this past saturday so really hard to tell right now.

I'm ready to see what you can do with those Apex's when we are in Myrtle Beach. Your play with them will be my deciding factor to purchase some or not. :confused2: JK

I'm ready to see what you can do with those Apex's when we are in Myrtle Beach. Your play with them will be my deciding factor to purchase some or not. :confused2: JK

What happens if I dont bring them :alien:

For those that went with Recoils with these irons how did you decide on flex? Looking at the chart F3/F4 overlap a little in terms of swing speed recommendations. I hit these with an F4 and while it felt great and yielded good results, I wonder if F3 would be better given my tempo.

For those that went with Recoils with these irons how did you decide on flex? Looking at the chart F3/F4 overlap a little in terms of swing speed recommendations. I hit these with an F4 and while it felt great and yielded good results, I wonder if F3 would be better given my tempo.

I went Recoil 660 F3 simply because I wanted a lighter shaft but the 660-680 are both mid-high launching. I say hit them both and see which one you like better. Could just come down to feel/weight.

What happens if I dont bring them :alien:

Gotta play something before that Friday. Before you get your sweet Cleveland set up. Either way, I'm definitely leaning towards purchasing some Apex irons by end of this year. Just too good irons to pass on.

Gotta play something before that Friday. Before you get your sweet Cleveland set up. Either way, I'm definitely leaning towards purchasing some Apex irons by end of this year. Just too good irons to pass on.
j40 dpc!

but I'll probably bring the apex...maybe even I'll stop being lazy and re grip them

I went Recoil 660 F3 simply because I wanted a lighter shaft but the 660-680 are both mid-high launching. I say hit them both and see which one you like better. Could just come down to feel/weight.

Thanks. I know the weight I want & during my fitting in Saturday only hit the 680 F4. I liked the weight and feel, just wondering if the F3 is a "dramatic" drop off from the F4. Like I said the swing spied chart has them overlapping so that had me pondering.

Thanks. I know the weight I want & during my fitting in Saturday only hit the 680 F4. I liked the weight and feel, just wondering if the F3 is a "dramatic" drop off from the F4. Like I said the swing spied chart has them overlapping so that had me pondering.

It's an 11 gram difference between the 660 F3 and the 680 F4. To me, thats a significant difference. No fitting carts around near you?

It's an 11 gram difference between the 660 F3 and the 680 F4. To me, thats a significant difference. No fitting carts around near you?

Not with a wide selection of Recoils.

The fitting was thorough and the only diff between the Nippon & Recoils was better spin #'s with the Nippon (not drastic) but was hitting a R flex Nippon compared to a F4 Recoil. Not sure how that effects son, but I was looking at Recoils to save my hands/wrists & joints bc I'm noticing they are sore after rounds with my current steel shafts.

Not with a wide selection of Recoils.

The fitting was thorough and the only diff between the Nippon & Recoils was better spin #'s with the Nippon (not drastic) but was hitting a R flex Nippon compared to a F4 Recoil. Not sure how that effects son, but I was looking at Recoils to save my hands/wrists & joints bc I'm noticing they are sore after rounds with my current steel shafts.

Precisely why I am going with the Recoils. I am currently playing KBS Tour 90's and before that Nippon 950's. The steel is just too harsh on my hand/wrist. Cant wait to get those clubs/shafts.

Precisely why I am going with the Recoils. I am currently playing KBS Tour 90's and before that Nippon 950's. The steel is just too harsh on my hand/wrist. Cant wait to get those clubs/shafts.

I emailed UST via their website and they responded. Looks like the Recoil 95 F3 is the way to go. He recommended the 660's, but that is way too light for what I like.

Thanks for your help Ricky. Hopefully I'll get mine in before Myrtle & we can compare.

So I had my dad out at the range with Apex and a few different shaft options, which of course means I was inclined to hit them... repeatedly...

Took to the course, and decided to just play 6 iron. 382 yards on the 10th (although longer as the pin was in the back).

I went 6 iron 6 iron and then drained a 20 footer for birdie hahahaha! Love these things.

Its only a matter of time Dan.

July 28th.

I love my tour v's

I'm not sure I've seen a stiff shaft allow for such penetrating flight, and while some might argue it's about how you swing, having three heads with three shafts, and not paying attention to the shaft 100% confirmed it for me. They just really suit where my swing activates.

Just ordered my new apex today. Sold my first set due to the light weight shafts but these ones I am hoping are going to be perfect; 5-pw with recoil 95 F3 hard stepped.

I'm not sure I've seen a stiff shaft allow for such penetrating flight, and while some might argue it's about how you swing, having three heads with three shafts, and not paying attention to the shaft 100% confirmed it for me. They just really suit where my swing activates.
same for me, my ball flight is much better than what I had with px, even though they lighter they just feel more solid, I am. not using the right words, but they play like a heavier shaft with less weight to me

Just ordered my new apex today. Sold my first set due to the light weight shafts but these ones I am hoping are going to be perfect; 5-pw with recoil 95 F3 hard stepped.

Same here except I went 6-AW. I can't wait to get these out on the course

The Apexes continue to haunt my dreams. So excited to put these in play next month.

I see all the tour v love and I agree. Great combo of weight and launch angle. Feels good too!

Back