Range Memberships

deuce

Grenade!
Reaction score
Does your home course offer it?
How much do they charge?
Do you have a range membership?

I begged for the course down the road to institute range memberships. They complied. It's $400/year*. I wonder if that's a reasonable price. It's for unlimited range balls.

*By contrast, a full membership is $900/year.

None do around here that I am aware of. Many offer cards that give you a few free buckets.

My course offers one for $100 or $125 which is super reasonable but I don't have one as I have a membership to another range I can use all yr and I take lessons there

The range I go to offers one for $300 right now, but I do not think it is a full 12 months ... I believe its a 9 month term ...

The also offer a deal for $100 that ends up being 2 free buckets ...

No idea if they do or not - it is not a private course so I guess it is possible. Never thought to ask even though I hit balls once a week and usually buy a small bucket before our league night. Will find out and intrigued if that is a decent cost.

The range I go to charges a whopping $1200 for a membership. And that doesn't give you balls from the heated bays in the winter. To be fair, the members area is really nice, and includes a short game area with bunkers. But there's no way I'd get enough practice in to make it worth the cost. Maybe if all year was available.

While I'm not a member, the course close to me offers a range plan. $80 a month and unlimted balls plus discounted tee times. Tues range is closed and I can play for $35. For where I'm at this is perfect.

I have one. I pay $55 per month for unlimited range balls. A large bucket at this course is $10 so if I hit 6 or more buckets I'm ahead of the game. Its not unusual for me to go hit three or four nights a week so I'm way ahead with the range membership. It's all going to boil down to how many buckets you think you'll hit and if you think you'll be money ahead or not.

The range plan is included in the membership at my home course.

Some of the other courses in our area offer a range plan stand alone that runs around $500 for the year

Does your home course offer it?
How much do they charge?
Do you have a range membership?

I begged for the course down the road to institute range memberships. They complied. It's $400/year*. I wonder if that's a reasonable price. It's for unlimited range balls.

*By contrast, a full membership is $900/year.

My home course just offered a range membership for $400/year. My two big problems with this are 1) it's a mat-only range, and 2) The logistics of it are you have to go get a card to use in the machine each time you want one. The clubhouse is a fair distance from the range balls, so it's rather inconvenient if you want to do more than one bucket a session. I just don't think it's worth that much. I'll buy a multi-use card that has a 33% bonus on average for what you spend on it, and I'll do most of my ball striking sessions in my garage.

The best range near me is $700 annually, mats only, up to 5 large buckets per day.

My range membership is about $375/yr and allows me to hit at two ranges at two different semi-private courses, unlimited balls/time out there. I don't have a course membership and play a variety of courses in the area, but the ranges are only 5 mins away and I can get a good session on the range, short game areas/putting grens where I feel like I got more golf in than I would if I played 18. In the long run, the range saves me money in green fees because I don't feel a need to go out on a course to play after an exhausting few hours at the range. Same range offers $12/day for balls if you don't have the pass. Members of the course get free balls though.

Most places here have it available separately or as an add-on.

The cheapest? 200 with membership, 300 without.

Most expensive: $395 (but that is a dedicated range with separate putting and short game greens, but it is not at a course)

I had really figured I would be getting one this year. Weather has put a damper on it. Not worth it when I can't be there enough to get my moneys worth out of it.

My range membership is about $375/yr and allows me to hit at two ranges at two different semi-private courses, unlimited balls/time out there. I don't have a course membership and play a variety of courses in the area, but the ranges are only 5 mins away and I can get a good session on the range, short game areas/putting grens where I feel like I got more golf in than I would if I played 18. In the long run, the range saves me money in green fees because I don't feel a need to go out on a course to play after an exhausting few hours at the range. Same range offers $12/day for balls if you don't have the pass. Members of the course get free balls though.

I'm curious, what course?

Ours offers a pay ahead plan which includes playing perks along with cheaper range balls. The offer I elected to go with provided $225 worth of range balls for $150, no expiration. Normal costs are $10 for 115(ish) balls, $7/75, $5/50 and they just cross off buckets as I use them. The range also serves as a gateway to promote a new golf course/development about 15 miles out in the boonies. With my plan, I also received 3 free 18 hole green fees with cart, a $78 perk. The (old) course is just 9 holes right now, pretty challenging but certainly not in pristine shape. They are well on the way to finishing the second nine and by the looks of the holes I've seen will be even tougher. It's hard to really envision how everything will come together once they really get to selling lots for homes out there, been slow for sure, the range is definitely a key advertising opp as is in a busier area. My free passes expire on Dec 31 and I'm waiting to see if they'll have the second nine in play before cashing them in.

Last edited:
I go to Plum Creek Driving Range. It's a very nice facility and can't beat the price for a very well manicured all grass range. Only $175 for the entire year. No limit on number of buckets per day and has a nice putting/chipping green.

My home course offers a range membership at $43/mo, but as a Men's Club member it's only $27/mo during the Men's Club tournament season. Even at $43/mo it's a steal - a large bucket is $8 per so if you hit 6 buckets, which is probably my minimum most weeks, you're ahead. That's $344 per the 8 months that is golfing weather here.

200 bucks at my course for the year, something I really need to invest in since its 3.50 a bag and I'm turning into a bit of a range rat.

The course I frequent charges $70/month for unlimited range and two rounds a month.

I typically use the range a lot, so it's like I'm getting a deal on range balls with two rounds of golf thrown in on top.

I wish my course did, I'm just getting back into golf after stopping a few years ago (after just getting started really) and use the range a lot to try and nail down the basics of a good swing. We do have the option of a couple of mat only ranges locally but not sure of the cost. We have a grass Trump range at the Aberdeen course which costs £495 ($840) per year for membership. My course charges £1,850 ($3,145) per year for membership and we get no range benefits!! A bucket of 50 balls cost £3.60 ($6)

$500 unlimited at my local range. Id do it in a second of it was grass and had more short game area. Instead I bought a $80 card for 12 large buckets. Basically 2 free buckets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our range membership is $125 for a single and $185 for a family.

I have been looking all year in my area and I only found one course that offers unlimited range and they charge $1000 for the year. I talked to my home course and they stopped offering range memberships as guys were selling range balls trying to make some of there money back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most places here have it available separately or as an add-on.

The cheapest? 200 with membership, 300 without.

Most expensive: $395 (but that is a dedicated range with separate putting and short game greens, but it is not at a course)

I had really figured I would be getting one this year. Weather has put a damper on it. Not worth it when I can't be there enough to get my moneys worth out of it.

i am jealous of this. i havent branched out too far as the muni course near me is only 3 miles away. the other is a cc that i cant afford to join. i have asked if they will give me a punch card for my punch cards with the volume i have gone through. my goal for this first year of golf is to get mechanics down and im averaging 7-9 buckets a week :(

Back