Midwest Golf Get Together THP Style

due, i havent read all 14 pages. Is this a 'pay-in advance' type of thing? or are we good to pay when the time comes?

It would suck for anyone who payed in advance and then found out they needed a leg amputated or something else came up?

OH, and put me on for guarentee(unless my leg needs amputated :D ), it WILL work out, I was saving to make my golf trip to Bismarck, ND this year, but Iwould be alone on that, so A change of plans will land me 54 holes in 2days, in NE.

due, i havent read all 14 pages. Is this a 'pay-in advance' type of thing? or are we good to pay when the time comes?

It would suck for anyone who payed in advance and then found out they needed a leg amputated or something else came up?

OH, and put me on for guarentee(unless my leg needs amputated :D ), it WILL work out, I was saving to make my golf trip to Bismarck, ND this year, but Iwould be alone on that, so A change of plans will land me 54 holes in 2days, in NE.

I think you will really like the courses we are playing. I've not played them, but have heard great recomendations so far. Here's the links again, so everyone can check them out.

Quarry Oaks, About Iron Horse Golf Club

As far as paying ahead, I can't say for sure yet. I have already locked Iron Horse with my credit card for 15 people. I can't lock Quarry Oaks with less than 20, more than one month prior. I will be locking that on my card as well, but am a little squimish that if a few don't make it I get the ticket, lol. With that said, I'm just sort of waiting to see a head count and hoping to get lots of players. So, keep those legs in great shape. :D

Due, those courses look beautiful! This should be a very exciting few days.

Due, those courses look beautiful! This should be a very exciting few days.

Yeah, I think it's going to be a blast. I hope to get over there in a week or so to see these courses and the club house's. Meet the people in charge and set this thing up proper.

I can assure you that the courses selected for this are top notch! I've played golf all over the Midwest and a few in areas like Florida and Georgia and I would stack up both Quarry Oaks and Iron Horse with any course I've played.

We would absolutely love to have you there to share the fun. The initial 18 hole round is like $64 and $25 more if you play the additional 18 in the afternoon. Also, I'm not sure how far Sioux Falls is, but you might contact Puttin4Bird and see when he's coming down, although he may spend the night.

I am stoked at this point, we are going to have a blast. Hope it works out.

My plan at this point is going to be to drive down Monday probably after supper with the family. I'll stay at my good buddy Dano's place and we'll be there bright eyed and bushy tailed ready for the 8 am tee at Quarry Oaks. I'll stay again on Tuesday night then being that it looks like only an 18 hole day on Wednesday I'll probably head back up north sometime after golf and a bite to eat Wednesday late afternoon/early evening. If I can I'd like to make it back in time to tuck my daughters in bed, shouldn't be too tough to accomplish.

I hate to say this but I will not be able to make it. The company we were going to rent the house from for our vacation during this time has decided that they will not refund us the money already paid. :at-wits-end: I was REALLY looking forward to this but paying for a house to have it stand empty and paying for a hotel room just won't work. :banghead:

Google says I'm 9hrs and 16 min away. I'm seeing what my schedule will permit. I would love to try and make this. BTW if I can make this the 1st person who laughs at my swing has to buy me a beer! LOL

I can assure you that the courses selected for this are top notch! I've played golf all over the Midwest and a few in areas like Florida and Georgia and I would stack up both Quarry Oaks and Iron Horse with any course I've played.

That's what we like to hear. You by chance have an afternoon free in a couple weeks to play 18 at one of the places and look around. Anyone else in the region is welcome to join us.... even your buddy Dano, :D.

My plan at this point is going to be to drive down Monday probably after supper with the family. I'll stay at my good buddy Dano's place and we'll be there bright eyed and bushy tailed ready for the 8 am tee at Quarry Oaks. I'll stay again on Tuesday night then being that it looks like only an 18 hole day on Wednesday I'll probably head back up north sometime after golf and a bite to eat Wednesday late afternoon/early evening. If I can I'd like to make it back in time to tuck my daughters in bed, shouldn't be too tough to accomplish.

That's kind of my plan as well. However, I would think several of us will get together for a bite to eat and a soda or two, :D, the night before if you guy's want to hook up.

Not sure on the plan of playing down there in the next couple of weeks myself, Dano may be interested if you send him a PM I'm sure he'd be more than willing to play- it'll be tough for me to juggle cuz the way it's looking right now I'm going to be hopping a plane to the FL THP outing so any other trips are kind of on hold to accommodate that one.

As far as meeting for a few soda pops Monday night prior to the Tuesday round at Quarry Oaks I am very interested! I'll be shacking up with Dano and I'm fairly certain he wouldn't have to be begged to participate in such a meeting as well, it would be safe to consider us in for that Duey!!!

I hate to say this but I will not be able to make it. The company we were going to rent the house from for our vacation during this time has decided that they will not refund us the money already paid. :at-wits-end: I was REALLY looking forward to this but paying for a house to have it stand empty and paying for a hotel room just won't work. :banghead:

Dang wullf, thats too bad. Sorry to hear the news man. Hope something changes for you, but fully understand.

Where is the rental?

Google says I'm 9hrs and 16 min away. I'm seeing what my schedule will permit. I would love to try and make this. BTW if I can make this the 1st person who laughs at my swing has to buy me a beer! LOL

Mytime, it's your time?? :D Hope it works out for you. I'll be down your general direction soon, well actually the Branson area, seeing my Grandkid. I'll take the deal on laughing at your swing and make the same. Sounds like a way to get plenty of free booze for me. :clapp:

I'm still planning on coming. Not sure about a Monday meet up though, but I'll keep such a thing in mind. I'll be coming in from the west and likely just grab a motel in Lincoln. I'll need to rest up after the drive so that maybe I won't completely embarrass myself. My game has been rather inconsistent so far this year.... and that's the good part. :laughing:

I'm still planning on coming. Not sure about a Monday meet up though, but I'll keep such a thing in mind. I'll be coming in from the west and likely just grab a motel in Lincoln. I'll need to rest up after the drive so that maybe I won't completely embarrass myself. My game has been rather inconsistent so far this year.... and that's the good part. :laughing:

Fourputt sorry about not being able to help with the drive. Hve fun for me out there will ya.

Great to hear Fourputt, I was looking forward to you joining us. As far as the embarrass part, you won't be along there brother :D. I hope to get out today for the second time and business keeps me locked up. I may show up with only one round in, lol.

This is about fun and relaxation for me, but everyone else can do as they like. However, once you see me play you can't help but have fun :banana:

I know i will go stictly for the fun part of it, im not to competitive...yet. I haven't had a single round in yet, and our courses dont open til early/mid april

I know i will go stictly for the fun part of it, im not to competitive...yet. I haven't had a single round in yet, and our courses dont open til early/mid april

Does this mean I should leave the video cam at home? :D Most likely someone there will bring a lot of game, but it won't be me. I'll be happy with seeing everyone and getting to play a nice course.

Maybe we should come up with some kind of penalty for the person who shoots the lowest score, ROFL.

Bring the camera, we could have AFV: THP style. make our own video's. and

lowest score buys first round!

Bring the camera, we could have AFV: THP style. make our own video's. and

lowest score buys first round!

There you go! Will do.

Is SD playing? If she is, I don't think that rule is fair to her since we know she's going to beat all of you guys.

woops never mind now i get it duh...

Then we will hafta play 'beat by a girl' rules, everyone she beats owes her a drink lol

Back