2015 THP Events--Where and Why? Lets Discuss

THP'ers crashing a cruise ship would get.....interesting. Haha

Just don't book on carnival...,Bud Light cruise anyone??!!??

We could start with a simple 3 or 4 night cruise visiting Nassau, Key West and/or Cozumel. Some great courses such as the Ocean club in Nassau, Key West GC (Rees Jones) and Cozumel CC (Club Corp group).

We could start with a simple 3 or 4 night cruise visiting Nassau, Key West and/or Cozumel. Some great courses such as the Ocean club in Nassau, Key West GC (Rees Jones) and Cozumel CC (Club Corp group).

Best way to eliminate slow play.
"Take too long, miss the ship".

yeah I think the practice swings and plum bobbing would be at a minimum

What about Columbus? There is the course at the zoo which gets great reviews and there are a couple more real nice courses in the area

A THP cruise...now we are talking.

Did someone say cruise.

What about Columbus? There is the course at the zoo which gets great reviews and there are a couple more real nice courses in the area

yea get mike on that......muirfield village and whatever else lol

Hopefully you Ohio guys are okay traveling as well. I mean while we know its the utopia of golf, and love coming to OH, we hope a few of you guys decide to venture out a bit and enjoy some other amazing spots.

I kid I kid. :bulgy-eyes:

Hopefully you Ohio guys are okay traveling as well. I mean while we know its the utopia of golf, and love coming to OH, we hope a few of you guys decide to venture out a bit and enjoy some other amazing spots.

you may get your wish my grandparents live in venice FL maybe a visit/ golf trip is needed for 2015.

you may get your wish my grandparents live in venice FL maybe a visit/ golf trip is needed for 2015.

I dont think THP will be hosting an event in Venice, but FL will most likely have 1. However its a fairly large state.

Like Michigan???

I think I could bring my putter along for the ship ride!!!
golf-course.jpg

I think something up in the Northwest would be nice. Gorgeous region of the country. Or maybe a series that includes different types of courses all together? Desert, ocean side, forest, wide open nothingness of the central plains. I will definitely be more active with these types of events next year if not in the Morgan Cup......or not buy clubs every month.

And then Coers gets left behind in a foreign country and infects the natives with whatever plague he has that week. I see international incident written all over this.

Northwest Indiana/Southwest Michigan is a great area. Harbour Shores is an amazing course (Senior PGA) close to Chicago and have Lake Michigan right there for families.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So i read pretty much every single post in this thread..some great places listed. Let me see if i can throw a few ideas in the fire as well..

Louisville, KY. Great area, some great golf courses on both sides of the Ohio river in Indiana and Kentucky that could accomadate both the event and extra rounds. Plenty of good places to eat and stay. Pretty good number of AC THPer's within 3 hour drives. Easy interstate access by car, airport is actually fairly easy to fly into as well. Less than 2 hours from Indy, 3 hours from Nashville, 3 hours or so from Cinncy, about 4.5 from Columbus, OH and St. Louis. 6 Hours from Chi-town.

Tampa/St. Pete, FL. I know, crazy right? But a large contingent of AC THPer's plus HQ not far away. Easy airport access from anywhere in the country. Some great options of courses that arent prototypical Florida courses. (Streamsong anyone?) Would be make a great "off-season" event for those of us to the North that are willing to fly. Possible Ultimate Ultimate location??? Maybe a good spot for a spouses included event.

Denver, CO. Seems this city has a lot of support. And a few of the Denver THPer's have supported coming East. A different type of golf played there and it would be fun to experience it. Another major city with lots of flight options and quality courses in abundance. Also somewhere that THP hasn't been.

Durham/Raleigh, NC. Not sure about airports in and out, but the interstate system into there is pretty solid. Could draw a nice grouping of AC members from a 4 to 5 circle. Even farther with the advent of a new idea called car-pooling. A different type of golf than what some would be use too. Lots to do in the area and a large number of courses in the area (i assume) that would meet what THP looks for..

I'm sure I can list more, but those are places that I think fit what the intent of the OP was. I haven't seen a bad place picked yet for an event, some dont draw as well as others for whatever reason, but we learn and move on and find the best places that will maximize what the sponser hopes to get from the events.

So i read pretty much every single post in this thread..some great places listed. Let me see if i can throw a few ideas in the fire as well..

Louisville, KY. Great area, some great golf courses on both sides of the Ohio river in Indiana and Kentucky that could accomadate both the event and extra rounds. Plenty of good places to eat and stay. Pretty good number of AC THPer's within 3 hour drives. Easy interstate access by car, airport is actually fairly easy to fly into as well. Less than 2 hours from Indy, 3 hours from Nashville, 3 hours or so from Cinncy, about 4.5 from Columbus, OH and St. Louis. 6 Hours from Chi-town.

Tampa/St. Pete, FL. I know, crazy right? But a large contingent of AC THPer's plus HQ not far away. Easy airport access from anywhere in the country. Some great options of courses that arent prototypical Florida courses. (Streamsong anyone?) Would be make a great "off-season" event for those of us to the North that are willing to fly. Possible Ultimate Ultimate location??? Maybe a good spot for a spouses included event.

Denver, CO. Seems this city has a lot of support. And a few of the Denver THPer's have supported coming East. A different type of golf played there and it would be fun to experience it. Another major city with lots of flight options and quality courses in abundance. Also somewhere that THP hasn't been.

Durham/Raleigh, NC. Not sure about airports in and out, but the interstate system into there is pretty solid. Could draw a nice grouping of AC members from a 4 to 5 circle. Even farther with the advent of a new idea called car-pooling. A different type of golf than what some would be use too. Lots to do in the area and a large number of courses in the area (i assume) that would meet what THP looks for..

I'm sure I can list more, but those are places that I think fit what the intent of the OP was. I haven't seen a bad place picked yet for an event, some dont draw as well as others for whatever reason, but we learn and move on and find the best places that will maximize what the sponser hopes to get from the events.

Some solid offerings there Keegan. RDU has good access with Sourhwest.

And with DC/Balt being about 4.5 and ATL maybe 5 if I remember correctly It's a good tweener.

Nashville, TN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THP was just there for an amazing weekend a few weekends ago.

Back