Titleist 915 Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully you'll be able to share your thoughts on it then.

I have heard there will be more shaft options with 915

It is. I have enjoyed their drivers in the past, but have been critical of their forgiveness for amateur golfers. I think they made a step in the right direction in the 913 and when I reviewed it, it was solid across the board. I happened to find something that worked better for me, but its a solid head. Just not as laterally forgiving as what I am using now.

I was told the 915 improved upon that head, which is a good thing and hopefully jumpstarts some sales for the company.

That has always been pretty much my ONLY knock on the 910 and then the 913, its just not where I needed/wanted it forgiveness wise. But from a sound, distance, look, perspective they were a lot of fun. If they really have addressed and remedied that, it will be a really interesting club for me that I otherwise wasn't really thinking about initially.

Hopefully you'll be able to share your thoughts on it then.

I have heard there will be more shaft options with 915

10/1 is what I am told. Which sounds really far away, but truthfully will go by pretty fast in terms of releases and we will have a full review then.

It is. I have enjoyed their drivers in the past, but have been critical of their forgiveness for amateur golfers. I think they made a step in the right direction in the 913 and when I reviewed it, it was solid across the board. I happened to find something that worked better for me, but its a solid head. Just not as laterally forgiving as what I am using now.

I was told the 915 improved upon that head, which is a good thing and hopefully jumpstarts some sales for the company.

Slightly OT, but do they really need to jumpstart sales? Seems like their ball sales will always carry that company, and the clubs are just gravy for them. Or have they been suffering of late with their business model?

Slightly OT, but do they really need to jumpstart sales? Seems like their ball sales will always carry that company, and the clubs are just gravy for them. Or have they been suffering of late with their business model?

He's talking clubs side only I believe, not the golf balls. Golf balls will always drive them sales wise, no doubt, but IMO they could do more as far as the clubs are concerned.

Something I am certainly interested in. I like the tech, but I did think Nike VR when I seen it. But its nice to them looking at adding forgivness. The few times i have hit the 913 I have been impressed. I have a feeling this head combined with mid/mid shaft would be a killer. Especially if they have added forgivness and the early results I have seen seem to indicate the channel added down low forgivness. Which when I miss, is usually where I miss so this could be a killer head for me.

Looks great! I think I'll have some Titleist clubs in my bag finally after this season.

Titleist 915 Drivers

Can't wait to hear more about this one after THP's August trip to Titleist. The last two drivers have had some comments about low-ish forgiveness, and I have to wonder if the new design helps with that.

If I can hit this thing straight, then it is probably plenty forgiving. :wink:

If I can hit this thing straight, then it is probably plenty forgiving. :wink:

I'm right there with you buddy.

I actually liked the 910. Would have liked a higher loft than I had, but sounded and looked great. Still, probably could use a little more help off-center, hence why I have what I do in the bag.

I'm thinking I will have to park one of these in the ole gray bag one of these days. :thumb:

Not really at all to me to be honest.

Anyone else think the driver looks similar to the Cobra Bio Cell on the bottom minus the weight?
I don't see it, but if this driver can incorporate Bio Cell esque forgiveness across the face with Titleist looks and feel they will have a winner.

I'm looking forward to seeing how much the ARC increases ball speed over the 913 or 910 drivers.

Not at all, Callaway has held the patent to their sliding weight BEFORE Mizuno or TM put out theirs. It isn't about the weight, its the location of the weight. We've seen time and again on monitors that the weight on the BB works and truly alters the flight while on the SLDR and the Mizzy before it it is extremely debatable how much of an effect it actually has according to data.

A patent is one thing, but so is first to market. Mizzy had them and TM beat with that by a number of years. I don't think you can overlook that. I don't think you can overlook it here in this case also with the groove on the new Titleist. Just my thoughts.

A patent is one thing, but so is first to market. Mizzy had them and TM beat with that by a number of years. I don't think you can overlook that. I don't think you can overlook it here in this case also with the groove on the new Titleist. Just my thoughts.

It's kind of funny to me. Who had who beat when it came to a White Driver or an Adjustable driver? I actually don't think it matters who brings it to the marketplace first, because that doesn't always get remembered.

OK guess I'm wrong. Thought it looked similar on the bottom behind the face, but hey what do I know. Still a good looking driver which I was telling my PGA pro about the other day. He said he just talked to the titleist Rep and he said nothing about it.

Again though, completely different locations, and location IS the effectiveness of the sliding weight systems. Two don't really work that well if at all, one does.

That said, back to the 915, I want to hit it.

OK guess I'm wrong. Thought it looked similar on the bottom behind the face, but hey what do I know. Still a good looking driver which I was telling my PGA pro about the other day. He said he just talked to the titleist Rep and he said nothing about it.

You aren't wrong, I just don't see what you do, that's the beauty of it, we don't have to see things the same.

I'm with James. The sole behind the face seems more indented, like the compression channel was, compared to the smartpad on the bottom of the Bio Cell drivers. I do think it's a good looking club though and I love that they changed the alignment aid. That was long overdo IMO

But I want to see what Jman is seeing becuase you see great things in equipment. I wish I knew half the stuff you knew about equipment bud.

Have you own any titleist drivers before and do you think they are going in the right direction for this driver?
You aren't wrong, I just don't see what you do, that's the beauty of it, we don't have to see things the same.

Reps don't usually get that much information before the public does. They'll hear about products and possibly hear what the big idea behind it is, but not much else.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

if Titleist continues to make drivers more user friendly, than I think they are going in the right direction. I think they have been creeping that way over the last couple releases.

Reps don't usually get that much information before the public does. They'll hear about products and possibly hear what the big idea behind it is, but not much else.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

very true. I remember at the end of April talking to some TaylorMade reps at a demo day. Hinted that something was coming out the following week(SLDR S) and they said they knew of nothing that was coming out till the end of the year. Meanwhile I knew I was jumping on a plane the next weekend for a release event.

Cant wait to try this out. Currently play the 913D2 and love it. It is not the absolute longest driver out there, but it is still plenty long, forgiving, and looks great. Hope they stick with the same 4 stock shaft options which are awesome.

I agree with you there. Seems like Titleist has more of a simpler concept and keeps more of a traditional Driver. Not out there hitting LOOOONG balls or #BERTHALONG balls. Just hey it works and it will work for you once you get properly fitted with you local Titleist fitter.
if Titleist continues to make drivers more user friendly, than I think they are going in the right direction. I think they have been creeping that way over the last couple releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back